UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 pm

cLams wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
eam829 wrote:
cLams wrote:
I'm starting to think I'm going to be dinged too. :( Do you mind sharing your stats?

162/3.4-- kind of expected but was was hoping work as a legal journalist would be a big help. le sigh.

sigh i was complete since mid-oct... if you're going to reject me hastings i don't mind just do it now!

Bummed, bummed, bummed! I'm 161/3.7 :( I'm really surprised by their admission choices this cycle. A ton of great applicants have been let down. (But still a HUGE congrats to all the awesome admits)

alas, clammyhands, they are not as awesome as we could have been.

cLams

Postby cLams » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 pm

sibley wrote:
cLams wrote:
eam829 wrote:
cLams wrote:
I'm starting to think I'm going to be dinged too. :( Do you mind sharing your stats?

162/3.4-- kind of expected but was was hoping work as a legal journalist would be a big help. le sigh.

Bummed, bummed, bummed! I'm 161/3.7 :( I'm really surprised by their admission choices this cycle. A ton of great applicants have been let down. (But still a HUGE congrats to all the awesome admits)

Touche! Still can't believe you weren't an auto-admit Sibley...what has this world come to?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 pm

cLams wrote:
sibley wrote:
cLams wrote:
eam829 wrote:162/3.4-- kind of expected but was was hoping work as a legal journalist would be a big help. le sigh.

Touche! Still can't believe you weren't an auto-admit Sibley...what has this world come to?

I should have known something was up when all the sea lions deserted the pier. The universe is off its axis. And the sea lions are looking for me... and you, actually. They'll show up in New York Harbor while I'm at <insert random school>. Where you will be too.

We can fix the abyss... all we have to do is go to the same school.

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 am

sibley wrote:
cLams wrote:
sibley wrote:
cLams wrote:162/3.4-- kind of expected but was was hoping work as a legal journalist would be a big help. le sigh.

I should have known something was up when all the sea lions deserted the pier. The universe is off its axis. And the sea lions are looking for me... and you, actually. They'll show up in New York Harbor while I'm at <insert random school>. Where you will be too.

We can fix the abyss... all we have to do is go to the same school.[/quote]

Well THAT explains where all the sea lions went. I felt their absence the last time I was in the Bay Area. The abyss will be fixed when we attend <insert most amazing school ever> on full ride in the fall!

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am

cLams wrote:Well THAT explains where all the sea lions went. I felt their absence the last time I was in the Bay Area. The abyss will be fixed when we attend <insert most amazing school ever> on full ride in the fall!

You and I could end world hunger. And then we could bring world peace without a dichotomy of power. The sea lions knew.

sflaw

LOCI???

Postby sflaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 am

Waitlisted Tuesday, possibly YP (moved to SF in June); and am not too well read on the LS admissions process (not very lawyerly, I know).

Any thoughts as to sending a LOCI asap or waiting a bit until the application deadline has passed?

Should I take the afternoon off from work and walk it there through the 'Loin?

sibley

Re: LOCI???

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

sflaw wrote:Waitlisted Tuesday, possibly YP (moved to SF in June); and am not too well read on the LS admissions process (not very lawyerly, I know).

Any thoughts as to sending a LOCI asap or waiting a bit until the application deadline has passed?

Walking through loins is always worthwhile.

...I emailed them my LOCI immediately and they thanked me. the next day I asked them if I could reapply for leop and they said no but thanked me for being so dang gung ho. so be gung ho. I feel like the best way to get off of a waitlist is to make important friends.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 am

sflaw wrote:Waitlisted Tuesday, possibly YP (moved to SF in June); and am not too well read on the LS admissions process (not very lawyerly, I know).

did the waitlist say anything about contacting them? i think i recall someone stating that the letter told them it was not necessary at all to do so...

at any rate they won't look at your app again until after the deadline. most likely a few weeks after the deadline which would be enough time to process all the last second applications. so i would wait until then.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

finalaspects wrote:

did the waitlist say anything about contacting them? i think i recall someone stating that the letter told them it was not necessary at all to do so...

at any rate they won't look at your app again until after the deadline. most likely a few weeks after the deadline which would be enough time to process all the last second applications. so i would wait until then.

they also said not to contact them about regular admissions. look where that got me =(

whatever hastings admissions says, do the opposite.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 am

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

they also said not to contact them about regular admissions. look where that got me =(

haha well for you since i think we're all 99.99% sure you were a YP, showing them your enthusiasm would be for the best. Non-YP people should wait for the reasons i listed above. they will not look at your apps until a few weeks after the deadline at the earliest...

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 am

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

haha well for you since i think we're all 99.99% sure you were a YP, showing them your enthusiasm would be for the best. Non-YP people should wait for the reasons i listed above. they will not look at your apps until a few weeks after the deadline at the earliest...

hm. you make sense. but I still like the idea of having everyone and anyone antagonize them until disciplinary action is taken against whoever planned out their cycle this year. and/or he/she is forced to work 80 hours a week and let us all in.

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 am

Here are my two theories about why so many people who would probably be admitted in previous years are being WL/Rejected:

1. Hastings is trying to cut down on class size. My class is ginormo, and although I'm not really sure why, it's not good for anyone involved.

2. Hastings is desperately trying to raise its ranking to make up for its financial situation. This relates to number 1, of course. Smaller class with higher numbers = higher ranking.

If you think you're being YP'd, send a LOCI as quickly as possible. Definitely hand deliver if you can. The admissions is small (from what I've seen) and any interaction that makes you memorable is a bonus. Plus then you can taste our delicious Law Cafe and hang out in the T-Loin.

sflaw

Postby sflaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 am

finalaspects wrote:

"Because we have a very large number of applications to process, we will appreciate if you do not call or email us regarding the waitlist." --From the WL email

The way I read, a LOCI via mail or personal delivery (especially) has not been uninvited. An LOCI would not be in re the Waitlist, but rather an applicant's expression of devotion to the school.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 am

sflaw wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

"Because we have a very large number of applications to process, we will appreciate if you do not call or email us regarding the waitlist." --From the WL email

The way I read, a LOCI via mail or personal delivery (especially) has not been uninvited. An LOCI would not be in re the Waitlist, but rather an applicant's expression of devotion to the school.

then don't talk about the waitlist, talk about how awesome the school his, and how much you could contribute

The reference to the WL could mean, "hey don't call us about when you'll hear back, or where you are on the list"

sflaw

Postby sflaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:52 am

Borhas wrote:
sflaw wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

then don't talk about the waitlist, talk about how awesome the school his, and how much you could contribute

The reference to the WL could mean, "hey don't call us about when you'll hear back, or where you are on the list"

That is what I meant when I said "The way I read..."

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:55 am

sflaw wrote:
Borhas wrote:
sflaw wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

That is what I meant when I said "The way I read..."

sorry, for some reason I thought I was responding to the person you quoted

sflaw

Postby sflaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 am

Borhas wrote:
sorry, for some reason I thought I was responding to the person you quoted

No worries...Frustrated because I recently moved across the country to San Francisco and hopefully applied to Boalt and expectingly applied to Hastings (and after the last minute applied to Santa Clara) and that's all. Perhaps, I should've been more "Why Hastings" in my PS; or maybe my application was deficient. I'm slowly falling in love with SF and want to join its legal community.

lawstudent2010

Postby lawstudent2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

Accepted out of state. Is the $50,000 in tuition/fees making anyone else thing twice of attending?

azb

Postby azb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

lawstudent2010 wrote:Accepted out of state. Is the $50,000 in tuition/fees making anyone else thing twice of attending?

Congratss!!
When did you go complete?

lawstudent2010

Postby lawstudent2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks! I sent in my application early Dec. but had to wait for the Dec. LSAT scores. Acceptance in early February. Will be going to the Admitted Students Day

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 pm

I think I will be going to the April ASD, anyone else?

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 pm

lawstudent2010 wrote:Accepted out of state. Is the $50,000 in tuition/fees making anyone else thing twice of attending?

Yeah, I'm definitely eager to see what they offer me scholarship-wise.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Borhas wrote:I think I will be going to the April ASD, anyone else?

Yeah, if Hastings is still in the running for me in early April I'll buy a plane ticket and go check it out.

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Borhas wrote:I think I will be going to the April ASD, anyone else?

I am for sure!!

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Going to the March one!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”