UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 pm

jks289 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jks289 wrote:WL. Above median GPA, well above 75% LSAT.

Balls.


were you notified through email?


Yes, by email. This is my SEVENTH waitlist. I feel like I am getting YPed from my target/safeties, and am not good enough for my target/reaches. I am not that optimistic about my LSAT score for Feb, and am feeling really demoralized. God damn it.


Wow I'm sorry. That sounds like a really shitty situation. It's like your in the LSAT no man's land. I have no advice, but just wanted to offer some empathy. :(

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm

calgal17 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jks289 wrote:WL. Above median GPA, well above 75% LSAT.

Balls.


were you notified through email?


Yes, by email. This is my SEVENTH waitlist. I feel like I am getting YPed from my target/safeties, and am not good enough for my target/reaches. I am not that optimistic about my LSAT score for Feb, and am feeling really demoralized. God damn it.


Wow I'm sorry. That sounds like a really shitty situation. It's like your in the LSAT no man's land. I have no advice, but just wanted to offer some empathy. :(


Thanks. I am actually in at WUSTL and BU, so it could be worse. :) I just don't understand how the same applicant can be waitlisted by both Chicago/Georgetown/UCLA AND Notre Dame/Hastings. (Plus on hold or deferred Cornell and Northwestern). It is really frustrating, but my February score will settle things once and for all.

OrcinusOrcas
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I applied to Hastings with the Early Commitment option in November. In December, I received a notice that I was deferred to the regular pool. Today, I get the waitlist notification.

It says they will let people in off the waitlist "as early as May". But that's still too late for deposit deadlines due in April (all my schools want deposits by then). :?

I'd say I'm probably not going to be at Hastings this fall.

katalatriste
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby katalatriste » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm

WL today with 160/3.7. should i send an LOCI even though the email made it seem like they dont want to hear from me until they ask...

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Headybrah » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 pm

WL here

pm 4 numbers

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

katalatriste wrote:WL today with 160/3.7. should i send an LOCI even though the email made it seem like they dont want to hear from me until they ask...



I sent one. I cc'd in someone I'd met from the admissions office but sent the main message to the admiss@uc email

manu4ever882001
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby manu4ever882001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

...
Last edited by manu4ever882001 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manu4ever882001
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby manu4ever882001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm

...
Last edited by manu4ever882001 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 pm

manu4ever882001 wrote:
katalatriste wrote:WL today with 160/3.7. should i send an LOCI even though the email made it seem like they dont want to hear from me until they ask...



we have almost the same numbers and I haven't heard from them yet, complete 11/23... hastings why do you ignore me :(


+1, complete 11/5 with a slightly higher GPA. Hopefully that'll get me out of the waitlist vacuum...

oolala
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby oolala » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 am

Among those who are attending Hastings this year, anyone interested renting my place? I am going to another state for law school this fall.. I thought it would be nice to have fellow law students stay at my place while I'm gone :)
I live in Emeryville(right across Bay Bridge, in the East Bay), in a high-rise condo. One master bedroom and large livingroom.
I think two people can share the place to pay cheaper rent. And here're Yelp reviews of the HOA:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-park-pl ... emeryville

Sorry if this is considered spamming.. I'll delete this posting if it's a violation of the rules here. But I thought I would ask ppl here before posting it to craigslist.

Plz PM me if you are interested! :)

sflaw
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sflaw » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 am

Waitlist today: 3.6, 167. Yield Protect?
Last edited by sflaw on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

katalatriste
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby katalatriste » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 am

msch0i wrote:
manu4ever882001 wrote:
katalatriste wrote:WL today with 160/3.7. should i send an LOCI even though the email made it seem like they dont want to hear from me until they ask...



we have almost the same numbers and I haven't heard from them yet, complete 11/23... hastings why do you ignore me :(


+1, complete 11/5 with a slightly higher GPA. Hopefully that'll get me out of the waitlist vacuum...


good luck to you both! i applied under the LEOP program so i guess they deferred my application to the regular pool. i went complete 12/7

User avatar
ToadGoDead
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:09 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby ToadGoDead » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 am

waitlisted as well...

md;jdwannabe
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby md;jdwannabe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:54 am

I got IN! I guess the M.D. (with many years in academic practice) and LORs did count for something, because the numbers were far from great! A nice present for my 47th birthday. Now I can graduate at the tender age of 50...Big brother is coming!

Cale39
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Cale39 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 am

sflaw wrote:Waitlist today: 3.6, 167. Yield Protect?


that's fuuuuuckin whack

User avatar
weaselology
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby weaselology » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:07 am

md;jdwannabe wrote:I got IN! I guess the M.D. (with many years in academic practice) and LORs did count for something, because the numbers were far from great! A nice present for my 47th birthday. Now I can graduate at the tender age of 50...Big brother is coming!

Congrats! Looks like you have a very interesting, non-traditional background too, which is cool.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:14 am

I'm going to need to buy some furniture for my cell in the Tower, any current students moving out of Tower that want to part with some of their furniture?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Got a response to my LOCI: "Thank you for your continued interest." Think that's normal?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 pm

sibley wrote:Got a response to my LOCI: "Thank you for your continued interest." Think that's normal?


when did you go complete again? it seems like they just went on a waitlist rampage so the rest are still either accept or reject now. and your stats say accept!

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:56 pm

sorry i havent really been keeping up with this thread, but how long is it typically taking them to get back with a decision? I applied in early december and havent heard anything

(~3/169)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:Got a response to my LOCI: "Thank you for your continued interest." Think that's normal?


when did you go complete again? it seems like they just went on a waitlist rampage so the rest are still either accept or reject now. and your stats say accept!



1/4

scottwisconsin
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:00 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scottwisconsin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 pm

In.
3.3 166

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:17 pm

scottwisconsin wrote:In.
3.3 166


GRRRRRRRRRR

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Borhas wrote:I'm going to need to buy some furniture for my cell in the Tower, any current students moving out of Tower that want to part with some of their furniture?


SF craigslist duringcollege moving season is legit

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:21 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
Borhas wrote:I'm going to need to buy some furniture for my cell in the Tower, any current students moving out of Tower that want to part with some of their furniture?


SF craigslist duringcollege moving season is legit


Will it still be college moving season around August 10th?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, KatCoco, Lumis, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests