UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Borhas

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 pm

pamcasso wrote:does anyone here know if they are definitely going to hastings yet? just curious

I wouldn't say definitely but I'm about 90% sure

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Borhas wrote:
pamcasso wrote:does anyone here know if they are definitely going to hastings yet? just curious

I wouldn't say definitely but I'm about 90% sure

I refuse to commit until I know I'm in.

weaselology

Postby weaselology » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Yes, I am.

leftieash

Postby leftieash » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Unless another school nearby makes a serious clerical error...I'm pretty sure I will be :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

leftieash wrote:

Unless another school nearby makes a serious clerical error...I'm pretty sure I will be :)

Lol. Maybe they'll just <3 you.

If a school did let a student in because of an error, do you think they'd take it back? Like airlines do when they accidentally give out dirt-cheap fairs? (re: guy on CNN who got a us-australia rt first class flight for 1k... the airline then called him and said he could either take a coach seat or pay the difference in prices...10k)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:19 pm

sibley wrote:
leftieash wrote:

Lol. Maybe they'll just <3 you.

If a school did let a student in because of an error, do you think they'd take it back? Like airlines do when they accidentally give out dirt-cheap fairs? (re: guy on CNN who got a us-australia rt first class flight for 1k... the airline then called him and said he could either take a coach seat or pay the difference in prices...10k)

oh ya. There are stories about schools sending out acceptance emails to the wrong batches of students, all decisions were rescinded.

In fact, last year UCSD sent a bunch of acceptance, I think maybe to EVERYONE who had applied - all on accident. Had to take them all back, obviously.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Veritas wrote:In fact, last year UCSD sent a bunch of acceptance, I think maybe to EVERYONE who had applied - all on accident. Had to take them all back, obviously.

someone got fired.

...after they fixed it, probably

JIsaacSmith

Postby JIsaacSmith » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:56 pm

gatorlion wrote:
elmeromero wrote:
JIsaacSmith wrote:Just heard about my acceptance yesterday. REAL SURPRISED w/ a 3.1/162

I guess softs really DO matter :D

Heck yeah they matter! And I am ever so grateful they do! In w/ 3.6/mid 150s

URM?

Yeah, I'm an AA Male.. Guess that really matters also

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:57 pm

leftieash wrote:

have you heard anything about an admitted students day or week? I couldn't find any info on their website

seems like they may not have one :?

elmeromero

Postby elmeromero » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 pm

gatorlion wrote:
elmeromero wrote:
JIsaacSmith wrote:Just heard about my acceptance yesterday. REAL SURPRISED w/ a 3.1/162

I guess softs really DO matter :D

Heck yeah they matter! And I am ever so grateful they do! In w/ 3.6/mid 150s

URM?

Yep ... but then again, there are lots of latino males in California.

weaselology

Postby weaselology » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Borhas wrote:
leftieash wrote:

have you heard anything about an admitted students day or week? I couldn't find any info on their website

They have two ASDs scheduled right now: 3/20 and 4/17 (both Saturdays I believe).

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

weaselology wrote:
Borhas wrote:
leftieash wrote:

They have two ASDs scheduled right now: 3/20 and 4/17 (both Saturdays I believe).

How'd you hear about them, I couldn't finding anything on the admitted students' section of the website, and my admission letter had nothing about it.`

weaselology

Postby weaselology » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:29 pm

I assume your admissions letter was the scary small envelope with 2 sheets of paper? I received an actual admissions packet a few weeks after I got that letter. The packet had the days listed. I believe this has been the case with other admitted students as well. FYI, I also had searched the website extensively for the info and found nothing, so I am pretty sure it's not on there.

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Anyone gotten an acceptance from Hastings recently?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm

weaselology wrote:I assume your admissions letter was the scary small envelope with 2 sheets of paper? I received an actual admissions packet a few weeks after I got that letter. The packet had the days listed. I believe this has been the case with other admitted students as well. FYI, I also had searched the website extensively for the info and found nothing, so I am pretty sure it's not on there.

oh ok, yeah I'm still waiting for the packet

bayareadunks

Postby bayareadunks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Borhas wrote:
weaselology wrote:I assume your admissions letter was the scary small envelope with 2 sheets of paper? I received an actual admissions packet a few weeks after I got that letter. The packet had the days listed. I believe this has been the case with other admitted students as well. FYI, I also had searched the website extensively for the info and found nothing, so I am pretty sure it's not on there.

oh ok, yeah I'm still waiting for the packet

I almost cried when I saw the small white envelope. After I realized I was in, I was again disappointed thinking this was all they were going to send me. Good to know there is a packet coming. Unless I get into a T-14 or UCLA/USC, I'll be attending Hastings.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

JIsaacSmith wrote:Yeah, I'm an AA Male.. Guess that really matters also

elmeromero wrote:Yep ... but then again, there are lots of latino males in California.

Well congratulations to both of you! It's well deserved. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in the fall! (Should you decide to attend and I get accepted, ha)

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm for sure sending in my deposit...and riding out my waitlists.

Anybody planning on going to the April asw? I think I'm leaning towards that one instead of March now...

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Shellbelle wrote:

I'm for sure sending in my deposit...and riding out my waitlists.

Anybody planning on going to the April asw? I think I'm leaning towards that one instead of March now...

I think Ill be at the April ASD... maybe it will stop raining by then

star10

Postby star10 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 am

ouch...

rejected on my birthday...

1st choice school...depressing...why couldn't they have waited til tomorrow!

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 am

star10 wrote:ouch...

sorry to hear star10. i'm out today too. :(

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 am

Island Girl wrote:

The unnerving part is there's no status checker to tell you when evaluation is taking place or they've DR'ed.

millieb

Postby millieb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 am

Island Girl wrote:

I'm sorry! I think I'll be with you soon:( Went complete mid-November and still no word...can't be good.

Other than that I hope you had a happy birthday!

pamcasso

Postby pamcasso » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:33 am

i would like some other opinions on this dilemma of mine:

what is a better idea, considering i am pretty positive that i want to work in SF-- substantial scholarship at USF with GPA reqs, or sticker at hastings? obviously hastings is vastly above usf in rankings and what not, but the idea of having potentially lower debt is so tempting. unless i dont meet the gpa reqs, of course, and that mystery adds to the difficulty of the decision

millieb

Postby millieb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 am

pamcasso wrote:i would like some other opinions on this dilemma of mine:

what is a better idea, considering i am pretty positive that i want to work in SF-- substantial scholarship at USF with GPA reqs, or sticker at hastings? obviously hastings is vastly above usf in rankings and what not, but the idea of having potentially lower debt is so tempting. unless i dont meet the gpa reqs, of course, and that mystery adds to the difficulty of the decision

How stiff are the gpa reqs?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”