UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dltripledouble
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby dltripledouble » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:41 am

finalaspects wrote:
dltripledouble wrote:I got the Hastings acceptance letter on Saturday (1/16) and it is dated 1/13.. So I guess that means they did send out decisions last week. I wonder if it will be a weekly thing? I went complete in late october.


can you tell us your stats? if not specifics then at least with 25%, median or 75%?


I'm at 25% for GPA and above 75% for LSAT.

User avatar
weaselology
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby weaselology » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 am

a male human wrote:Did anyone get scholarships, and did it say on the acceptance letter or separately?

I received $$. It came separately from the acceptance letter via email a few weeks later.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Inygma » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm

According to last year LSN, I think there should be another big batch of acceptances at the end of the week or first thing next week.

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby socalren » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Inygma wrote:According to last year LSN, I think there should be another big batch of acceptances at the end of the week or first thing next week.


I hope you are right Inygma!

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 pm

socalren wrote:
Inygma wrote:According to last year LSN, I think there should be another big batch of acceptances at the end of the week or first thing next week.


I hope you are right Inygma!

+1!

Aias
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:17 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Aias » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 pm

IN :D

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Aias wrote:IN :D


Congrats! How did you find out, went complete etc? Thanks in advance for the info!

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Aias wrote:IN :D

Congrats! Numbers? Completion date?

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jmaan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 pm

weaselology wrote:
a male human wrote:Did anyone get scholarships, and did it say on the acceptance letter or separately?

I received $$. It came separately from the acceptance letter via email a few weeks later.


how long is a few weeks and do u mind sharing ur #'s?
i was expecting $$ but havent seen anything yet...was accepted about 2 weeks ago

User avatar
weaselology
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby weaselology » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 pm

jmaan wrote:
weaselology wrote:
a male human wrote:Did anyone get scholarships, and did it say on the acceptance letter or separately?

I received $$. It came separately from the acceptance letter via email a few weeks later.


how long is a few weeks and do u mind sharing ur #'s?
i was expecting $$ but havent seen anything yet...was accepted about 2 weeks ago

I think it was about 3 weeks more or less. 164 / 3.8 3 years work experience in Ibanking and then commercial bankruptcy restructurings and good softs.

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Bohemka » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Aias wrote:IN :D


Congrats! How did you find out, went complete etc? Thanks in advance for the info!


Also got acceptance letter in mail today :D . It was postmarked 1/22. I went complete 1/5.
GPA at median. LSAT >75%.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sibley » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Bohemka wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:
Aias wrote:IN :D


Congrats! How did you find out, went complete etc? Thanks in advance for the info!


Also got acceptance letter in mail today :D . It was postmarked 1/22. I went complete 1/5.
GPA at median. LSAT >75%.



oooh that would be a nice surprise in my mailbox. I went complete on 1/4 but am across the country... it'd be the first acceptance from a school I actually have a soft spot for. If they accept me, that is.

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jmaan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

weaselology wrote:
jmaan wrote:
weaselology wrote:
a male human wrote:Did anyone get scholarships, and did it say on the acceptance letter or separately?

I received $$. It came separately from the acceptance letter via email a few weeks later.


how long is a few weeks and do u mind sharing ur #'s?
i was expecting $$ but havent seen anything yet...was accepted about 2 weeks ago

I think it was about 3 weeks more or less. 164 / 3.8 3 years work experience in Ibanking and then commercial bankruptcy restructurings and good softs.



great, thanks...guess i just gotta wait a little

exotic
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby exotic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:35 am

hi everyone! this is my first post...i wanted to join in since i was excited for my hastings acceptance :D i know this is old news now but i got a letter dated 1/13 (and it's nice to see that i wasn't the only one that received it in a small envelope haha)

to answer some common questions (especially since i appreciate everyone else sharing their information) i sent in my application on dec 6th, i think it was complete on the 11th with a 165/3.4

it looked like earlier some people mentioned/debated hastings and loyola...i know i would personally much rather go to hastings, plus i was already in LA for 4 years (go bruins :), but i did get some money for loyola... is anyone else in the same situation? everyone i know in law school/graduated says to go where you get the most $$...

also just to confirm, weaselology (if you don't mind), you got money from hastings with a 164? do you think it was based on your numbers? if so you just gave me a glimpse of hope...!

have any of you already applied for housing in the tower? i don't know how soon to do it...it would be nice to wait and hear back from more schools but i know i'll be disappointed if i miss out and end up living in a random spot my first year

i sincerely apologize for the novel but congrats to everyone who has been accepted and best of luck to those that are still waiting to hear back

sunnygirl
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sunnygirl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am

Gee,Hastings is giving out decisions!!I hope mine is in this batch~

User avatar
weaselology
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby weaselology » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 am

exotic wrote:hi everyone! this is my first post...i wanted to join in since i was excited for my hastings acceptance :D i know this is old news now but i got a letter dated 1/13 (and it's nice to see that i wasn't the only one that received it in a small envelope haha)

to answer some common questions (especially since i appreciate everyone else sharing their information) i sent in my application on dec 6th, i think it was complete on the 11th with a 165/3.4

it looked like earlier some people mentioned/debated hastings and loyola...i know i would personally much rather go to hastings, plus i was already in LA for 4 years (go bruins :), but i did get some money for loyola... is anyone else in the same situation? everyone i know in law school/graduated says to go where you get the most $$...

also just to confirm, weaselology (if you don't mind), you got money from hastings with a 164? do you think it was based on your numbers? if so you just gave me a glimpse of hope...!

have any of you already applied for housing in the tower? i don't know how soon to do it...it would be nice to wait and hear back from more schools but i know i'll be disappointed if i miss out and end up living in a random spot my first year

i sincerely apologize for the novel but congrats to everyone who has been accepted and best of luck to those that are still waiting to hear back

Sent you a PM.

bananaslug
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby bananaslug » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:45 am

quick question, how did you find out your application was complete. I sent mine in earlier this month and have heard nothing...Also, there is no online status checker is there?

And acceptances as well as rejections come in little white envelops? How intense....

Bohemka
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Bohemka » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 pm

bananaslug wrote:quick question, how did you find out your application was complete. I sent mine in earlier this month and have heard nothing...Also, there is no online status checker is there?

And acceptances as well as rejections come in little white envelops? How intense....


No, there isn't a status checker. They informed me I was received/complete in an email a couple days after I sent the application. Didn't hear anything else till I got the acceptance letter in a scary small white envelope.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:19 pm

seems like a few more people go their decisions from 1/25. although all of them so far has a 170 or higher lsat....

at least hastings is sending out a steady stream of letters it seems...

star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby star10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 am

Has anyone who was deferred from early commitment accepted yet?

Ugh between the potential arrival ambiguous white envelopes and the lack of status checker, I'm starting to get extremely anxious! I wonder when rejections/waitlists are going to start creeping in the mix...

User avatar
SôngHươngNúiNgự
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby SôngHươngNúiNgự » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 am

...
Last edited by SôngHươngNúiNgự on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby km23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 am

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SôngHươngNúiNgự
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby SôngHươngNúiNgự » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 am

...
Last edited by SôngHươngNúiNgự on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby km23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 am

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

exotic
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby exotic » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am

star10 wrote:
Ugh between the potential arrival ambiguous white envelopes and the lack of status checker, I'm starting to get extremely anxious! I wonder when rejections/waitlists are going to start creeping in the mix...


If it helps. the "ambiguous white envelopes" contain an envelope and 2 pieces of paper, so it will be a tad bit heavier/thicker than a single rejection letter :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, Chipotle85, Christinabruin, GOODWORKSTE, JazzyMac, Leahmealone, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests