UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4855
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 pm

squirtle wrote:At least we're in it together haha

ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!

Image


:mrgreen:

User avatar
l'uccello
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby l'uccello » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 pm

squirtle wrote:
l'uccello wrote:For people in section 5: did anyone else get the email from Leshy? Unless I am looking in the wrong place, I can't find the syllabus for Fall property on the class's website, just spring....if anyone else finds it, could you post the link?



Can't find anything current, either. Everything seems to be from Spring 2010. But just glancing over the handout and syllabus, I'm scared of all the reading we're going to be getting. At least we're in it together haha


yeah between that email and the assignment for contracts im pretty much :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ek319
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:26 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby ek319 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

Anyone gone through move-in at the Tower?

I have an elevator appointment but have so much stuff (being a semi-local not subject to suitcase restrictions has turned into me trying to pack all my worldly posessions...) that I want to start moving the day before. Are the unreserved/open elevators going to be super crowded? What about parking right outside the building?

Also going in a day before my elevator appointment to get a lay of the land, if you will, and decide what can physically fit into 350 square feet of space. Aside from the pictures that have already been shared, any other images of the rooms and/or recommendations?

Thanks!
Last edited by ek319 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
weaselology
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby weaselology » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:21 am

ek319 wrote:Anyone gone through move-in at the Tower?

I have an elevator appointment but have so much stuff (being a semi-local not subject to suitcase restrictions has turned into me trying all my worldly posessions...) that I want to start moving the day before. Are the unreserved/open elevators going to be super crowded? What about parking right outside the building?

Also going in a day before my elevator appointment to get a lay of the land, if you will, and decide what can physically fit into 350 square feet of space. Aside from the pictures that have already been shared, any other images of the rooms and/or recommendations?

Thanks!

I moved in on Monday and the elevators were almost completely free. I actually moved ahead of my scheduled time and it didn't cause a problem. Parking was easy right in front as well. That being said, it seems that the number of people moving in has increased over the past few days although I wouldn't say the elevators are exactly crowded.

I have a 1 bedroom which is substantially larger than 350 square feet, so I can't speak to the space overall. However, the kitchen is...tiny (2 burner stove, tiny sink, half size fridge). Bathroom is small, but has enough room to maneuver. Living room and bedroom are actually quite spacious, so no complaints there.

maybesheis
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby maybesheis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:32 am

Today two of the three elevators were reserved for moving, and one for residents, so I would definitely call them to make sure it's not full before you decide to move in early.

ek319 wrote:Anyone gone through move-in at the Tower?

I have an elevator appointment but have so much stuff (being a semi-local not subject to suitcase restrictions has turned into me trying all my worldly posessions...) that I want to start moving the day before. Are the unreserved/open elevators going to be super crowded? What about parking right outside the building?

Also going in a day before my elevator appointment to get a lay of the land, if you will, and decide what can physically fit into 350 square feet of space. Aside from the pictures that have already been shared, any other images of the rooms and/or recommendations?

Thanks!

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby zeth006 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:11 am

Anyone know where the lockers are located? Do I need to buy my own combo lock?

ek319
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:26 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby ek319 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:55 am

Would I become tower public enemy #1 were I to use the public elevator to move a few things? Haha...

maybesheis wrote:Today two of the three elevators were reserved for moving, and one for residents, so I would definitely call them to make sure it's not full before you decide to move in early.

ek319 wrote:Anyone gone through move-in at the Tower?

I have an elevator appointment but have so much stuff (being a semi-local not subject to suitcase restrictions has turned into me trying all my worldly posessions...) that I want to start moving the day before. Are the unreserved/open elevators going to be super crowded? What about parking right outside the building?

Also going in a day before my elevator appointment to get a lay of the land, if you will, and decide what can physically fit into 350 square feet of space. Aside from the pictures that have already been shared, any other images of the rooms and/or recommendations?

Thanks!

k77
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby k77 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 pm

RadMobile wrote:Any Section 2'ers out there??


Present :)

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:51 pm

k77 wrote:
RadMobile wrote:Any Section 2'ers out there??


Present :)

One more here. God, we have another book and a clicker to buy for civil procedure.

User avatar
RadMobile
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby RadMobile » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Put it on my tab :(

At least we don't have too much reading YET right??

User avatar
RadMobile
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby RadMobile » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

As I was writing the previous post, I noticed that I had received a reading assignment via email for Crim Law.... :x

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:22 pm

RadMobile wrote:As I was writing the previous post, I noticed that I had received a reading assignment via email for Crim Law.... :x

I don't even have my book yet :(

maybesheis
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby maybesheis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 pm

They are in the basement of the 198 building. You can rent their locks, I believe.

zeth006 wrote:Anyone know where the lockers are located? Do I need to buy my own combo lock?

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby zeth006 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 pm

maybesheis wrote:They are in the basement of the 198 building. You can rent their locks, I believe.

zeth006 wrote:Anyone know where the lockers are located? Do I need to buy my own combo lock?



Yeah, found out today they haven't cleaned them all out.

User avatar
stonepeep
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby stonepeep » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 pm

zeth006 wrote:
maybesheis wrote:They are in the basement of the 198 building. You can rent their locks, I believe.

zeth006 wrote:Anyone know where the lockers are located? Do I need to buy my own combo lock?



Yeah, found out today they haven't cleaned them all out.


Yes, just wait until orientation. They will assign a locker to you. You can't just go choose one for yourself. Also, you will need to buy a combination lock for it. Campus maintenance has a master key for the locks sold at the campus bookstore, so if you ever forget the combination they will be able to unlock it for you. Otherwise, they'd just have to cut it off.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby zeth006 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:48 pm

stonepeep wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
maybesheis wrote:They are in the basement of the 198 building. You can rent their locks, I believe.

zeth006 wrote:Anyone know where the lockers are located? Do I need to buy my own combo lock?



Yeah, found out today they haven't cleaned them all out.


Yes, just wait until orientation. They will assign a locker to you. You can't just go choose one for yourself. Also, you will need to buy a combination lock for it. Campus maintenance has a master key for the locks sold at the campus bookstore, so if you ever forget the combination they will be able to unlock it for you. Otherwise, they'd just have to cut it off.


How much is it if I buy from them? If it's hella more expensive, I might as well get the generic master lock from Amazon.com.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Can I just use a key lock?

User avatar
stonepeep
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby stonepeep » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 am

zeth006 wrote:How much is it if I buy from them? If it's hella more expensive, I might as well get the generic master lock from Amazon.com.


It's like eight bucks... I wouldn't worry about it.

You can use whatever type of lock you want, though.

User avatar
RadMobile
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby RadMobile » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Got my Clipper Card in the mail today.

Paid $60 for BART fare and they gave me the $4 High Value Discount (HVD). What a discount! :roll:

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4855
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 am

so anyone else that (hasn't already contacted me or mdjd2b or zeth) wants to come to the meet and drink and eat Tuesday at 3pm, just send me pm, everyone is welcome

User avatar
stonepeep
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby stonepeep » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:09 pm

I don't think this was posted yet. Go to --LinkRemoved--, look at the "Highlights" section on that page and click the link there, and you can buy Office 2010 and Windows 7 for $9.75 each. It requires your Hastings email address and password.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby zeth006 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 pm

stonepeep wrote:I don't think this was posted yet. Go to --LinkRemoved--, look at the "Highlights" section on that page and click the link there, and you can buy Office 2010 and Windows 7 for $9.75 each. It requires your Hastings email address and password.


Everyone got it in their Hastings e-mail, haha.


Just bought it a couple of days ago too. I pirated it a few months ago with the catch that I'd have to reactivate it every 180 days. I figured I might as well go legit and pay Microsoft at least a portion of what I think the software is worth. $120 is a bit obscene, but $9.75 is more doable.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Borhas wrote:so anyone else that (hasn't already contacted me or mdjd2b or zeth) wants to come to the meet and drink and eat Tuesday at 3pm, just send me pm, everyone is welcome

I should be there. So it's 3 until when?

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby zeth006 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm

a male human wrote:
Borhas wrote:so anyone else that (hasn't already contacted me or mdjd2b or zeth) wants to come to the meet and drink and eat Tuesday at 3pm, just send me pm, everyone is welcome

I should be there. So it's 3 until when?



Until school starts on Monday.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4855
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:15 pm

a male human wrote:
Borhas wrote:so anyone else that (hasn't already contacted me or mdjd2b or zeth) wants to come to the meet and drink and eat Tuesday at 3pm, just send me pm, everyone is welcome

I should be there. So it's 3 until when?

I dunno dude, I just live here

until whenever you want to leave or whenever my housemates get tired of you :)

my guess is both depend entirely on if and how much drunk people are willing to get.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”