UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
a male human

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Anyone know how to update my permanent/current addresses? I didn't see anything in WebAdvisor.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Borhas wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:Accepted from the waitlist, and I'm attending. Still kind of in shock...

Good luck everyone!

congrats dude, was rooting for you

Thanks! I didn't realize I get much notice, but definitely looking forward to joining the Hastings class.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

a male human wrote:Anyone know how to update my permanent/current addresses? I didn't see anything in WebAdvisor.

I just did this after calling a few different offices to find out. I was asked to email the admissions office (admiss@uchastings.edu) with my new address, old address, and LSAC account number. They manage entering student files until the beginning of the academic year in August.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 pm

drdolittle wrote:
a male human wrote:Anyone know how to update my permanent/current addresses? I didn't see anything in WebAdvisor.

I just did this after calling a few different offices to find out. I was asked to email the admissions office (admiss@uchastings.edu) with my new address, old address, and LSAC account number. They manage entering student files until the beginning of the academic year in August.

Thanks for saving me the phone calls! I hate cold calling.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
Borhas wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:Accepted from the waitlist, and I'm attending. Still kind of in shock...

Good luck everyone!

Thanks! I didn't realize I get much notice, but definitely looking forward to joining the Hastings class.

You're becoming a celebrity here. :lol:

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

zeth006 wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:
Borhas wrote:

Good luck everyone!

becoming?

LizBennet

Postby LizBennet » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Did anyone else get their tuition/ fees invoice? I just got mine and I was charged for non-resident tuition even though I sent in my Resident Application before the deadline and have been in CA my entire life. I've been trying to call the office, but no one ever answers and I sent an email yesterday but didn't receive a response. Did anyone else experience this?

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

becoming?

Now, now, pretentiousness doesn't suit you...but then again, people tend to give John Mayer a free pass.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:56 pm

zeth006 wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

becoming?

Now, now, pretentiousness doesn't suit you...but then again, people tend to give John Mayer a free pass.

Obviously in jest (without a cool avatar, how big can my head really get that big?)

On a real (life) note: I'm incredibly excited to get this entire law school thing started. I love to complain and some of the complaining that I've heard from friends in law school has been top-notch.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

LizBennet wrote:Did anyone else get their tuition/ fees invoice? I just got mine and I was charged for non-resident tuition even though I sent in my Resident Application before the deadline and have been in CA my entire life. I've been trying to call the office, but no one ever answers and I sent an email yesterday but didn't receive a response. Did anyone else experience this?

You checked the fall semester only, right? It had a line indicating non-resident?

Keep calling.

MD/JD2B

Postby MD/JD2B » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 pm

I can't get anything to show up on web advisor. Anyone else having this problem? I have a menu but there's no student account summary to click on

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:I can't get anything to show up on web advisor. Anyone else having this problem? I have a menu but there's no student account summary to click on

In "Main Menu" click on "Current Students" and then it should be under "Financial Information." Select "Fall 2010" then submit. That worked for me...

LizBennet

Postby LizBennet » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 pm

a male human wrote:
LizBennet wrote:Did anyone else get their tuition/ fees invoice? I just got mine and I was charged for non-resident tuition even though I sent in my Resident Application before the deadline and have been in CA my entire life. I've been trying to call the office, but no one ever answers and I sent an email yesterday but didn't receive a response. Did anyone else experience this?

You checked the fall semester only, right? It had a line indicating non-resident?

Keep calling.

Yea, I am definitely only looking at the Fall invoice. It has an extra $5,600, or so, indicated as "non-resident tuition." UGH. I have just been getting that woman's voicemail in the FinAid office the last 2 days, no matter what time I call. Frustrating!

MD/JD2B

Postby MD/JD2B » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm

The main menu I see is listed on a page with a picture of three people. Nothing happens if I click on it; on the same page is a message that everything from webadvisor is on web outlook. So when I get into web outlook I can send and receive messages on it, but there's no main menu or mention of tuition...very frustrating.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:The main menu I see is listed on a page with a picture of three people. Nothing happens if I click on it; on the same page is a message that everything from webadvisor is on web outlook. So when I get into web outlook I can send and receive messages on it, but there's no main menu or mention of tuition...very frustrating.

Of the three pics on the main menu page, the current students one is active for me, and clicking on it leads to the financial info section.

sflaw

Postby sflaw » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:11 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:The main menu I see is listed on a page with a picture of three people. Nothing happens if I click on it; on the same page is a message that everything from webadvisor is on web outlook. So when I get into web outlook I can send and receive messages on it, but there's no main menu or mention of tuition...very frustrating.

Are you logged in? There is a tab on the upper left to do so.

And Concentra Medical Center at 110 Sutter will do a physical and TB test for $95, I was in and out in under an hour.

MD/JD2B

Postby MD/JD2B » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks, everyone I got it!!!

LizBennet

Postby LizBennet » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

It just says the webadvisor account uses the same outlook ID.
Go to webadvisor (with the pics of the 3 people) -> click log in (in the top right corner) -> use your outlook email username and password -> click "current students" (should be highlighted in blue) -> click "student account summary (under financial info). Hope that helps. . .

edit: nevermind...you got it

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Sooo....can someone recommend me a bare bones health insurance plan that works in SF??

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:57 pm

So I see the estimated financial aid (two Stafford loans) listed in the invoice, and they are slightly less than half of 8500 and 12000. I assume the missing amount is the loan fee? Or is it interest deducted?

Also, when do the estimated figures become credited? The email says sometime between now and 8/20, but if anyone has a more accurate date...

squirtle

Postby squirtle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 am

Hey, I was wondering the same thing. Did you not receive the email about deducting $5,600 if you submitted the papers?

On webadvisor, it has the $18,000 figure for tuition but I was thinking that you're supposed to deduct $5,600 from that total. Or am I totally misinformed?

Here, from the email: If you are applying for California residency for tuition purposes and/or will be waiving the health insurance, you may deduct $5,612 in non-resident tuition and $993 for the insurance premium from your payment.

So, I'm thinking everyone gets charged for non-resident tuition fees on the initial invoice...can anyone confirm this?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 am

That would make sense, since they aren't done processing residency forms.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 am

I don't see any non-residency charge on my invoice. I think 18k is the base amount.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 am

The fee of $18K/semester is for residents according to: --LinkRemoved--), plus $5K+ for non-residents. Subtracting the non-res tuition only makes sense if you're clearly billed for it anyway, and you're actually a resident.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am

a male human wrote:So I see the estimated financial aid (two Stafford loans) listed in the invoice, and they are slightly less than half of 8500 and 12000. I assume the missing amount is the loan fee? Or is it interest deducted?

Also, when do the estimated figures become credited? The email says sometime between now and 8/20, but if anyone has a more accurate date...

Whoop, almost let you guys get away with not helping me with my questions :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”