UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolwannabe1

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lawschoolwannabe1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:34 pm

sao415 wrote:Has anybody who received the WL Inquiry email on Monday been called yet? I've been watching my phone fiendishly and am beginning to go a little crazy! :)

Just a little crazy, that's pretty good....

My whole family thinks I'm going to Hastings, thanks to the fact that I told my 85 year old grandmother on the phone that I was on their waitlist. Bless her heart, she didn't know what a waitlist meant and proceeded to call everyone I knew and tell them I got into Hastings! Rather than phone everyone up, and disappoint them (and her), I just convinced myself that I would get the acceptance call. When the first set of emails went out a month ago, I didn't get one. On Monday I did get an email and I immediately responded back YES! and gave them my updated info. Since I already signed a new 1 year lease on my apartment here in San Francisco and am in the middle of another law internship, as well as working my regular job to pay the bills, there's not a lot more than I can do now than just wait...., and wait.....and check my phone messages every few hours in case I miss the call.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 pm

I received the email Monday, replied Monday, and have yet to hear a peep. It appears these emails, previously thought to be all but conclusive of an offer, are actually pretty over-inclusive. That makes sense. They would have to account for the fact that in June many Waitlisters would have moved on, lost interest, or whatever... I still hope they give me a shot. We'll see.

Headybrah

Postby Headybrah » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 pm

bet they email then rank those who respond.

seashim

Postby seashim » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm

After a lot of consideration and a really awful afternoon, I decided to not go to Hastings. It was a really hard choice, and I'm still not sure I did the right thing, but I feel like if I spend summers there then it will really help with getting a job after graduation. I really sincerely hope that one of you gets my spot!

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:57 am

seashim wrote:After a lot of consideration and a really awful afternoon, I decided to not go to Hastings. It was a really hard choice, and I'm still not sure I did the right thing, but I feel like if I spend summers there then it will really help with getting a job after graduation. I really sincerely hope that one of you gets my spot!

Best of luck to you then. Your time at Stanford/Boalt/UCLA/USC or wherever you're going should pay off nicely.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:02 pm

zeth006 wrote:
seashim wrote:After a lot of consideration and a really awful afternoon, I decided to not go to Hastings. It was a really hard choice, and I'm still not sure I did the right thing, but I feel like if I spend summers there then it will really help with getting a job after graduation. I really sincerely hope that one of you gets my spot!

Best of luck to you then. Your time at Stanford/Boalt/UCLA/USC or wherever you're going should pay off nicely.

I agree. Unless the environment of SoCal is SO INTOLERABLE that it can't be stomached, then what you get is a big boost in ability to find work. Some say, "Just go where your heart tells you to go." That motto is true, but with constraints. So much of this game is being able to do this career (and hopefully enjoy it), and job placement is a necessary element of that future.

Best of luck to you!

cice729

Postby cice729 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:19 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

I agree. Unless the environment of SoCal is SO INTOLERABLE that it can't be stomached, then what you get is a big boost in ability to find work. Some say, "Just go where your heart tells you to go." That motto is true, but with constraints. So much of this game is being able to do this career (and hopefully enjoy it), and job placement is a necessary element of that future.

Best of luck to you!

Good luck! If it's UCLA/USC, you're top 20 and golden. You can go anywhere.

Anywho, so what's this about Mr. Canada being out of town? Does it mean he won't be making calls until the 21st? Eeeeeeeeee...my nerves are going to implode. Whew!

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:54 pm

cice729 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

Best of luck to you!

Good luck! If it's UCLA/USC, you're top 20 and golden. You can go anywhere.

Anywho, so what's this about Mr. Canada being out of town? Does it mean he won't be making calls until the 21st? Eeeeeeeeee...my nerves are going to implode. Whew!

I just want to second what everyone already said. It sounds like you don't have anything to worry about, seashim! I wish you the best of luck! :)

I'm relieved to find out about Mr. Canada being out until the 21st. It's nice to know I can relax until Monday!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

"I'm relieved to find out about Mr. Canada being out until the 21st. It's nice to know I can relax until Monday!"

That's the best to way to look at it, for sure. If they don't call, it's a function of his being gone!

MD/JD2B

Postby MD/JD2B » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Party at my house between August first and orientation if we can get a quorum.

wellgee

Postby wellgee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:39 pm

I got the WL e-mail as well... but no call as of yet (probably due to Mr. Canada being out of town? hopefully??)

Are there ppl on the WL that didn't receive the e-mail?

sao415

Postby sao415 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm

wellgee wrote:I got the WL e-mail as well... but no call as of yet (probably due to Mr. Canada being out of town? hopefully??)

Are there ppl on the WL that didn't receive the e-mail?

I got the email last Monday and have been watching my phone like a hawk. I swear, I have had the nerves of a chihuahua all week... I read that he's supposed to be back today. I wonder when he makes calls? From the other posts it seems like afternoons. I wonder when this round of offers is going to be over. When I got the email I thought a call was just about guaranteed because that's how the postings seemed with the first round. I really hope I see that 415----- number soon on my phone! :) Good luck!

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Received the email, responded, but haven't heard since :(

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah, I got the email 7 days ago, and still nothing. In the interim I got accepted off Cardozo HOLD list and turned them down, then got offered admission at UC Davis on Thursday. More "cycle" action than I have had since I applied. Still very much in the Davis vs. Hastings dilemma, so yes, I am hoping they make me an offer. They both have BIG pluses, and they each have one or two notable drawbacks (depending on your preferences).

HobbitCat

Postby HobbitCat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:55 am

Does anyone else have $18,000+ in their "pay on my account" in web advisor? I thought statements weren't supposed to show up until july 7th?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 pm

HobbitCat wrote:Does anyone else have $18,000+ in their "pay on my account" in web advisor? I thought statements weren't supposed to show up until july 7th?

Yep. I'm not going to worry about that for the moment.

I still need to find a decent physician to handle my medical forms and tests. :shock:

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:40 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:Party at my house between August first and orientation if we can get a quorum.

that's a pretty long party

I wholeheartedly approve

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm worried about the entrance interview still "MISSING"

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 pm

a male human wrote:I'm worried about the entrance interview still "MISSING"

It's "missing" for me too, and I've completed it.

I also got an email from the financial aid office yesterday that listed fin aid requirements I've already completed. It seems like their fin aid system is not updated yet...

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Nor has my residency form been processed yet. I'm assuming they got slammed and are still sorting through what they have.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

missinglink wrote:Nor has my residency form been processed yet. I'm assuming they got slammed and are still sorting through what they have.

Mine has been received, it took a good week to appear under My Documents, but that's all the info I have. I imagine they'll contact me if it's denied.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm

where do you guys find out what's be "received" or not?

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Borhas wrote:where do you guys find out what's be "received" or not?

Listed under "My Documents" in the Current Students menu.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Finally touched base with Greg today. I am in and have until Friday noon to make a deposit.

Headybrah

Postby Headybrah » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm

congrats figured it was going to be good news! your numbers are good enough, are you leaning towards hastings?

hopefully they get around to some of us who received the email but have been left sitting here in limbo

Wishing you other folks out there the best, it helps to get away from the computer!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”