UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RadMobile

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby RadMobile » Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah, hopefully you'll see some movement!

I got my email address today, still waiting on financial aid info. Tell me something good Hastings!

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

yeah, got that email too, paper work... gah

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 pm

RadMobile wrote:Yeah, hopefully you'll see some movement!

I got my email address today, still waiting on financial aid info. Tell me something good Hastings!

they gave you your email as soon as you submitted the first deposit?

I didn't submit mine though it was due yesterday... I really need the financial info before I donate $500....

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 pm

RadMobile wrote:Yeah, hopefully you'll see some movement!

I love and dread getting my assigned email. My last name is unfortunately 9 letters long, and the username is limited to 8 characters.

So my last name is cut off right at the end. It's been like that everywhere.

RadMobile

Postby RadMobile » Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Borhas wrote:yeah, got that email too, paper work... gah

Amen brother, rounding up immunization records sure is fun

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:32 am

RadMobile wrote:Any news or movement?

The thread has been dead...:?

Nada.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 am

RadMobile wrote:

Which email are we talking about? I got one for the WebAdvisor today. And immunization records... for waiving your medical insurance at Hastings?

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 am

a male human wrote:
RadMobile wrote:

Which email are we talking about? I got one for the WebAdvisor today. And immunization records... for waiving your medical insurance at Hastings?

I think we're talking about that WebAdvisor email, indicating our username/email address. The immunization records are required for enrollment, regardless of med insurance.

cLams

Postby cLams » Fri May 21, 2010 7:28 pm

tommytahoe wrote:

I was just gonna get on here and tell y'all that, nope, nothing for me. I'm one of the email recipients —like Sibley and I think missinglink, who got the email and later the offer of admission. It will have been 10 days tomorrow when they sent the email. I responded with the info. and an attached LOCI, so if they don't make an offer, it won't be because I didn't express interest!
We'll see...

Tommytahoe- I still haven't received a call yet either...looks like we're getting the torture treatment! I keep getting random phone calls from unknown area codes too.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri May 21, 2010 7:43 pm

cLams wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

I was just gonna get on here and tell y'all that, nope, nothing for me. I'm one of the email recipients —like Sibley and I think missinglink, who got the email and later the offer of admission. It will have been 10 days tomorrow when they sent the email. I responded with the info. and an attached LOCI, so if they don't make an offer, it won't be because I didn't express interest!
We'll see...

Tommytahoe- I still haven't received a call yet either...looks like we're getting the torture treatment! I keep getting random phone calls from unknown area codes too.

I wish I could change my profile name. When I lived at Tahoe I was a big Sopranos and Goodfellas fan, and I created this mafia alias, "Tommytahoe." This is the last remnant of that moniker... thought I'd share.
Yeah, I have completely zenned out on the Hastings wheels of progress. If they are going to call me, there must be a process at work here, defined by all those things adcomms have to worry about: deposits, withdrawals, competing with schollies from lesser schools. These things can be achingly gradual. I will just wait.
If they are NOT going to make an offer, well, there's nothing I can do about it. I have sent them the LOCI stuff, my interest is 100% and sincere.
Just gotta wait. :)

RadMobile

Postby RadMobile » Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 pm

10.8 K

Thank you Hastings. We gotta find a way to revive this thread somehow. Where is everyone planning on living?

a male human

Postby a male human » Sat May 22, 2010 11:58 pm

I wanted to look for cheap housing in the East Bay. I've also heard of people living in the UCSF dorms?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun May 23, 2010 4:16 am

I walked around the Tenderloin, and that's a no go for me at least. It's ok for work, but I can't live there.

Right now I'm looking at places in Alamo Square, preferably close to the #5 Muni line.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 am

RadMobile wrote:10.8 K

Thank you Hastings. We gotta find a way to revive this thread somehow. Where is everyone planning on living?

I'll be living in forest hill extension, found a great deal from another Hastings student renting out a section of his house. I'll have to take the bus to school though

RadMobile

Postby RadMobile » Sun May 23, 2010 10:34 am

After speaking with a Hastings graduate, he said one of his only regrets was not living in the city while he went to school.

My wife and I have been looking around Telegraph, Nob Hill, North Beach area. We've found a lot of cheaper places in "Lower Nob Hill" but I think the name is deceiving. It really isn't "Nob Hill" it's more like "Upper Tenderloin". We've also found some nicer places in the Marina, but they come with a higher price. There are some cheaper places in the Richmond/Sunset district. It would be a farther commute to school, but the cheaper prices and greater availability of parking may be worth it.

MapleLeavesYum

Postby MapleLeavesYum » Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 am

Does anyone else have a document called "Stafford Entrance interview" in their webadvisor? What is that supposed to be?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 am

I turned down a spot on the waitlist yesterday. Hopefully one of you will pick it up. Good luck!

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm

MapleLeavesYum wrote:Does anyone else have a document called "Stafford Entrance interview" in their webadvisor? What is that supposed to be?

Where exactly is it? I'm on the main page and don't see anything like that.

maybesheis

Postby maybesheis » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm

MapleLeavesYum wrote:Does anyone else have a document called "Stafford Entrance interview" in their webadvisor? What is that supposed to be?

It may be there if you need to do the entrance counseling for Stafford Loans.

LizBennet

Postby LizBennet » Tue May 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Regarding Tower housing. . .Does anyone know if the remaining deposit due (the one that we pay within 10 days after the apartment offer) is refundable at all, even partially? I'm just afraid that I'll get accepted off the waitlist at another school and be out almost $2000. I assume the security and cleaning deposit would be refundable.

k77

Postby k77 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:25 pm

LizBennet wrote:Regarding Tower housing. . .Does anyone know if the remaining deposit due (the one that we pay within 10 days after the apartment offer) is refundable at all, even partially? I'm just afraid that I'll get accepted off the waitlist at another school and be out almost $2000. I assume the security and cleaning deposit would be refundable.

I asked about this last week -- it's only refundable if they can find another person to place in your assigned apartment. (As of about a week ago, they still had spots open in the tower, whereas they normally have a waiting list at this point in the year, for the record.) If they CANT find another person to fill the spot, then your security deposit, cleaning fee, and first month's rent will all be eaten up as your "rent" for an apartment that is vacant.

It's freaking me out too...

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm

k77 wrote:I asked about this last week -- it's only refundable if they can find another person to place in your assigned apartment. (As of about a week ago, they still had spots open in the tower, whereas they normally have a waiting list at this point in the year, for the record.) If they CANT find another person to fill the spot, then your security deposit, cleaning fee, and first month's rent will all be eaten up as your "rent" for an apartment that is vacant.

Not sure about this, but I doubt they'd take the cleaning fee and security deposit in this situation. Why would they, if you never moved in? They might take all or part of first month's rent, but if they really can't find a replacement, this wouldn't seen too outrageous. They shouldn't take any, but I guess this is how they try to make sure people are serious.

Also, the openings they have now are for the more expensive units in general, there's a waitlist for efficiencies.

LizBennet

Postby LizBennet » Tue May 25, 2010 5:36 pm

drdolittle wrote:
k77 wrote:I asked about this last week -- it's only refundable if they can find another person to place in your assigned apartment. (As of about a week ago, they still had spots open in the tower, whereas they normally have a waiting list at this point in the year, for the record.) If they CANT find another person to fill the spot, then your security deposit, cleaning fee, and first month's rent will all be eaten up as your "rent" for an apartment that is vacant.

Not sure about this, but I doubt they'd take the cleaning fee and security deposit in this situation. Why would they, if you never moved in? They might take all or part of first month's rent, but if they really can't find a replacement, this wouldn't seen too outrageous. They shouldn't take any, but I guess this is how they try to make sure people are serious.

Also, the openings they have now are for the more expensive units in general, there's a waitlist for efficiencies.

OK, well if you're sure about the waitlist for the efficiency, then I feel much better since that's what I have. The sucking up of the security deposit, cleaning fee, and first month's rent seems pretty screwy to me, considering we wouldn't have even signed a lease until we actually arrived. Lame.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 pm

RadMobile wrote:After speaking with a Hastings graduate, he said one of his only regrets was not living in the city while he went to school.

My wife and I have been looking around Telegraph, Nob Hill, North Beach area. We've found a lot of cheaper places in "Lower Nob Hill" but I think the name is deceiving. It really isn't "Nob Hill" it's more like "Upper Tenderloin". We've also found some nicer places in the Marina, but they come with a higher price. There are some cheaper places in the Richmond/Sunset district. It would be a farther commute to school, but the cheaper prices and greater availability of parking may be worth it.

That's called the "TenderNob." That name makes me LOL.

pamcasso

Postby pamcasso » Fri May 28, 2010 4:06 pm

anyone else think the ca-residency form is overly thorough....seems like overkill to me

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”