UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jameschae
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jameschae » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Wow, and I thought LA was expensive.
Thanks for the information though.
I have one more question if anybody can answer.
If I wanted to work at a decent sized law firm,
would it be better to go to Hastings or Loyola?

pinkhearts
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby pinkhearts » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:in today! what's the word? play dorm for 1L and then go live someplace in the city/east bay? it seems like i will most likely have a decent commute if not next door in the tower, because i hesitate to live alone as a female in the tenderloin.

any experience in the matter?


Did you forget that you got accepted to UCLA?


point well taken. i have not, but as a former cal student there is a part of me that would like to return to the bay area from los angeles. idk what i'm going to do, but there is a part of me that would go to hastings just to be there.

hellogoodbye1
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

in! i was also wondering about whether the tower was a good place to live. i walked by hastings when i was in sf and the area did not look very safe.. altho it was over the holidays so there were no students around, just bums..

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Shellbelle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

jameschae wrote:Wow, and I thought LA was expensive.
Thanks for the information though.
I have one more question if anybody can answer.
If I wanted to work at a decent sized law firm,
would it be better to go to Hastings or Loyola?


I work at in big law downtown - and unless you graduate order of the coif from Loyola you're not even considered for an interview. If you do decently well at Hastings, you'd have a better shot...then again if you're not looking 6 figures big law either might do.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:31 pm

In this afternoon! :D

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

pinkhearts wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:in today! what's the word? play dorm for 1L and then go live someplace in the city/east bay? it seems like i will most likely have a decent commute if not next door in the tower, because i hesitate to live alone as a female in the tenderloin.

any experience in the matter?


Did you forget that you got accepted to UCLA?


point well taken. i have not, but as a former cal student there is a part of me that would like to return to the bay area from los angeles. idk what i'm going to do, but there is a part of me that would go to hastings just to be there.


Makes sense. As someone who has lived in LA almost my entire life, I can easily see why people would want to leave - especially up to the beautiful bay area.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D


Big day for Veritas!

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 pm

jameschae wrote:Wow, and I thought LA was expensive.
Thanks for the information though.
I have one more question if anybody can answer.
If I wanted to work at a decent sized law firm,
would it be better to go to Hastings or Loyola?


I could be wrong, I dont know the bay area all that well, but I'm sure one could find cheaper living in the East bay. Just from what I've heard, it'll probably be cheaper to live close to Loyola/USC/UCLA than it would be to live close to Hastings.

sticknbindle
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sticknbindle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

In via small envelope today! Thought it was a reject or WL at first. Now I have to debate the COL situation... it's so expensive here! (Currently living in East Bay).

jameschae
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jameschae » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Thank you for all your responses. They were really helpful.
Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby General Tso » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D


congrats Veritas

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm

swheat wrote:
Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D


congrats Veritas

thanks swheat!

skyhvm
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby skyhvm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D


Yay Veri!! Congrats!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm

skyhvm wrote:
Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D


Yay Veri!! Congrats!

sky! thank you!!!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Inygma » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D



Congrats man! Now tell Davis to hurry up :lol:

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Any predictions as to when the next wave of decisions will go out? Or do they just send out letters here and there?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:In this afternoon! :D



Congrats man! Now tell Davis to hurry up :lol:

I know, I feel like poking them on facebook or something.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby km23 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moverit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby moverit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Got the acceptance in a small envelope today! I am so excited that I will be able to stay living in SF while attending law school.

Applied: 11/5
Complete: 11/5
Accepted: 1/7
LSAT: 164
GPA: 3.67

Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Inygma » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Seems I missed the first round due to 1 LSAT point... oh well

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Inygma wrote:Seems I missed the first round due to 1 LSAT point... oh well


i missed the first round due to gpa being like .5 off but yea... been complete since late oct...

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Inygma wrote:Seems I missed the first round due to 1 LSAT point... oh well


i missed the first round due to gpa being like .5 off but yea... been complete since late oct...


They're accepting splitters too (latest LSN acceptance 158/3.88)...which worries me. WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 pm

msch0i wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Inygma wrote:Seems I missed the first round due to 1 LSAT point... oh well


i missed the first round due to gpa being like .5 off but yea... been complete since late oct...


They're accepting splitters too (latest LSN acceptance 158/3.88)...which worries me. WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!


reverse splitters are different than normal splitters though. although i saw a 167/3.3 or something. probably not something we did wrong but what they did was better than right...

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Inygma wrote:Seems I missed the first round due to 1 LSAT point... oh well


i missed the first round due to gpa being like .5 off but yea... been complete since late oct...


They're accepting splitters too (latest LSN acceptance 158/3.88)...which worries me. WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!


reverse splitters are different than normal splitters though. although i saw a 167/3.3 or something. probably not something we did wrong but what they did was better than right...


Yeah you're probably right. :| But it looks like Hastings sends out their decisions steadily instead of in waves (at least...they did last year) so hopefully missing the first round doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a long wait.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm

msch0i wrote:Yeah you're probably right. :| But it looks like Hastings sends out their decisions steadily instead of in waves (at least...they did last year) so hopefully missing the first round doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a long wait.


wouldn't it be nice if we can switch some of your gpa for my lsat? :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, Bing [Bot], Pomegranate27, taxman14 and 7 guests