UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oolala

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby oolala » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Ohh you guys all seem to be auto admits.. I sent mine on early November, but nowhere close to you guys' numbers. Just hoping I don't get rejected. I also live a stone throw away from Hastings!! :o

skyhvm

Postby skyhvm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 am

In today!!! Small envelope in the mail. I was totally prepared for bad news only to open and find an acceptance!!!

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 am

oolala wrote:Ohh you guys all seem to be auto admits.. I sent mine on early November, but nowhere close to you guys' numbers. Just hoping I don't get rejected. I also live a stone throw away from Hastings!! :o

Seems like a quite a few of us are from the area. Where are you from oolala? Like calgal17, I'm also from oakland.

It's weird that they sent the acceptance in a small envelope, but it is what it is. Checking LSN it seems like Hastings is only sending out auto admit acceptances, so I wouldn't be worried if you haven't heard yet. Good luck!

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:45 am

OMG, they start sending decisions!!!! Ok, I need to be calm. Even they send me the letter, it will take it half a month to finally see me~

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:40 am

I was so looking forward to being able to judge my acceptances by the size of the envelope. Sigh.
I was disappointed by my undergrad ones... half of them said 'Welcome to the Class of 2009!' right on the envelope. I wanted to know it based on my own commonsense envelope knowledge.

...but at least I don't need to freak out immediately if the envelope is small, now.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Congrats all!

Hopefully those a little further than NorCal will get some good news next week!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

IN today by mail! (boston area). letter dated 1/7

applied 11/16, complete 11/20.

numbers in my profile. fudged tiny bit.

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

skyhvm

Postby skyhvm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 pm

AlanShore wrote:IN today by mail! (boston area). letter dated 1/7

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 pm

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Although, with those numbers, you should be hearing from many others soon :D

I guess this means that if the rest of us don't get a letter today, we missed the first batch of acceptances. Oh well. Here's to hoping and stalking the mailman today.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:24 pm

skyhvm wrote:

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

thanks!!! :D

so.... i really kinda do want to move to san francisco.. but i'm a bit scared about this california filing for bankruptcy thing. hehe minor detail. any opinions anyone? how will this affect things?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:28 pm

AlanShore wrote:
skyhvm wrote:

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

so.... i really kinda do want to move to san francisco.. but i'm a bit scared about this california filing for bankruptcy thing. hehe minor detail. any opinions anyone? how will this affect things?

it probably wont affect day to day business, if it goes down (which it probably wont), there will just be a bunch of state workers protesting and talking heads/paper op eds about how poor people will lose social services.

Someone (UCI Thread?) said previously that the UC law schools are becoming less and less state-subsidized, so if you want to pay COL for San Fran, then definately go

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:29 pm

AlanShore wrote:so.... i really kinda do want to move to san francisco.. but i'm a bit scared about this california filing for bankruptcy thing. hehe minor detail. any opinions anyone? how will this affect things?

First congrats!

Second, don't worry about california. They'll be cutting back funding but other than that California will be back on its feet. The way California's system works is messed up, so they'll be having a vote to change california's constitution. Don't quote me on this, but i think the problems stems from needing over 50% to increase funding/start new projects but needing 2/3 of the votes to scale back and cut it off.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
skyhvm wrote:

i am very happy!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

it probably wont affect day to day business, if it goes down (which it probably wont), there will just be a bunch of state workers protesting and talking heads/paper op eds about how poor people will lose social services.

Someone (UCI Thread?) said previously that the UC law schools are becoming less and less state-subsidized, so if you want to pay COL for San Fran, then definately go

my choices for city are san fran, boston, nyc. boston is cheapest, san fran is 2nd. if i'm willing to go to NYC then i'll be willing to pay the COL of san fran for the weather.

my S/O loves san fran and his dream school is Stanford. he has the stats to get in (although this doesnt mean he will get in. it is stanford after all!) so if he gets in there or Berkeley.. maybe ill see some of you come September!

not too thrilled about the first year of out of state tuition. i hear it is not TOO hard to get in state tuition. can anyone verify this?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 pm

anyone know about how scholarship info is passed out? i didnt get any in my letter. am i out of luck?

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

tag, you're it.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

AlanShore wrote:anyone know about how scholarship info is passed out? i didnt get any in my letter. am i out of luck?

I think UCs are pretty stingy

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

AlanShore wrote:anyone know about how scholarship info is passed out? i didnt get any in my letter. am i out of luck?

I heard from the one person on LSN who received a scholarship so far that he/she received this info through an email about a week after their acceptance letter. There is still hope! I think the most they give is the Dean's Scholarship for 10K a year.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:04 pm

calgal17 wrote:

I heard from the one person on LSN who received a scholarship so far that he/she received this info through an email about a week after their acceptance letter. There is still hope! I think the most they give is the Dean's Scholarship for 10K a year.

whoa. i'd take that!!

anyone know if McAllister Tower is a good place to live?

they have a no pet policy.. i wonder if I can sneak my cat, Saucy in. :)

edit: also, are the prices a reasonable deal? --LinkRemoved--

skyhvm

Postby skyhvm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm

AlanShore wrote:
calgal17 wrote:

whoa. i'd take that!!

anyone know if McAllister Tower is a good place to live?

they have a no pet policy.. i wonder if I can sneak my cat, Saucy in. :)

edit: also, are the prices a reasonable deal? --LinkRemoved--

Pm'ed you. I currently live in SF.

pinkhearts

Postby pinkhearts » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:42 pm

in today! what's the word? play dorm for 1L and then go live someplace in the city/east bay? it seems like i will most likely have a decent commute if not next door in the tower, because i hesitate to live alone as a female in the tenderloin.

any experience in the matter?

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 pm

pinkhearts wrote:in today! what's the word? play dorm for 1L and then go live someplace in the city/east bay? it seems like i will most likely have a decent commute if not next door in the tower, because i hesitate to live alone as a female in the tenderloin.

any experience in the matter?

Did you forget that you got accepted to UCLA?

bconly

Postby bconly » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Got in today! Small envelope. 166/3.5

Not sure whether to take Hastings at sticker or Loyola LA with a fat scholarship.... (all this assuming I dont get into USC)

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm

bconly wrote:Got in today! Small envelope. 166/3.5

Not sure whether to take Hastings at sticker or Loyola LA with a fat scholarship.... (all this assuming I dont get into USC)

Ya, I have a feeling that I'm going to have to make that difficult decision.

jameschae

Postby jameschae » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:19 pm

165/3.7

I've been complete since 12/02

I'm also probably not getting into USC, and i already was dinged from ed at UCLA.
I'm from LA and I was wondering if anybody knows how the cost of living in
San Francisco compares to Los Angeles.
I'm married, so I probably wont live in the tower.
I also have a car, does that help? (I've never been to SF)

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

jameschae wrote:165/3.7

I've been complete since 12/02

I'm also probably not getting into USC, and i already was dinged from ed at UCLA.
I'm from LA and I was wondering if anybody knows how the cost of living in
San Francisco compares to Los Angeles.
I'm married, so I probably wont live in the tower.
I also have a car, does that help? (I've never been to SF)

Sounds like Loyola would be your best bet. SF COL > LA. Additionally, a car would be expensive to have in SF area.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”