UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scgoaliface32 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi everyone, scholarship offer via email today. I was beginning to give up hope as I got the admit email almost a month ago, so hang in there if you're still hoping for money. Anyone planning to go to the April 17 ASD?

squirtle
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby squirtle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Yay, got the scholarship email today, too!

O, and I'm also planning to attend the April 17 ASD..see you there!

User avatar
sophistry
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby sophistry » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

scgoaliface32 wrote:Hi everyone, scholarship offer via email today. I was beginning to give up hope as I got the admit email almost a month ago, so hang in there if you're still hoping for money. Anyone planning to go to the April 17 ASD?


I just got mine as well. It's $10k/year, but only for the first year (and is in addition to need-based grants). Did anyone get a three year scholarship? I'm worried they'll pull me in with some money the first year and then hit me hard in years two and three.

fiftyonefifty
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby fiftyonefifty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm

For those who just received scholarships, have any of you already put down the seat deposit? Wonder if that's a factor for the committee in determining who will receive money?

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Shellbelle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:For those who just received scholarships, have any of you already put down the seat deposit? Wonder if that's a factor for the committee in determining who will receive money?


+1 also curious about this

I'll be there next saturday!

MD/JD2B
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby MD/JD2B » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:31 pm

I hope the seat deposit doesn't influence who gets scholarships...that ain't right. See y'all on Saturday!

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scgoaliface32 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Nope, haven't put down my deposit yet. Also expected it to change my seat deposit deadline from May 1 but unless I totally missed it I didn't see a new date. Mine is renewable but I looked at the 2L and 3L ones... according to the continuing student scholarship app their criteria for a 2L or 3L scholly are:
1. Academic achievement (top 1/3 of the class preferred).
2. Evidence the applicant has overcome hardship.
3. Evidence of volunteer service by the applicant to Hastings.
4. Evidence of volunteer service by the applicant to the community.
Amounts awarded from each scholarship are based on funding availability and may vary from year to
year. Amounts generally range from $1,000 to $6,500. :? Sophistry, I second your concern...

User avatar
drdolittle
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby drdolittle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:48 pm

scgoaliface32 wrote:Also expected it to change my seat deposit deadline from May 1 but unless I totally missed it I didn't see a new date.


I don't think it'll change your deposit date. Why would it?

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scgoaliface32 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Heard from earlier admits that their deadline to accept the scholarship offer was April 1.

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Shellbelle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

curious...what are your stats for those who got a scholarship email?

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scgoaliface32 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 pm

3.4/167

User avatar
drdolittle
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby drdolittle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

scgoaliface32 wrote:Heard from earlier admits that their deadline to accept the scholarship offer was April 1.


Yeah, that was for the earliest round of scholarship recipients who typically got admitted several weeks before then.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm

scgoaliface32 wrote:Nope, haven't put down my deposit yet. Also expected it to change my seat deposit deadline from May 1 but unless I totally missed it I didn't see a new date. Mine is renewable but I looked at the 2L and 3L ones... according to the continuing student scholarship app their criteria for a 2L or 3L scholly are:
1. Academic achievement (top 1/3 of the class preferred).
2. Evidence the applicant has overcome hardship.
3. Evidence of volunteer service by the applicant to Hastings.
4. Evidence of volunteer service by the applicant to the community.
Amounts awarded from each scholarship are based on funding availability and may vary from year to
year. Amounts generally range from $1,000 to $6,500. :? Sophistry, I second your concern...

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. Too bad I already turned in my deposit.

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby scgoaliface32 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Good thing we'll all be making $160K+/year to pay back our loans, right? :P

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jman77 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Got the waitlist e-mail an hour ago. Will probably withdraw.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

scgoaliface32 wrote:Good thing we'll all be making $160K+/year to pay back our loans, right? :P


160k? That's for peasants.

I plan on getting named equity parter at graduation :P

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

jman77 wrote:Got the waitlist e-mail an hour ago. Will probably withdraw.


definitely a YP with your stats. i applied in Oct and still haven't heard anything back yet sigh... waiting for my rejection letter in the mail though...

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby jman77 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jman77 wrote:Got the waitlist e-mail an hour ago. Will probably withdraw.


definitely a YP with your stats. i applied in Oct and still haven't heard anything back yet sigh... waiting for my rejection letter in the mail though...


The most interesting part about their WL communication is that they essentially told me we hope to be able to start pulling from the list as early as May; in the meantime, do not write us nor call us regarding the WL. In fact, do not do anything at all. Hehe.

Oh well, I already have a couple of good acceptances. Would love to have the option of staying in Cali though.

MD/JD2B
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby MD/JD2B » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 pm

For those who are going to the 4/17 ASD, I suggest meeting at Zuni on Van Ness and Market afterwards. Good sodas, beer, wine, liquor; a . great San Francisco place with a large bar area to mingle It's a short walk or one MUNI stop from Hastings. Would be nice to socialize in a non-ASD setting. Besides, you might as well attack Zuni before classes start; could be dangerous for your wallet or your liver afterwards.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 pm

jman77 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jman77 wrote:Got the waitlist e-mail an hour ago. Will probably withdraw.


definitely a YP with your stats. i applied in Oct and still haven't heard anything back yet sigh... waiting for my rejection letter in the mail though...


The most interesting part about their WL communication is that they essentially told me we hope to be able to start pulling from the list as early as May; in the meantime, do not write us nor call us regarding the WL. In fact, do not do anything at all. Hehe.

Oh well, I already have a couple of good acceptances. Would love to have the option of staying in Cali though.


wtf they better not start pulling off the WL without even giving me a decision first.

MD/JD2B
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby MD/JD2B » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:27 pm

1st posting didn't work (OH, it did) ignore this one. Anyway, for those who are attending the 4/17 ASD, I suggest heading to Zuni on Market and Van Ness afterwards. It's a short walk or one stop away by MUNI. Great SF place with an ample bar area to hang out.
After my other ASD experiences, it would be nice to socialize away from the school. Let me know what y'all think.

JR1187
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby JR1187 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:For those who just received scholarships, have any of you already put down the seat deposit? Wonder if that's a factor for the committee in determining who will receive money?

Nah, I haven't put down a seat deposit and I got the 1L 10k.
Shellbelle wrote:curious...what are your stats for those who got a scholarship email?

150s/3.6ish/golden softs. If I got a scholarship, you can.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby beef wellington » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to those still waiting.

gfg12
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby gfg12 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jman77 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jman77 wrote:Got the waitlist e-mail an hour ago. Will probably withdraw.


definitely a YP with your stats. i applied in Oct and still haven't heard anything back yet sigh... waiting for my rejection letter in the mail though...


The most interesting part about their WL communication is that they essentially told me we hope to be able to start pulling from the list as early as May; in the meantime, do not write us nor call us regarding the WL. In fact, do not do anything at all. Hehe.

Oh well, I already have a couple of good acceptances. Would love to have the option of staying in Cali though.


wtf they better not start pulling off the WL without even giving me a decision first.


A-freaking-men.

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby missinglink » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:54 am

Wouldn't be too bad if they started pulling people off the waitlist. 8)


<<-----WLd

In any case, I'd be surprised if they pulled anyone off the WL before May. I would also be surprised if most people hadn't gotten their decisions by the end of April.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Christinabruin, JazzyMac, l3g@l33s3, Majestic-12 [Bot], potatocowpower, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 11 guests