UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fiftyonefifty
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby fiftyonefifty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:34 pm

gobears09 wrote:
meddlingkid wrote:
gobears09 wrote:When is the seat deposit due? On admitted students site it says "by date on letter of acceptance" = not helpful


For me it was May 1 but then when I was offered a scholarship they bumped it up to April 1.



So is it May 1 for all people without scholarship offers? Congrats on a scholarship, was it merit?


yes, called two days ago and the person asked if I received a scholarship. I said no and he said the deadline is May 1st after double checking my file.

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby gobears09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:36 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
So is it May 1 for all people without scholarship offers? Congrats on a scholarship, was it merit?


yes, called two days ago and the person asked if I received a scholarship. I said no and he said the deadline is May 1st after double checking my file.


Thank you. Davis is stupid for making their seat deposit before Hastings last ASD.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist today. When (if?) I get a response, I'll confirm. :D Good luck to all!

phabulosa
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby phabulosa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

On ASD, they mentioned they will send out "financial aid packages" on March 26th, which is today.

Did anyone receive it? By email or by snail mail?

JR1187
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby JR1187 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 pm

phabulosa wrote:On ASD, they mentioned they will send out "financial aid packages" on March 26th, which is today.

Did anyone receive it? By email or by snail mail?


Got a general financial/housing/disability service info packet today, but no hard numbers specific to me. No email either.

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby LizBennet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:43 pm

phabulosa wrote:On ASD, they mentioned they will send out "financial aid packages" on March 26th, which is today.

Did anyone receive it? By email or by snail mail?



I called financial aid today because they hadn't received my need access app, even though I sent it a month ago. I had it re-sent yesterday and they called today saying they got it, and that I would receive my financial aid package on April 9. My situation probably makes it different, though.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:48 pm

i didn't receive any info today. i really hope we're not expected to wait until April 9th. (sorry to hear about that btw, another school lost/didnt get my need access and i know how much it sucks)

fiftyonefifty
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby fiftyonefifty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:53 pm

LizBennet wrote:
phabulosa wrote:On ASD, they mentioned they will send out "financial aid packages" on March 26th, which is today.

Did anyone receive it? By email or by snail mail?



I called financial aid today because they hadn't received my need access app, even though I sent it a month ago. I had it re-sent yesterday and they called today saying they got it, and that I would receive my financial aid package on April 9. My situation probably makes it different, though.



Did they tell you they hadn't received your need access and for you to re-send it? I submitted one when Davis asked but haven't heard a word from them since.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Rejected today.
Complete 1/14
2.75. 169

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby LizBennet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:
LizBennet wrote:
phabulosa wrote:On ASD, they mentioned they will send out "financial aid packages" on March 26th, which is today.

Did anyone receive it? By email or by snail mail?



I called financial aid today because they hadn't received my need access app, even though I sent it a month ago. I had it re-sent yesterday and they called today saying they got it, and that I would receive my financial aid package on April 9. My situation probably makes it different, though.



Did they tell you they hadn't received your need access and for you to re-send it? I submitted one when Davis asked but haven't heard a word from them since.



I got an email Wednesday morning saying my financial aid file was incomplete and the need access app was missing. So, yes, Hastings seems like they tell you, but I don't know about Davis. I called all my schools after that to make sure they got it, just in case they weren't as diligent.

phabulosa
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby phabulosa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:33 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

phabulosa wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.




hmm interesting. if both of us are in the same situation the system is probably backed up or something. hopefully we'll get that email soon!

OlderHopeful
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby OlderHopeful » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Same story here and nothing in the email yet. I'm thinking it's their mail server and we will probably be receiving these emails later this evening. At least, that's what I hope.

phabulosa wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.

phabulosa
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby phabulosa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:46 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:Same story here and nothing in the email yet. I'm thinking it's their mail server and we will probably be receiving these emails later this evening. At least, that's what I hope.

phabulosa wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.


One of their clerk tricked me to do the online survey. She said I will receive the reward letter after finishing the survey.

The survey turns out to be an anonymous one! Damn! How could I be tricked like that!

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:11 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:Same story here and nothing in the email yet. I'm thinking it's their mail server and we will probably be receiving these emails later this evening. At least, that's what I hope.

phabulosa wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.


I sure hope so. They can't make such promises and then not follow through! We need our fin aid info!!

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 pm

calgal17 wrote:
OlderHopeful wrote:Same story here and nothing in the email yet. I'm thinking it's their mail server and we will probably be receiving these emails later this evening. At least, that's what I hope.

phabulosa wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i just called and was told my financial aid information was sent 2 hours ago to my email address. haven't received the email yet...but i'm hoping it maybe just takes a while to arrive?



I did the same thing, Still not seeing anything in my mailbox.


I sure hope so. They can't make such promises and then not follow through! We need our fin aid info!!





no luck so far. maybe they just don't like golden bears?

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

no luck so far. maybe they just don't like golden bears?


nah I didn't get any notice either


I guess they meant mailed by today...

email would've been nice

OlderHopeful
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby OlderHopeful » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Borhas wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

no luck so far. maybe they just don't like golden bears?


nah I didn't get any notice either


I guess they meant mailed by today...

email would've been nice


They actually did say email when I called.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:
Borhas wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

no luck so far. maybe they just don't like golden bears?


nah I didn't get any notice either


I guess they meant mailed by today...

email would've been nice


They actually did say email when I called.



yeah they said email for me too. this is why i hate weekends :) we can't call tomorrow and pester them!

teddy_jai
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby teddy_jai » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 am

just got my electronic award letter. 11pm pst i think? I'm in Japan right now.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby a male human » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 am

Just got my financial aid notice by email.

User avatar
vkw104
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby vkw104 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:07 am

Ditto, got mine too.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 am

same here!

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby ViP » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 am

Same here.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, airwrecka, cyclawps, hamburg, jer0689, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, sonyco, texteach and 34 guests