UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
angela

New

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by angela » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 pm

CTPhIst wrote:Still haven't heard back from them, but my application wasn't complete until early Jan. Anyone else still waiting?
yes, and mine went complete during the same time

Speluncean X

New

Post by Speluncean X » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:00 am

Mine went complete in early November 12th and I still haven't heard anything. I am about ready to give the old "W" if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days on principle alone.

OlderHopeful

New

Post by OlderHopeful » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I also attended the ASD this past Saturday and was equally impressed. Just to add, I don't feel like the area is as scary as many make it out to be. Yes, the school consists of two stand alone buildings in the middle of the city, but you are surrounded by every major court except the US Supreme Court. Sure, if you walk up the block you see some homeless people, but you are smack in the middle of the city and its life – very representative of any major cosmopolitan city. This is not a campus setting, if that is what you are looking for, but it’s time to grow up anyway. Besides, San Francisco is absolutely AMAZING!!! It was really hard to leave the city and I hope to return soon. Overall, I was very impressed with the school, the facilities, the faculty, the students, and the city.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:00 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:I also attended the ASD this past Saturday and was equally impressed. Just to add, I don't feel like the area is as scary as many make it out to be. Yes, the school consists of two stand alone buildings in the middle of the city, but you are surrounded by every major court except the US Supreme Court. Sure, if you walk up the block you see some homeless people, but you are smack in the middle of the city and its life – very representative of any major cosmopolitan city. This is not a campus setting, if that is what you are looking for, but it’s time to grow up anyway. Besides, San Francisco is absolutely AMAZING!!! It was really hard to leave the city and I hope to return soon. Overall, I was very impressed with the school, the facilities, the faculty, the students, and the city.
I've been living about 3 blocks away from the school for a year.

The area, is pretty bad, but not as bad as people make it out to be. It's in the tenderloin, which isn't too sketchy during the day - you'll see homeless people, but it's nothing terrible. At night, it can be a little more scary if you aren't super comfortable around sketchy things or feel like you may be a good candidate for being a victim.

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Can't wait to be back in SF. I'll be living four Muni stops away from Hastings (Civic center stop), 15 minutes away at the most, but in different world --of trees, dogs, and families. It's great that SF is so small and a few miles can make a difference!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:Can't wait to be back in SF. I'll be living four Muni stops away from Hastings (Civic center stop), 15 minutes away at the most, but in different world --of trees, dogs, and families. It's great that SF is so small and a few miles can make a difference!
Sounds nice, what are you paying for that place if you don't mind sharing.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Inygma wrote:
MD/JD2B wrote:Can't wait to be back in SF. I'll be living four Muni stops away from Hastings (Civic center stop), 15 minutes away at the most, but in different world --of trees, dogs, and families. It's great that SF is so small and a few miles can make a difference!
sigh. Think Hastings will ever consider taking me off the waitlist?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:
not until july/august probably... they will test you to see if you really want to go.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:
not until july/august probably... they will test you to see if you really want to go.
I hope that test doesn't include not putting a deposit down at any other schools... cause like hell I'm gonna screw myself over for them, you know?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

sibley wrote: I hope that test doesn't include not putting a deposit down at any other schools... cause like hell I'm gonna screw myself over for them, you know?
i know what you mean. at least they put you on a waitlist. i applied in Oct and still NOTHING. most likely will get rejected but i wish they did it sooner.... sigh

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote: I hope that test doesn't include not putting a deposit down at any other schools... cause like hell I'm gonna screw myself over for them, you know?
i know what you mean. at least they put you on a waitlist. i applied in Oct and still NOTHING. most likely will get rejected but i wish they did it sooner.... sigh
Yeah that just seems cruel. :(

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

finalaspects wrote:
It's because they know Davis is going to accept you!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Inygma wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
already waitlisted... so i guess we'll see :|

at least davis waitlisted me fairly early though for their standard... but hastings is just going too extreme

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Inygma wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
already waitlisted... so i guess we'll see :|

at least davis waitlisted me fairly early though for their standard... but hastings is just going too extreme
hastings YPd like nuts. I got waitlisted at UCLA AND hastings. My only in between option on that coast that I applied to is USC.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:46 pm

sibley wrote: hastings YPd like nuts. I got waitlisted at UCLA AND hastings. My only in between option on that coast that I applied to is USC.
from seeing other people with my stats get rejected from hastings... i think i know what to expect. esp since they took this long to even review my file, and april is when they send out mass rejections...

but at least you have USC which is a great school. usc has held my app since oct as well... ironic...

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Can't wait to be back in SF. I'll be living four Muni stops away from Hastings (Civic center stop), 15 minutes away at the most, but in different world --of trees, dogs, and families. It's great that SF is so small and a few miles can make a difference![/quote]

Sounds nice, what are you paying for that place if you don't mind sharing.[/quote]

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 pm

sibley wrote:
I hope that test doesn't include not putting a deposit down at any other schools... cause like hell I'm gonna screw myself over for them, you know?
I am pretty sure many of the people who made it in off the WL last year had deposited at other places.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:15 pm

swheat wrote:
sibley wrote:
I am pretty sure many of the people who made it in off the WL last year had deposited at other places.
It's the cost of doing business. The harder part is that they might pull you off the WL come August, not leaving you a lot of time to situate yourself in SF and get out of any commitments you may have made in terms of housing someplace else.

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm

sibley wrote: hastings YPd like nuts. I got waitlisted at UCLA AND hastings. My only in between option on that coast that I applied to is USC.
Sibley you got into USC?!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:35 pm

gobears09 wrote:
Sibley you got into USC?!
I don't see how you could consider Hastings over USC if the costs are roughly the same.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:56 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA WL'ed at 2:53 pm PST!!!! :lol:

I'm so screwed. Anyone got any advice on how to increase my chances of moving my arse into the admitted students pool numbers notwithstanding?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

zeth006 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA WL'ed at 2:53 pm PST!!!! :lol:

I'm so screwed. Anyone got any advice on how to increase my chances of moving my arse into the admitted students pool numbers notwithstanding?
waitlist is by emails?

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Waitlisted. No surprise. Doesn't hurt as bad as expected...probably because today already sucks!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm

finalaspects wrote:

waitlist is by emails?

Yeah, they just sent me an e-mail literally 6 minutes ago with the heart-wrenching news! :cry:

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm

zeth006 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

waitlist is by emails?

Yeah, they just sent me an e-mail literally 6 minutes ago with the heart-wrenching news! :cry:
mind sharing your stats?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”