UC Hastings 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby msch0i » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Neil wrote:Rejection via small envelope in mail today. Numbers in profile, complete 12/1 (though my LSN says otherwise, because it never updates the way I tell it to the first time for some reason...).


Sorry to hear about that. Good luck with the rest of your cycle! :D

User avatar
Great Satchmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Neil wrote:Rejection via small envelope in mail today. Numbers in profile, complete 12/1 (though my LSN says otherwise, because it never updates the way I tell it to the first time for some reason...).


Sorry for the ding.

However, congrats on the UMN acceptance and scholly - not too shabby at all.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Neil » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 pm

:) Thanks guys. I knew my numbers weren't very Hastings-friendly and I've pretty much come to the conclusion I won't pay full ride anyways, so Hastings was a long shot. I was more sticking it out with the "stranger things have happened..." mentality. It's kinda nice to be narrowing my list down, to be honest.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Neil wrote::) Thanks guys. I knew my numbers weren't very Hastings-friendly and I've pretty much come to the conclusion I won't pay full ride anyways, so Hastings was a long shot. I was more sticking it out with the "stranger things have happened..." mentality. It's kinda nice to be narrowing my list down, to be honest.


have fun at Illinois :mrgreen:

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Neil wrote::) Thanks guys. I knew my numbers weren't very Hastings-friendly and I've pretty much come to the conclusion I won't pay full ride anyways, so Hastings was a long shot. I was more sticking it out with the "stranger things have happened..." mentality. It's kinda nice to be narrowing my list down, to be honest.


my stats pretty much mirrors yours. when did you apply? i guess i should be definitely expecting a rejection...

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 pm

3.0 appears to be the cut off... slightly above that you have a much better shot

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Borhas wrote:3.0 appears to be the cut off... slightly above that you have a much better shot


appears so. sigh they kept me waiting since oct just to reject me... how messed up..

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Neil » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Neil wrote::) Thanks guys. I knew my numbers weren't very Hastings-friendly and I've pretty much come to the conclusion I won't pay full ride anyways, so Hastings was a long shot. I was more sticking it out with the "stranger things have happened..." mentality. It's kinda nice to be narrowing my list down, to be honest.


my stats pretty much mirrors yours. when did you apply? i guess i should be definitely expecting a rejection...


Sent it in 11/30 (at night), got my app received and complete e-mail from Hastings 12/1.

Good luck, man... maybe you'll have a better shot if you're a resident?

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Borhas wrote:3.0 appears to be the cut off... slightly above that you have a much better shot


appears so. sigh they kept me waiting since oct just to reject me... how messed up..


I'm pulling for you final! You deserve some good news! :)

BearTerritory
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby BearTerritory » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm

has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet??? and does anyone know if hastings matches higher ranked schools offers

elmeromero
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:00 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby elmeromero » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 pm

BearTerritory wrote:has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet??? and does anyone know if hastings matches higher ranked schools offers


Some of us have been offered scholarships of various amounts. I got a 1-year $10k award.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm

calgal17 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Borhas wrote:3.0 appears to be the cut off... slightly above that you have a much better shot


appears so. sigh they kept me waiting since oct just to reject me... how messed up..


I'm pulling for you final! You deserve some good news! :)


thanks... but honestly its not looking too great... i'll keep my hope up until the end but hastings will most likely reject me. :cry:

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

BearTerritory wrote:has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet??? and does anyone know if hastings matches higher ranked schools offers



some people have heard (not me though, sadly). as to matching higher offers, i really doubt it. i sent them a letter explaining my 1/2 tuition and higher scholarships to 3 top 20/25 schools, and how even some money to Hastings would make my enrollment at Hastings very likely (since it's my top choice). Never received a response. :(


ps: go bears

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:02 pm

We have a lot of bears in this thread! :D

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

calgal17 wrote:We have a lot of bears in this thread! :D




we certainly do! Class of 2009 here!

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Well these recent additions to this thread have shattered any remaining hopes I had.

2.75 / 169

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Well these recent additions to this thread have shattered any remaining hopes I had.

2.75 / 169


i feel you. when did you apply?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 pm

I went complete 1/14. I thought I might have a chance bc I have a valid medical gpa addendum and I wrote a risky but potentially convincing PS. I'm beginning to believe its all numbers though. Good luck to you

Cale39
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Cale39 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:36 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
calgal17 wrote:We have a lot of bears in this thread! :D




we certainly do! Class of 2009 here!


Class of 09 here as well.

User avatar
adora
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby adora » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Rejected today...3.15/164.

Not too torn up about it; I'm off to Colorado :)

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby missinglink » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Sorry to all the recent dings.

It's been a while since anyone was accepted.

I'd like to think they maybe have one more wave of acceptances to go, but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby calgal17 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:15 pm

I went to the Hastings ASD yesterday. It was great! They did a wonderful job of selling themselves. Couple of things that I took away that might be of interest:

*They are reducing the class size to 390 from 460. This, in addition to the increased applications, have created a very competitive year.
*They are one of the only schools that lets you pick an elective your second semester
*There are opportunities to do pro bono work from the beginning
*Moot Court is ranked #2 in the country
*Great public interest program (from a student participating in it)

Anyway, just thought I'd offer those tidbits. If anyone else has any questions about Hastings who hasn't gotten to visit yet, let me know.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Borhas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 pm

calgal17 wrote:I went to the Hastings ASD yesterday. It was great! They did a wonderful job of selling themselves. Couple of things that I took away that might be of interest:

*They are reducing the class size to 390 from 460. This, in addition to the increased applications, have created a very competitive year.
*They are one of the only schools that lets you pick an elective your second semester
*There are opportunities to do pro bono work from the beginning
*Moot Court is ranked #2 in the country
*Great public interest program (from a student participating in it)

Anyway, just thought I'd offer those tidbits. If anyone else has any questions about Hastings who hasn't gotten to visit yet, let me know.


fantastic! I'm very happy to hear they are reducing class size... the huge class size was the biggest draw back for me. Did they go into any detail about what pro-bono work from the beginning means?

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby missinglink » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:33 pm

calgal17 wrote:I went to the Hastings ASD yesterday. It was great! They did a wonderful job of selling themselves. Couple of things that I took away that might be of interest:

*They are reducing the class size to 390 from 460. This, in addition to the increased applications, have created a very competitive year.
*They are one of the only schools that lets you pick an elective your second semester
*There are opportunities to do pro bono work from the beginning
*Moot Court is ranked #2 in the country
*Great public interest program (from a student participating in it)

Anyway, just thought I'd offer those tidbits. If anyone else has any questions about Hastings who hasn't gotten to visit yet, let me know.


fml.

There hasn't been an acceptance according to LSN since the 12th. Can't say I remain too hopeful at this point.

I don't suppose they said if they were done w/ acceptances?

Also, they talk about how their students are faring in the job market these days?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Postby Foosters Galore » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:11 pm

So if I don't get my rejection in the mail on monday (I'm in socal) then maybe I have a chance. 2.75. 169, so not a great shot but I have unique softs and a ps probably unlike any other, for better or worse I'm not yet sure. Anyway, avoided the recent mass WL, and if I wasn't included on this recent ding mailing then I can assume I might be hearing good news?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], Cfitz, Daaltaraan, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], lawschool55, Long shot hero, mav1993, pantsuitchic, trueblue92 and 15 guests