UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Gold

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:41 pm

socalren wrote:
Yeah, I think I'll shoot a call over. I'm pretty over Hastings as of now; I'll take my USD acceptance over it.
yea tell us what hastings says. hopefully its not because they lost our apps...

socalren

New

Post by socalren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 pm

finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:
Yeah, I think I'll shoot a call over. I'm pretty over Hastings as of now; I'll take my USD acceptance over it.
They said alot of people from October havn't heard back yet and that I could email for an official status on my application if I sent my info and LSAC#. I might do that when I get home from work. I'll report back then.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm

socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:
They said alot of people from October havn't heard back yet and that I could email for an official status on my application if I sent my info and LSAC#. I might do that when I get home from work. I'll report back then.
:shock: Interesting. Maybe I'll do that in early march since I'm complete early nov..

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:05 pm

msch0i wrote:
socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:
:shock: Interesting. Maybe I'll do that in early march since I'm complete early nov..
yea seems like waiting for 4+ months is enough time to ask about your status.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 pm

finalaspects, would you withdraw if WLed?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm

So an admissions coordinator told me that I am "welcome to pass on any offers from other schools; however scholarship offers are based upon individual merit." Is this BS or should I still bust out all my other offers? I did apply to all these out-of-state schools so I could negotiate.
Last edited by a male human on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

msch0i wrote:finalaspects, would you withdraw if WLed?
depends... if i get accepted to another school or not...

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:finalaspects, would you withdraw if WLed?
depends... if i get accepted to another school or not...
how many left to hear back from?

and does anyone know how Hastings' WL works? (ranked, unranked, publicized as unranked when it really is ranked :lol: )

millieb

New

Post by millieb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Did anyone talk with them at the law school forum yesterday? They said apps were up a lot etc. I've been waiting since early November and reeeaalllly want in!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sean1269

New

Post by Sean1269 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Borhas wrote:
Sean1269 wrote:In with a 3.46 (quantitative economics) from UC school, 166 LSAT, good luck to all
go you!

think you will enroll?
I don't know yet....same boat as the others, no financial aid info yet, hoepfully they give some kind of grant cause living in the bay area is expensive!!! Still waiting on a few other schools (BC, BU, UCLA, USC)...dont anticipate any of those so I'll probably be at hastings or pepperdine..anyone know about their financial aid policy? give liberal grants?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:i visited recently and have a couple things to pass along if you guys are interested:

I talked with admissions, and they said applications at Hastings are down this year by about 500 apps so far (although last year was a record). Also, they said a few scholarships have gone out so far, but not many (LSN would support this, I guess). More should go out in the next couple weeks. If you guys are in the area stop by and talk with the admissions folks, they're really friendly. Good luck to those of you still waiting!
millieb wrote:Did anyone talk with them at the law school forum yesterday? They said apps were up a lot etc. I've been waiting since early November and reeeaalllly want in!!!
Hmm, up or down.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:29 pm

msch0i wrote: how many left to hear back from?

and does anyone know how Hastings' WL works? (ranked, unranked, publicized as unranked when it really is ranked :lol: )
They create pools of WLees and send out an interest email to everyone in that pool. They find out who is still interested in Hastings and who has moved on to another place. If they have 10 openings, they choose 10 from that pool based on their response to the email and everything in their file. Then, 2 weeks later they have 10 more openings, so they build another pool and repeat the process.

I cannot remember from last year whether getting axed from one pool means that you are out altogether. It seems like I remember a few people from last year getting multiple continuing interest emails.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

swheat wrote:
msch0i wrote: how many left to hear back from?

They create pools of WLees and send out an interest email to everyone in that pool. They find out who is still interested in Hastings and who has moved on to another place. If they have 10 openings, they choose 10 from that pool based on their response to the email and everything in their file. Then, 2 weeks later they have 10 more openings, so they build another pool and repeat the process.

I cannot remember from last year whether getting axed from one pool means that you are out altogether. It seems like I remember a few people from last year getting multiple continuing interest emails.
What an interesting way to do it. I guess that eliminates the need to make offers to WLers only to hear back that they aren't interested anymore. Thanks for the info!

edit: seems a lot like a game show more than a law school admission process :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hhg

Bronze

Post by hhg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

got the response that my withdrawal went into the system today. applied 1 nov, accepted 11 jan. still hadn't heard any scholly info. gl to everybody still waiting!!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 pm

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

a male human wrote:So an admissions coordinator told me that I am "welcome to pass on any offers from other schools; however scholarship offers are based upon individual merit." Is this BS or should I still bust out all my other offers? I did apply to all these out-of-state schools so I could negotiate.
Any tips on this? Thanks.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:20 pm

a male human wrote:
a male human wrote:So an admissions coordinator told me that I am "welcome to pass on any offers from other schools; however scholarship offers are based upon individual merit." Is this BS or should I still bust out all my other offers? I did apply to all these out-of-state schools so I could negotiate.
I don't see any significant downside
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Borhas wrote: I don't see any significant downside
Borhas, I saw your post in the UCLA thread, are you going to Hastings for sure now?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 pm

gobears09 wrote:
Borhas wrote: I don't see any significant downside
Borhas, I saw your post in the UCLA thread, are you going to Hastings for sure now?
yup

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Borhas wrote:
a male human wrote:
Haha, do you see any small downsides?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

a male human wrote:
Borhas wrote:
a male human wrote:
Haha, do you see any small downsides?
only your time

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 am

missinglink wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:i visited recently and have a couple things to pass along if you guys are interested:

I talked with admissions, and they said applications at Hastings are down this year by about 500 apps so far (although last year was a record). Also, they said a few scholarships have gone out so far, but not many (LSN would support this, I guess). More should go out in the next couple weeks. If you guys are in the area stop by and talk with the admissions folks, they're really friendly. Good luck to those of you still waiting!
millieb wrote:Did anyone talk with them at the law school forum yesterday? They said apps were up a lot etc. I've been waiting since early November and reeeaalllly want in!!!
Hmm, up or down.

yeah, who knows. My source was Christian in admissions, who seemed like one of the head admissions guys. I asked how much applications were up this year, and he said, "well actually, applications are down by about 500 compared to this time last year." He said this was pretty comparable to an average year. Last year was by far a record (he said they received 6150 apps), so it's not like Hastings is hurting for apps this year. Maybe apps are down a lot compared to last year, but still up a bit compared to normal years? That's probably it. hope that helps

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 am

lateforthesky16 wrote: yeah, who knows. My source was Christian in admissions, who seemed like one of the head admissions guys. I asked how much applications were up this year, and he said, "well actually, applications are down by about 500 compared to this time last year." He said this was pretty comparable to an average year. Last year was by far a record (he said they received 6150 apps), so it's not like Hastings is hurting for apps this year. Maybe apps are down a lot compared to last year, but still up a bit compared to normal years? That's probably it. hope that helps
compare that with Davis which got a 21.6% increase in apps compared to last year... total of about 4,036 applications. still less then hastings i guess

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Did anyone get grievously injured that train crash? I just heard about it and it makes me sad. But something's up with San Fran lately. First the sea lions disappear, then Hastings WLs me, now this.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 am

Can anyone tell me about the PICAP? The policy says it's not guaranteed, which worries me, especially with UC's budget problems. Have they ever come up short?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”