UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MD/JD2B

Bronze

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by MD/JD2B » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 am

Re PPD:
status can refer to:
1) if you ever had active TB
2) had a positive skin test or suspicious x-ray finding in the past (some people include clinical symptoms such as hemoptysis in that evaluation)
3) have received a BCG vaccine against TB (very rare if you grew up in the US, in which case you may have a positive skin test.

A result refers to a ppd skin test result read as positive or negative based on the size of the induration of skin at the testing site.

Hastings 0L MD, free of charge

sflaw

New

Post by sflaw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Anyone know where to get a cheap physical exam in SF?

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

sflaw wrote:Anyone know where to get a cheap physical exam in SF?
Polk and Geary.

sflaw

New

Post by sflaw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:29 pm

seriously

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Maybe MD/JD2B could help...not sure how cheap he'd be though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 pm

If your question about a physical exam is a serious one, call your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, call Hastings health service. Most insurance companies entitle you to a complete physical a year and would pay for routine blood work as well.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:If your question about a physical exam is a serious one, call your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, call Hastings health service. Most insurance companies entitle you to a complete physical a year and would pay for routine blood work as well.
I think I remember that PPD skin test results have a window for interpretation, i.e. they have to be read something like 2-3 days after the injection. Does this mean that getting the physical done on a Wed or Thurs would not work well since then this window would fall on the weekend?

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Post by MD/JD2B » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 pm

PPD test interpretation:

This should be done 48-72 hours after it is applied to you. Any health care professional (not necessary your doc) should be able to read it and sign your form. Positive results are determined by the presence of a 10mm area of induration at the application site (usually the forearm). Redness is not a sign of positivity; a smaller area of induration (or firmness) may be present in people who are immunocompromised or have autoimmune diseases. Sorry, that's more than you wanted to know!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:28 pm

MD/JD2B wrote:If your question about a physical exam is a serious one, call your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, call Hastings health service. Most insurance companies entitle you to a complete physical a year and would pay for routine blood work as well.
not mine! i got a bill for $250 for my stupid blood test. they said this wasnt covered in the annual wellness exam.

I asked the nurse at the Hastings clinic (which is great by the way) how much that same blood test costs them, because they use the same laboratory. $16. :evil:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:59 pm

stupid email account won't let me log in
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Any waitlisters just get an email??

EDIT: Says, "We plan to make a second round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead." Asks whether still interested, etc.

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm

ozarkhack wrote:Any waitlisters just get an email??

EDIT: Says, "We plan to make a second round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead." Asks whether still interested, etc.
Just got the email, too.

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 pm

yes

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:07 pm

J Burrito wrote:

Just got the email, too.
Same.

cice729

New

Post by cice729 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:22 pm

zeth006 wrote:
J Burrito wrote:

Just got the email, too.
Same.
YES!!

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm

If I recall, last time it was high-LSATers. (Unless I'm getting my WLs mixed up.) Was that right?

What have we this time around?

I assume it's GPA-based. My GPA is 75th% (vs. LSAT at/below 25th). Other than that and my geographic representation, to the extent they care about that, I doubt I bring much to the table.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

ozarkhack wrote:If I recall, last time it was high-LSATers. (Unless I'm getting my WLs mixed up.) Was that right?

What have we this time around?

I assume it's GPA-based. My GPA is 75th% (vs. LSAT at/below 25th). Other than that and my geographic representation, to the extent they care about that, I doubt I bring much to the table.
Interesting hypothesis...
I am a reverse splitter 163/3.81, and I just got the email today too! They sent me the email last time too (4 weeks ago now). I expressed my continued interest, but heard nothing back. Now, I can't decide whether I was on the short list, but they nonetheless passed on me, OR that the process for offers simply took 4 weeks instead of 4 days, and now they're checking back b/c they assume I may have lost interest and moved on.

Let's see what happens!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 pm

In off the waitlist!!!

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm

cLams wrote:In off the waitlist!!!
Congrats.

Gonna go? They give you any time to think about it? Saw you applied to Davis. What's your status there?

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
Congrats.

Gonna go? They give you any time to think about it? Saw you applied to Davis. What's your status there?
Thanks!!! Nope, I've only got til Thursday. I'd really love to go, but I'm having major sticker shock. (Right now I'm in at a peer school for 1/3 of the cost). Still nothing from Davis...I have a feeling it will be a while.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:12 pm

cLams wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:
Congrats.

Thanks!!! Nope, I've only got til Thursday. I'd really love to go, but I'm having major sticker shock. (Right now I'm in at a peer school for 1/3 of the cost). Still nothing from Davis...I have a feeling it will be a while.
So, you're not accepting Hastings offer? A third of the cost?! Wow. That's amazing. Question: did they send you another email today? I remember you and I both got the email in like mid-May, and they didn't get back to us...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:56 pm

cLams wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:
Congrats.

Arizona and ASU are not peer schools to Hastings....that's like saying Mason and Hastings are peer schools.

lawschoolwannabe1

New

Post by lawschoolwannabe1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Arizona and ASU are not peer schools to Hastings....that's like saying Mason and Hastings are peer schools.
According to Law-School Rankings - Arizona State is ranked 38 and Hastings is 42, University of Arizona (Rogers) is ranked 42.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

PS - I also got the email today.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:21 pm

lawschoolwannabe1 wrote:

According to Law-School Rankings - Arizona State is ranked 38 and Hastings is 42, University of Arizona (Rogers) is ranked 42.

Ouch.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 am

lawschoolwannabe1 wrote:

So if one wants to work in the bay area, Mason or American or CU Boulder should do just as fine because they are "peer schools" to Hastings according to USNWR? Arizona schools are great for AZ, but place very few graduates in CA, so I don't see how you can consider them "peer schools" to Hastings.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”