UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
flyingpanda

Silver

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm

msch0i wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:Ding today... would have withdrawn anyways, but low GPA people beware!
:shock:. YP, perhaps? If not, I think hastings needs to rethink their admissions criteria. But UVA? Congrats on that!
It's not yield protect, or I probably would have gotten waitlisted. No worries though, since I'm already starting the process of withdrawing from all the other schools I applied to. Just giving you guys a heads up since the UCs are so slow on decisions.

Letter was mailed on Wed and I got it today.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:
msch0i wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:Ding today... would have withdrawn anyways, but low GPA people beware!
:shock:. YP, perhaps? If not, I think hastings needs to rethink their admissions criteria. But UVA? Congrats on that!
It's not yield protect, or I probably would have gotten waitlisted. No worries though, since I'm already starting the process of withdrawing from all the other schools I applied to. Just giving you guys a heads up since the UCs are so slow on decisions.

i guess i should prepare myself for the letter waiting at home... i have a lower lsat and only .1 gpa better...

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:
msch0i wrote:

i guess i should prepare myself for the letter waiting at home... i have a lower lsat and only .1 gpa better...
It's not over until it's over! Hastings does accept people with low gpas, there's always some red, yellow, and green mixed up at our GPA range according to LSN, and you can always go to Davis :)

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Denied today. Agree with above. Low GPA = bad. Applied LEOP by the way so it seems as though they have gotten to those applicants. Good luck to everyone.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

valley splitter wrote:Denied today. Agree with above. Low GPA = bad. Applied LEOP by the way so it seems as though they have gotten to those applicants. Good luck to everyone.

What were your numbers, if i may ask? If you don't want to post, u can always PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:23 pm

163/2.6 (degree GPA is 3.23 with a 3.515 in my major and I mentioned that but I guess it didn't matter). I don't really mind I was having my doubts about Hastings with the state of the UC system. I guess I just had way too much fun at the beginning of college. Oh well. Still in at other comparable schools with money.

Edit: Submitted 10/31, went complete 11/12, decision mailed 1/28, received 1/29 (in the Bay Area).
Last edited by valley splitter on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StyrofoamWar

Bronze

Post by StyrofoamWar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

msch0i wrote:
xj5 wrote:Just got my acceptance in the mail!!

complete 1/4/10
Congrats! Though this worries me...I've been complete since 11/5.
been complete since before halloween. Ugh.

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Veritas wrote:got a nice packet from the Academic Dean. Hastings is refreshingly professional, I kind of like them. :oops:
Yay I finally got it too. I did appreciate it. It's to be shown some love after a crappy week. :D

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

calgal17 wrote:
Veritas wrote:got a nice packet from the Academic Dean. Hastings is refreshingly professional, I kind of like them. :oops:
Yay I finally got it too. I did appreciate it. It's to be shown some love after a crappy week. :D
you guys are lucky. i have been shown no love from any school what so ever. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
you guys are lucky. i have been shown no love from any school what so ever. :cry:
I looked at your LSN. Ouch, I'm sorry. I think this cycle is so unpredictable. Is that all of the schools you applied to? Did you apply to Hastings?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

calgal17 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
I looked at your LSN. Ouch, I'm sorry. I think this cycle is so unpredictable. Is that all of the schools you applied to? Did you apply to Hastings?
yes hastings and a few more schools. only showing the ones that made their decisions... not many left...

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 pm

yes hastings and a few more schools. only showing the ones that made their decisions... not many left...[/quote]

Good luck!!

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Is anyone going to an Admitted Student Day? I think I'm going to hit up the one on March 20.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 pm

calgal17 wrote:Is anyone going to an Admitted Student Day? I think I'm going to hit up the one on March 20.

I think I'll try to attend the March 20th one. Go Bears btw. I <3 Oski!

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
I feel for you brother, keep your chin up and keep sending those apps out
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 pm

finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
yes hastings and a few more schools. only showing the ones that made their decisions... not many left...

Do you think it's your GPA? Maybe one of your LORs isn't so hot? Or your PS or something?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Man, I excitedly opened a letter envelope from Hastings hoping for some scholarship info but no cigar. I did get a thick envelope from UConn, though :] And another huge pamphlet thing from Cardozo...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Do you think it's your GPA? Maybe one of your LORs isn't so hot? Or your PS or something?
its my GPA. my lsat isn't high enough to bring me over the hump. need 170 or higher for that. and CA loves GPA, and i want to stay in CA.

no rejection letter today though... i'll be worried about tomorrow though in case the mail got delayed...
Last edited by finalaspects on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
calgal17 wrote:

its my GPA. my lsat isn't high enough to bring me over the hump. need 170 or higher for that. and CA loves GPA, and i want to stay in CA.
poo. Good luck, anyway =) I'm sure you'll get plenty of good offers, despite.

andi20

New

Post by andi20 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Where on the Admitted students website or UC Hastings website can i find a list of Admitted Student Days?

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 pm

I think I'm planning on going to the March 20th one too!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Dropped by yesterday randomly because I walked by
that school surprised me
didn't think I could ever do a city school
definitely rethinking because I thought it was great
people were super friendly

hoodence

New

Post by hoodence » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 pm

As I read from the packet Hastings sent, "Every applicant is considered for a number of scholarship awards at the time of admission; no additional application is necessary. Students are individually notified by the Office of Admissions if they have been selected. First-round awards are made with admissions decisions; a second round of awards will be made in late spring."

So am I correct in interpreting from this that first-round awards were sent along with some admissions decisions, presumably the auto-admits? If so, has anyone received a scholarship yet because LSN doesn't have anyone with $?

Or are first-round awards given out later even though they've already decided who will get them, vis-a-vis admissions decisions?

Thanks.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm

hoodence wrote:As I read from the packet Hastings sent, "Every applicant is considered for a number of scholarship awards at the time of admission; no additional application is necessary. Students are individually notified by the Office of Admissions if they have been selected. First-round awards are made with admissions decisions; a second round of awards will be made in late spring."

So am I correct in interpreting from this that first-round awards were sent along with some admissions decisions, presumably the auto-admits? If so, has anyone received a scholarship yet because LSN doesn't have anyone with $?

Or are first-round awards given out later even though they've already decided who will get them, vis-a-vis admissions decisions?

Thanks.
there is at least one person on LSN who received a scholarship with their admission letter. im guessing a few early auto-accepts have as well but they have not listed it.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Count me in for the March 20 ASD! I'll be spending that entire week in my favorite state, both Southern and Northern.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”