UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msch0i

Silver

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by msch0i » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:21 pm

sibley wrote:
scottwisconsin wrote:In.
3.3 166
GRRRRRRRRRR
...how about a congrats for the person who got in?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:22 pm

3.3 166
congrats, scott[wisconsin]!
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

3.3 166
Congrats! When did you go complete, if you don't mind me asking?

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Borhas wrote:
3.3 166
Whoo hoo! Congrats! :)

scottwisconsin

New

Post by scottwisconsin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:54 pm

cLams wrote:
Borhas wrote:
3.3 166

thanks everybody!
im not sure when i went complete, but i got a small envelope in the mail last night. i sent in my application on december 21st. hastings seems to be all over the place on who they accept. i almost feel guilty about this based on some of the other numbers i see in this thread getting the waitlist.

im in undergrad right now. i had some pretty good softs, and my ps talked about taking passions and acting on them - i went to dc to lobby congress on climate change issues. it might just have tickled the admissions department's fancy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

scottwisconsin wrote:
cLams wrote:
Borhas wrote:
3.3 166

thanks everybody!
im not sure when i went complete, but i got a small envelope in the mail last night. i sent in my application on december 21st. hastings seems to be all over the place on who they accept. i almost feel guilty about this based on some of the other numbers i see in this thread getting the waitlist.

im in undergrad right now. i had some pretty good softs, and my ps talked about taking passions and acting on them - i went to dc to lobby congress on climate change issues. it might just have tickled the admissions department's fancy.
Don't feel guilty, you deserve it! Is Hastings a top choice for you?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm

msch0i wrote:
sibley wrote:
3.3 166
GRRRRRRRRRR
...how about a congrats for the person who got in?
Go ahead. I can be as annoyed as I want to be, they've got everyone else to congratulate them.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

sibley wrote: Go ahead. I can be as annoyed as I want to be, they've got everyone else to congratulate them.
you're waitlisted right? going to be a long wait.... i would rather get rejected than waitlisted actually... although i might regret saying that

[1L]Hopeful

New

Post by [1L]Hopeful » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Been complete since early Jan. Nearing 2 months mark now. My friend with worse stats got in already with a small scholarship. Congrats to my friend but I'm :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote: Go ahead. I can be as annoyed as I want to be, they've got everyone else to congratulate them.
you're waitlisted right? going to be a long wait.... i would rather get rejected than waitlisted actually... although i might regret saying that
Yep. Complete early Jan/submitted late December. Waitlisted with a 170/3.34(3.4 if they accepted my mono/peritonssilar abscess addendum... that semester was hell... 3 calc midterms while my airway was the size of a nickel). Also have 3 years pt work in ug with immigration law, which is the field I want to go into. 1 year post-grad work experience at Kodak. Met with an admissions rep who visited my school and emailed her a few times after that. CCd her in my LOCI. I really liked her and I think she'd vouch for me.

I'll give up on them if I don't hear from them by the time seat deposits are due, but I'm not entirely sure why they assume everyone just wants the best school they can get into. I want the demography of SF for my career, the weather for my health, and... well, I'm planning on going to a lesser-ranked school because I don't want to pay full tuition.

But I live on the East Coast. I can't wait until August for them... I have to plan a whole heck of a lot to move that far.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 pm

for those of you that are into the facebook thing

class of 2013
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=237426086950
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StyrofoamWar

Bronze

Post by StyrofoamWar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Yep. Complete early Jan/submitted late December. Waitlisted with a 170/3.34(3.4 if they accepted my mono/peritonssilar abscess addendum... that semester was hell... 3 calc midterms while my airway was the size of a nickel). Also have 3 years pt work in ug with immigration law, which is the field I want to go into. 1 year post-grad work experience at Kodak. Met with an admissions rep who visited my school and emailed her a few times after that. CCd her in my LOCI. I really liked her and I think she'd vouch for me.

I'll give up on them if I don't hear from them by the time seat deposits are due, but I'm not entirely sure why they assume everyone just wants the best school they can get into. I want the demography of SF for my career, the weather for my health, and... well, I'm planning on going to a lesser-ranked school because I don't want to pay full tuition.

But I live on the East Coast. I can't wait until August for them... I have to plan a whole heck of a lot to move that far.
Sibley my friend, I join you in your annoyance...nay, your outrage! Hastings makes no sense this cycle. Go right ahead and be as mad as you want...if anyone needs to get a "congrats" on TLS to feel good about an acceptance, then they are missing the whole point.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 pm

rejected. 3.84, 162-164

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:rejected. 3.84, 162-164
:shock: !!?!!??!!?

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 pm

J Burrito wrote:
I dunno. My mom read me the rejection letter over the phone. But she tends to joke around a lot. I'm going home tomorrow to see for myself. Went to a top undergrad, but graduated 2 years early. That might have killed me.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote: Sibley my friend, I join you in your annoyance...nay, your outrage! Hastings makes no sense this cycle. Go right ahead and be as mad as you want...if anyone needs to get a "congrats" on TLS to feel good about an acceptance, then they are missing the whole point.
=)

PunjabiLower wrote:
J Burrito wrote:
I dunno. My mom read me the rejection letter over the phone. But she tends to joke around a lot. I'm going home tomorrow to see for myself. Went to a top undergrad, but graduated 2 years early. That might have killed me.
I don't know your mom but I think very few parents would joke about something like that =/
As StyrofoamWar said, Hastings makes no sense this cycle. Now come eat cookies with me.

edit: just looked at your profile... east coast? they hate us?

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Do rejections even come that fast? I went complete in mid January...is it possible to receive a rejection that fast?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2013esq

Bronze

Post by 2013esq » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Prob YP. Why didn't you apply to more higher ranked schools with a 170?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:Do rejections even come that fast? I went complete in mid January...is it possible to receive a rejection that fast?
There've been admittances and WLs so I don't see why not. But if your mom is joking you are going to have to pout like a 14 year old for a while so she realizes the gravity of what she's done...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

2013esq wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Prob YP. Why didn't you apply to more higher ranked schools with a 170?
I applied to plenty higher ranked schools. See my profile. But my personal preference is Hastings. Cardozo now, I guess...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 pm

sibley wrote: I applied to plenty higher ranked schools. See my profile. But my personal preference is Hastings. Cardozo now, I guess...
did you try ucla and usc? what stopped you from doing ED to hastings?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:54 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote: I applied to plenty higher ranked schools. See my profile. But my personal preference is Hastings. Cardozo now, I guess...
Waiting on UCLA and USC. I didn't do ED because where I ultimately attend will at least be partially influenced by scholarship and I wasn't willing to devote myself to an institution that wouldn't necessarily give me everything that I was looking for (that being $$$). Plus, the 170 was a December retake.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Waiting on UCLA and USC. I didn't do ED because where I ultimately attend will at least be partially influenced by scholarship and I wasn't willing to devote myself to an institution that wouldn't necessarily give me everything that I was looking for (that being $$$)
hmm i c... can't blame hastings for WLing you though since you have YP stats for them. although it does suck since you aren't necessarily an accept either at UCLA and USC which love GPA. but i believe one of them will pull through for you. guessing USC.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Waiting on UCLA and USC. I didn't do ED because where I ultimately attend will at least be partially influenced by scholarship and I wasn't willing to devote myself to an institution that wouldn't necessarily give me everything that I was looking for (that being $$$)
hmm i c... can't blame hastings for WLing you though since you have YP stats for them. although it does suck since you aren't necessarily an accept either at UCLA and USC which love GPA. but i believe one of them will pull through for you. guessing USC.
Yeah. it's rough... but I've been relatively lucky - my other likely yp schools have instead been accepting me (and I'm hoping for nice scholarships). I've seen some posters with no admits from their safeties. But... well to them they're safeties. To me they are lovely credit-rating savers.

Cale39

New

Post by Cale39 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
J Burrito wrote:
kiddah paji

That is incredible, I can't believe you got dinged. What ugrad did you go to?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”