UC Hastings 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zeth006

Silver

Re: UC Hastings 2010!!!

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
zeth006 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA WL'ed at 2:53 pm PST!!!! :lol:

I'm so screwed. Anyone got any advice on how to increase my chances of moving my arse into the admitted students pool numbers notwithstanding?
waitlist is by emails?

Yeah, they just sent me an e-mail literally 6 minutes ago with the heart-wrenching news! :cry:
mind sharing your stats?
3.64/161. Not exactly auto-admit, I know, before any of you start jeering at me!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm

zeth006 wrote: 3.64/161. Not exactly auto-admit, I know, before any of you start jeering at me!
strange how they rejected a lot of 167+ LSAT scorers who had under 3.0 gpa.... guess they really want GPA more then LSAT...

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 pm

finalaspects wrote:
zeth006 wrote: 3.64/161. Not exactly auto-admit, I know, before any of you start jeering at me!
strange how they rejected a lot of 167+ LSAT scorers who had under 3.0 gpa.... guess they really want GPA more then LSAT...

There've been numerous discussions on this topic. Some would posit this (the sub-3.0/167 reject) as a case of YP. Others would say they hate splitters.
Last edited by zeth006 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm

zeth006 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There've been numerous discussions on this topic. Some would posit this as a case of YP. Others would say they hate splitters.
And others (me) will say how GPA obsessed California is,

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Waitlisted also by email. Will withdraw soon :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

msch0i wrote:Waitlisted also by email. Will withdraw soon :)
Hey did you apply to Davis?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 pm

ok seriously hastings? i've been waiting since oct.... come on!!!!

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Inygma wrote:
Hey did you apply to Davis?
nope. I have too much socal love :) I just applied to Hastings to kind of Gage my chances this cycle, never expected them to get back to me so late :lol:

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Inygma wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There've been numerous discussions on this topic. Some would posit this as a case of YP. Others would say they hate splitters.
And others (me) will say how GPA obsessed California is,
And I hope that all of you are wrong as I still sit here with no word from them after going complete the 2nd week of January.

2.75 169.

Its gonna take a miracle at this point

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
And I hope that all of you are wrong as I still sit here with no word from them after going complete the 2nd week of January.

2.75 169.

i swear to god, i better hear back before you do. even if its a rejection.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm

thanks to the new healthcare reform I'll stay covered by my parent's insurance

2600 off of tuition every year right there :mrgreen:
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm

3.64/161. Not exactly auto-admit, I know, before any of you start jeering at me!
Sorry to hear about the waitlist.

By my estimation, looking at LSN for last year, there looks to be a wall at around 161. http://hastings.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0809/

They seem less likely to reach below that, if the data there is representative of the total sample.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

2.75 169.

Hey final, you think maybe they're actually considering us? I mean we've been skipped over countless mass WL batches and have escaped the last few rejection mailings. They've had ample time with our apps (especially yours) so what gives?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 pm

missinglink wrote:
Sorry to hear about the waitlist.

By my estimation, looking at LSN for last year, there looks to be a wall at around 161. http://hastings.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0809/

They seem less likely to reach below that, if the data there is representative of the total sample.

Well then I'd say it's hope for the best and prepare for the worst! Judging from the way applications and media GPAs/LSAT scores have been skyrocketing for the past 2 years, I'm not exactly suffering from entitlement issues or expecting to be at the top of the wait-list. Taking into account all the info I've gotten from other TLS posters and friends who visited Davis and Hastings earlier this year, I actually feel quite lucky to have made the wait-list.

But I must say I am somewhat bothered by the part in the e-mail where the adcomm said, "We expect we will have the opportunity to select some candidates from the waitlist as early as May."

That could mean lots of things. That could mean that by some cruel stroke of luck, I could receive a seat offer while I'm going through my 2nd week at some other school, which I'm told is uncommon but not unheard of. Apartment deposits, book purchases, and all the like would certainly make for an interesting situation.
Last edited by zeth006 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

2.75 169.

Hey final, you think maybe they're actually considering us? I mean we've been skipped over countless mass WL batches and have escaped the last few rejection mailings. They've had ample time with our apps (especially yours) so what gives?
im a pessimist so i always thought the opposite. they looked at the ones that they would actually consider accepting first, only to come across mine and say let's just wait on him since we'll reject him anyways. technically being complete means nothing and it depends on when you go into review. question is why did they take so long to put me into review.... probably a bad sign.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

How do you know when you went into review?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:02 pm

they don't tell you
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:How do you know when you went into review?
you don't know unless they tell you. i was told.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:

2.75 169.

im a pessimist so i always thought the opposite. they looked at the ones that they would actually consider accepting first, only to come across mine and say let's just wait on him since we'll reject him anyways. technically being complete means nothing and it depends on when you go into review. question is why did they take so long to put me into review.... probably a bad sign.

I must say I'm torn between deciding whether to be jealous of you splitters or relieved I'm not one of you

At one end, you guys have so many possibilities--sometimes too many. Many schools will often hate your low GPAs, but others will jump up and down and go crazy over the super high LSATs and forgive a couple of bad quarters during uni. It's because of the volatility it's often I'll hear of splitters getting into some top-20 schools with scholarship $ but get rejected from a bunch in the same bracket as well as those ranked #30 and below. The benefits of being a splitter are obvious. But the downsides are equally apparent. Unpredictability and thus a need to shell out a decent, Vegas trip-sized fortune for applications across a wide spectrum of schools.

You splitters sure are a strange species.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

zeth006 wrote: I must say I'm torn between deciding whether to be jealous of you splitters or relieved I'm not one of you

At one end, you guys have so many possibilities--sometimes too many. Many schools will often hate your low GPAs, but others will jump up and down and go crazy over the super high LSATs and forgive a couple of bad quarters during uni. It's because of the volatility it's often I'll hear of splitters getting into some top-20 schools with scholarship $ but get rejected from a bunch in the same bracket as well as those ranked #30 and below. The benefits of being a splitter are obvious. But the downsides are equally apparent. Unpredictability and thus a need to shell out a decent, Vegas trip-sized fortune for applications across a wide spectrum of schools.

bah, we're smart but we were lazy or partied too much and took advantage of college.... :|

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Well don't be too jealous of me. I've applied everywhere from t-14 to schools ranked at the back end of t2 and have yet to be accepted anywhere.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fiftyonefifty

New

Post by fiftyonefifty » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't know how someone can submit their apps in Oct/Nov and still have to wait for a decision. That's just wrong.

It took three weeks for mine and I submitted just before the deadline.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 pm

fiftyonefifty wrote:I don't know how someone can submit their apps in Oct/Nov and still have to wait for a decision. That's just wrong.

It took three weeks for mine and I submitted just before the deadline.
that's what im freaking saying! seriously waiting this long to reject me would be wrong. they've been rejecting people since the beginning. if they accept me we're all good then since i'm a splitter.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:Well don't be too jealous of me. I've applied everywhere from t-14 to schools ranked at the back end of t2 and have yet to be accepted anywhere.
Patience, young grasshopper! Don't want to sound like I'm prying, but if your profile on LSN is any hint, you just have a nice long waiting period ahead of ya...not that that's anything new for everyone waiting on Hastings/Davis!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:00 pm

zeth006 wrote:I must say I'm torn between deciding whether to be jealous of you splitters or relieved I'm not one of you

Thank God for the LSAC fee waiver. Really hoping I don't get screwed on deposits though. This is an awful year for splitters who didn't ED--I'm on 8 WLs and 2 holds with 2 pending. Hypothetically I could end up paying for seat deposits 13 different times if I got off every WL in the exact wrong order. Obviously that's not going to happen but it could plausibly happen more than once.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”