St. John's 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ManUdevil

Re: St. John's 2013

Postby ManUdevil » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm

dsap45 wrote:anyone else excited about st. johns' 15 point jump in the USNWR rankings??

I'll be more excited if I get that acceptance letter soon! But it is encouraging to see, nonetheless.

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 pm

dsap45 wrote:anyone else excited about st. johns' 15 point jump in the USNWR rankings??

Yup! 1 overall score point away from being tied with Brooklyn. Next year Brooklyn, next year. :twisted:

PhantaManta

Postby PhantaManta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 pm

FWIW, I withdrew from SJU and I had a full scholarshnip so more monies for you guys. I am shit at backing the right horses, I withdraw from ASU and it crushes every other school and jumps to #38 and plus SJU goes up. The two schools I put deposits in at both fell 3 spots.

I realize that year to year rankings mean very little, but I don't want to go to a school and it pull a Univeristy of Hawaii and go from like 70 to off the list (they got back to the 70s from off the list this year, though).

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

ManUdevil wrote:

I'll be more excited if I get that acceptance letter soon! But it is encouraging to see, nonetheless.

You're still waiting too, huh? I called today, and after not getting anyone to pick up the phone the first two times, the third time a woman told me there still wasn't a decision for me. I half believe her, but I'm sort of paranoid by the long silence after I gave her my name. Perhaps the computer system was slow, or maybe she knew the answer and, it not being good news, couldn't tell me.

I used to be comforted by the long wait, going on the idea that another day when I didn't hear meant one more day I was being considered, or something like that. They've had me in review for about two months, so if they wanted to reject me right away, they could have. I just wish I knew, because I am going to fax a deposit form into Hofstra tomorrow. With my luck, I will drop $400 bucks only to find out next week I got into St. John's.

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Besides being totally stressed out and wanting to have a solid decision to make without much more waiting, I feel a little comforted by the wait... two people I know got their letters (rejections) on Friday, and they applied about three weeks after me so I guess that might be a good sign? I wasn't instant rejection? LOL I also called yesterday, and spoke to a really nice woman who said I was still under review, and no decision was made yet.

oh the waiting..... any advice? Been complete since 1/28!

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 pm

pink_law14 wrote:Besides being totally stressed out and wanting to have a solid decision to make without much more waiting, I feel a little comforted by the wait... two people I know got their letters (rejections) on Friday, and they applied about three weeks after me so I guess that might be a good sign? I wasn't instant rejection? LOL I also called yesterday, and spoke to a really nice woman who said I was still under review, and no decision was made yet.

I don't know why I am asking you this, but do you think I am being paranoid when I think of how long the wait was from the time I told the woman my name and when she told I was allegedly under review? She seemed to get off the phone quickly, too, although that could just be the fact that she was busy. I haven't been in review as long as you, but my numbers aren't great, so if they wanted to reject me, why wouldn't they have done it already?

greg11a

Postby greg11a » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 am

Yes, that is good news. I am glad I asked for and received a 1 week extension on my seat deposit, along with my scholarship, this really strengthens their position on my list.

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 am

b.j. wrote:
pink_law14 wrote:Besides being totally stressed out and wanting to have a solid decision to make without much more waiting, I feel a little comforted by the wait... two people I know got their letters (rejections) on Friday, and they applied about three weeks after me so I guess that might be a good sign? I wasn't instant rejection? LOL I also called yesterday, and spoke to a really nice woman who said I was still under review, and no decision was made yet.

I don't know why I am asking you this, but do you think I am being paranoid when I think of how long the wait was from the time I told the woman my name and when she told I was allegedly under review? She seemed to get off the phone quickly, too, although that could just be the fact that she was busy. I haven't been in review as long as you, but my numbers aren't great, so if they wanted to reject me, why wouldn't they have done it already?

I'm not sure.. I didn't really think anything of it whether she paused or didn't pause too much when telling me I was still under review. I distinctly remember her saying that I would get a letter in the mail whether I was accepted or rejected, so I presume they don't tell you over the phone under any circumstance. What were your numbers like? Mine were pretty low below average 3.2 gpa 154 lsat but I think I had some pretty good softs that give me a minimal chance. My friend's numbers were even lower and like I said he applied like end of Feb and already got his rejection letter... so I think that might be a good sign for us!

nms23

Postby nms23 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 am

pink_law14 wrote:
b.j. wrote:

I'm not sure.. I didn't really think anything of it whether she paused or didn't pause too much when telling me I was still under review. I distinctly remember her saying that I would get a letter in the mail whether I was accepted or rejected, so I presume they don't tell you over the phone under any circumstance. What were your numbers like? Mine were pretty low below average 3.2 gpa 154 lsat but I think I had some pretty good softs that give me a minimal chance. My friend's numbers were even lower and like I said he applied like end of Feb and already got his rejection letter... so I think that might be a good sign for us!

Did you apply for the PT or FT program? I have similar numbers and submitted my app before Christmas and still have heard nothing. I called yesterday and they told me no decision had been made at this time. Ugh.

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 am

I applied for FT. Yes, they said the same thing to me.. no decision made yet. WTF?

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Has anyone been admitted to their Summer Program?

nms23

Postby nms23 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm

pink_law14 wrote:I applied for FT. Yes, they said the same thing to me.. no decision made yet. WTF?

I applied PT because I need to keep my job in the city. I'm getting very frustrated because I had to submit a seat deposit at another school, which would be a waste of money if I get into St. John's (which is where I really want to be!). How much longer can they hold out!

ManUdevil

Postby ManUdevil » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are the people that are accepted being notified by snail mail or by email first?

greg11a

Postby greg11a » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Snail mail only for St Johns.

iiifly

Postby iiifly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Are you kidding me, snail mail only?????????????? I needed to know like yesterday!

Honikane

Postby Honikane » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 pm

NYCG8TR wrote:Has anyone been admitted to their Summer Program?

I've been admitted to their Summer Program. Info came via e-mail and then snail mail.

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Honikane wrote:

I've been admitted to their Summer Program. Info came via e-mail and then snail mail.

I got an email a weeking ago telling me they were considering me for the program....How long did it take you to hear from them after getting that email?

Honikane

Postby Honikane » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:57 pm

NYCG8TR wrote:
Honikane wrote:

I got an email a weeking ago telling me they were considering me for the program....How long did it take you to hear from them after getting that email?

Got the e-mail last Thursday...got the letter on Monday. Deadline for seat deposit in 4/19.

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Honikane wrote:
NYCG8TR wrote:
Honikane wrote:

Got the e-mail last Thursday...got the letter on Monday. Deadline for seat deposit in 4/19.

Congrats!!

I hope I hear something soon (good news) lol...

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:00 pm

still no email or letter.

what do you guys think? will I hear soon? anyone else in a similiar situation?

FT program, 3.2gpa 154lsat complete 1/28 STILL UNDER REVIEW!

Honikane

Postby Honikane » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

[/quote]

Congrats!!

I hope I hear something soon (good news) lol...[/quote]

Thanks and good luck to you as well!

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Honikane wrote:

Congrats!!

I hope I hear something soon (good news) lol...[/quote]

Thanks and good luck to you as well![/quote]

One last question...when did you go complete?

bex

Postby bex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at SJU (full time), and I thought I'd give you guys some encouragement as you seem a bit stressed about waiting on acceptances -- I just checked my acceptance letter from last year, and it wasn't dated until April 30. I don't think I even applied until sometime in February, and I also ended up getting a pretty nice scholarship.

I strongly recommend the school -- although it's pretty stressful now before finals, it's a great place and I've really enjoyed my first year. If you have any questions, please ask!!

Good luck to all of you, and I hope to see you around SJU next year! :D

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 pm

bex wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at SJU (full time), and I thought I'd give you guys some encouragement as you seem a bit stressed about waiting on acceptances -- I just checked my acceptance letter from last year, and it wasn't dated until April 30. I don't think I even applied until sometime in February, and I also ended up getting a pretty nice scholarship.

I strongly recommend the school -- although it's pretty stressful now before finals, it's a great place and I've really enjoyed my first year. If you have any questions, please ask!!

Do you live in the school owned apartments or have you seen them? If so, what are they like?

bex

Postby bex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Trifles wrote:
bex wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a 1L at SJU (full time), and I thought I'd give you guys some encouragement as you seem a bit stressed about waiting on acceptances -- I just checked my acceptance letter from last year, and it wasn't dated until April 30. I don't think I even applied until sometime in February, and I also ended up getting a pretty nice scholarship.

Do you live in the school owned apartments or have you seen them? If so, what are they like?

I don't live there and I've never actually seen them, but I've heard they're nice.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”