St. John's 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acoon624

Re: St. John's 2013

Postby acoon624 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

I sent my app in in late Jan and am still waiting....

greg11a

Postby greg11a » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I will be asking for more money to complete the full ride. What is the max they give out? Tuition or tuition + stipend? If they give me the full ride I will go to St Johns this year. If not, I will probably retake LSAT and do another cycle next year. For me, the money is the most important thing, I would love to go to Fordham, but I dont feel its worth any amount of money when they dont seem to give out that much anyway over the full ride at Johns.

laur

Postby laur » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

kscience wrote:Acceptance via snail mail today. 12.5K yearly, top 50%.

Has anyone been successful at negotiating a higher scholarship from them before?

Stats: lsat 162, lsdas 2.85, ugpa 3.15

I was accepted yesterday via snail mail and we have the same stats. I received 15K a year so I'm sure you can try and get a little more out of them!

Lighthouse28

Postby Lighthouse28 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm

acoon624 wrote:I sent my app in in late Jan and am still waiting....

If it makes you feel any better, I sent in my app in November and haven't heard back yet lol

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 pm

The more I look at BLS's acceptance package, the more I am disappointed with SJU....all i got was an envelope with 2 papers in it saying Im in...

IMHO SJU's communication with its applicants/admitted students and overall admission experience has been pretty dismal..

I feel for you guys who haven't gotten a response yet...you guys are stronger than I, sincerely hope that you hear good news from them soon

kscience

Postby kscience » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:55 pm

knickfan wrote:The more I look at BLS's acceptance package, the more I am disappointed with SJU....all i got was an envelope with 2 papers in it saying Im in...

IMHO SJU's communication with its applicants/admitted students and overall admission experience has been pretty dismal..

I feel for you guys who haven't gotten a response yet...you guys are stronger than I, sincerely hope that you hear good news from them soon

I agree St. John's fails at communication with applicants, but since being admitted on Monday I have had multiple emails form the school. Some where standard mass accepted student emails, while the others are quick responses from my admissions counselor answering my questions.

Jagg3003

Postby Jagg3003 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Sent in my deposit a few days ago, but made the decision to actually GO today after I visited again.

Now, where to live... As a non-driver, I'm thinking Forest Hills, along the F line. What is everyone else thinking?

bklyngreenlp

Postby bklyngreenlp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Jagg3003 wrote:Sent in my deposit a few days ago, but made the decision to actually GO today after I visited again.

Now, where to live... As a non-driver, I'm thinking Forest Hills, along the F line. What is everyone else thinking?

I would highly recommend Forest Hills or Kew Gardens. If you're visiting the area, check out Austin Street in Forest Hills. It has some great restaurants and stores. If you like Caribbean food, Cabana is utterly fantastic. Also, the rent is fairly reasonable for NYC. Plus, your commute to the school won't be obnoxious.

If you're looking for something cheaper, parts of Ridgewood are okay, too.

acash09

Postby acash09 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Jagg3003 wrote:Sent in my deposit a few days ago, but made the decision to actually GO today after I visited again.

Jamaica Estates. There are a ton of rental opportunities there. Most within walking distance of StJ.

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Did anyone else receive an email about a leadership awards dinner? I don't even go to St. John's and I haven't gotten a decision on my application yet, so I think it may be an error. I tried calling admissions to ask about it, but the lady just blew me off.

dsap45

Postby dsap45 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email about a leadership awards dinner? I don't even go to St. John's and I haven't gotten a decision on my application yet, so I think it may be an error. I tried calling admissions to ask about it, but the lady just blew me off.

yea i just received the same email. it's definitely some sort of mistake.

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:16 pm

dsap45 wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email about a leadership awards dinner? I don't even go to St. John's and I haven't gotten a decision on my application yet, so I think it may be an error. I tried calling admissions to ask about it, but the lady just blew me off.

Ughhhh I really hoped that was a sign that I was accepted. Mehhhh back to waiting.

dsap45

Postby dsap45 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm

it appears to be an event for the undergraduate part of st. john's, but the fact that you got the email shows that you are somewhere in their system which should be taken as a good thing. i waited for 4+ months before receiving my decision so hang in there and good luck!

Sias

Postby Sias » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:36 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
dsap45 wrote:

Ughhhh I really hoped that was a sign that I was accepted. Mehhhh back to waiting.

I got the email and had been accepted w/ scholarship last week. Although I don't like to speculate, it probably bodes well for you if not everyone received it.

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
dsap45 wrote:

I just replied to that email saying I never participated in any leadership program and that you guys probably made a mistake. They answered that the email was sent to me by accident and "please accept our apology"...i thought about it for a couple of hours and finally i have decided that i will accept their apology only if they offer me a full ride and $100/week for recreational spending (beer/food)-waiting to hear if they accept my terms..

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm

knickfan wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:
dsap45 wrote:

I just replied to that email saying I never participated in any leadership program and that you guys probably made a mistake. They answered that the email was sent to me by accident and "please accept our apology"...i thought about it for a couple of hours and finally i have decided that i will accept their apology only if they offer me a full ride and $100/week for recreational spending (beer/food)-waiting to hear if they accept my terms..

haha I hope they agree to that... it seems only fair.

rossrobert

Postby rossrobert » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 pm

I have e-mailed several people in the admissions office this past week and no one has returned my e-mails.

I had e-mailed someone back on march 25th and she answered me write away twice that day and then nothing....

has anyone else tried to e-mail them?

dsap45

Postby dsap45 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:01 pm

i had emailed once and got a response quite a few days later. i recommend calling admissions to ask questions because it is ultimately quicker and easier in addressing all of your inquiries at once as opposed to in a chain of emails.

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Sias wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:
dsap45 wrote:

I got the email and had been accepted w/ scholarship last week. Although I don't like to speculate, it probably bodes well for you if not everyone received it.

Okay I just got an email today congratulating me on my acceptance! :) Thanks for your optimism!

knickfan

Postby knickfan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm

[/quote]Okay I just got an email today congratulating me on my acceptance! :) Thanks for your optimism![/quote]

CONGRATS BUDDY!!!!! BTW they agreed to my terms...I'll knock down a beer for you..

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:Okay I just got an email today congratulating me on my acceptance! :) Thanks for your optimism!
[/quote]

When did you go complete?

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm

NYCG8TR wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:Okay I just got an email today congratulating me on my acceptance! :) Thanks for your optimism!

End of February? They never sent me an e-mail saying I was complete, but my application went in 2/19.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 pm

NYCbound96 wrote:
NYCG8TR wrote:

End of February? They never sent me an e-mail saying I was complete, but my application went in 2/19.

I have yet to hear anything from them. The last time I called was about no more than two weeks ago, when I was told I was still under review. But I went complete around the same time as you. Hopefully, I will hear one way or the other tomorrow. If I don't get anything in the mail, I will definitely call.

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

b.j. wrote:
NYCbound96 wrote:
NYCG8TR wrote:

I have yet to hear anything from them. The last time I called was about no more than two weeks ago, when I was told I was still under review. But I went complete around the same time as you. Hopefully, I will hear one way or the other tomorrow. If I don't get anything in the mail, I will definitely call.

I called on Friday and was told that my application was still under review. Today I was told I was accepted on 4/6... I can't figure it out, but good luck! :)

dsap45

Postby dsap45 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

anyone else excited about st. johns' 15 point jump in the USNWR rankings??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”