St. John's 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brian317

New

Re: St. John's 2013

Post by brian317 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 pm

I havent heard from all my schools yet, but St Johns gave me a substantial scholarship. Im a little naive to the cycle, but am i just supposed to give them a seat deposit and wait and see what happens if it comes down to april 15?

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 pm

I got an extension from the admissions office so that I won't have to submit a deposit until after I attend the admitted students day on 4/21. I am hoping I hear from my top choice (UConn) by then.

I applied 1/18 and received my acceptance letter from STJ 2/08...I wish all admissions offices acted with such speed. I wish other admissions offices offered me full-tuition scholarships, too.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 am

Emac wrote:I got an extension from the admissions office so that I won't have to submit a deposit until after I attend the admitted students day on 4/21. I am hoping I hear from my top choice (UConn) by then.

I applied 1/18 and received my acceptance letter from STJ 2/08...I wish all admissions offices acted with such speed. I wish other admissions offices offered me full-tuition scholarships, too.
Maybe it's a matter of your numbers being what they are looking for, but you received a lot quicker of a response than I have. The last time I heard from them was February 17, when I was told my application was was being reviewed (or so it seems; the e-mail isn't entirely clear on that). I've tried sending them a few e-mails about being under review and asking if my application was complete, but I heard nothing in response, which I find infuriating. I get that my e-mails won't necessarily be answered right away, but to not get a response at all? The lack of a status checker doesn't make things easier.

I guess I should call next week just to ask what's going on. I know I haven't been waiting a particularly long time, and that the wait might be a good thing if my application is being given serious consideration. (I know I am not a slam dunk, so if there was any decisive response, it would have almost certainly been a rejection.)

Trifles

Bronze

Post by Trifles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 am

Does anyone know what the law apartments are like? They don't have anything but a picture of the front of the building on the website. :?

dsap45

New

Post by dsap45 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 am

b.j. wrote:
I guess I should call next week just to ask what's going on. I know I haven't been waiting a particularly long time, and that the wait might be a good thing if my application is being given serious consideration. (I know I am not a slam dunk, so if there was any decisive response, it would have almost certainly been a rejection.)
i've been waiting on st. john's for some time now and have called more than a few times. each time i was told that my application was in committee until today when i was told that good news was on the way. don't hesitate to call them. from my experience the admissions staff was very friendly and willing to check your application status and give you a vague reassurance as to when a decision may/should be rendered.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:59 am

dsap45 wrote:
b.j. wrote:
i've been waiting on st. john's for some time now and have called more than a few times. each time i was told that my application was in committee until today when i was told that good news was on the way. don't hesitate to call them. from my experience the admissions staff was very friendly and willing to check your application status and give you a vague reassurance as to when a decision may/should be rendered.
I second that advice. You should definitely call. The admissions office staff is quite friendly.

Columbia Law

Bronze

Post by Columbia Law » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I have heard through the grape vine that St. John's is done accepting people. All of their slots are filled due to record numbers of applications. Anyone they don't outright reject will have to settle for the waitlist.

barrel_bra

New

Post by barrel_bra » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Columbia Law wrote:I have heard through the grape vine that St. John's is done accepting people. All of their slots are filled due to record numbers of applications. Anyone they don't outright reject will have to settle for the waitlist.

Bro,you're already a student at Columbia. How can you find this entertaining or worth-while???? You're the biggest downer on this site. Not all of the applicants on this site are the "lucky" t14 wonder-breads. Luckily, I've had the opportunity to be accepted to St. Johns University, but not every applicant has yet,so back off with your "St. John's is done accepting people. Anyone they don't outright reject will have to settle for the waitlist." Nobody wants to hear that negative shit, if they are still waiting to hear back from the admin committee, so take it somewhere else.

Trifles

Bronze

Post by Trifles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:44 am

Woah dude, calm down. I'm sure some people would much rather hear the bad news, especially if they haven't heard a response from St. John's before their other seat deposits are due.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:38 am

Has anyone that has been waitlisted sent in an LOCI yet? I'm not sure if I should send via e-mail, fax or snail mail...

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Has anyone heard anything from St. John's lately?

ManUdevil

New

Post by ManUdevil » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 pm

nms23 wrote:Has anyone heard anything from St. John's lately?
I submitted my app on 2/8, got an app acknowledgement on 2/19 and haven't heard a thing since.

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:06 pm

Withdrawing today with a full tuition scholarship. hopefully that'll open up a spot and money for someone else here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 pm

ManUdevil wrote:
I submitted my app on 2/8, got an app acknowledgement on 2/19 and haven't heard a thing since.
I submitted mine app on 12/23, got an app acknowledgement on 12/29. Still have not heard a word. I called a week ago and they said no decision made at this time. Ugh.

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm

nms23 wrote:
ManUdevil wrote:
I submitted mine app on 12/23, got an app acknowledgement on 12/29. Still have not heard a word. I called a week ago and they said no decision made at this time. Ugh.
Clearly I'm stressed, I can't even type correctly. I meant to say I submitted mine on 12/23, obviously.

Snowdrifter

New

Post by Snowdrifter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Withdrawing today and freeing up scholarship money. Good luck. 8)

briarose21

New

Post by briarose21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 pm

I applied on September 4th and have heard nothing since. All emails go unanswered. I've called three times in the last few months and was told each time that there was no decision. I called this morning and was told "Your file has yet to be reviewed. I will pull it and place it in the rotation."

What?! So it's just been sitting there collecting dust for six months?

I'm an SJU alumni and am not surprised. Everything was a hassle there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:20 pm

^
Wow that is really bad. Sorry to hear you have been waiting so long...

underdog

New

Post by underdog » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm

briarose21 wrote:I applied on September 4th and have heard nothing since. All emails go unanswered. I've called three times in the last few months and was told each time that there was no decision. I called this morning and was told "Your file has yet to be reviewed. I will pull it and place it in the rotation."

September 4th!!! you're stronger than I am. I would think that they will let us know by Apr 15th

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm

briarose21 wrote:I applied on September 4th and have heard nothing since. All emails go unanswered. I've called three times in the last few months and was told each time that there was no decision. I called this morning and was told "Your file has yet to be reviewed. I will pull it and place it in the rotation."

Jeez, I wonder if I should call and ask to have mine pulled also? Did you mention when you called that you submitted it in September?

briarose21

New

Post by briarose21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Yes, I told them I applied September 4th when I called. But the thing is, I told them that every time I called and this was the first time someone said it wasn't even being looked at!

I'm so frustrated now I can't even tell you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

briarose21

New

Post by briarose21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Also, the first time I called the woman said "Well, did you submit everything you were supposed to?" Yes. "On time?" Yes. "Well then don't sweat it! I'm sure everything is fine!" I had to ask her to check for me and make sure everything had been received. I'm sure she just put me on hold, counted to ten and came back to tell me yes.

How does an application (from an alumni, no less!) received that early sit around collecting dust?

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm

briarose21 wrote:Yes, I told them I applied September 4th when I called. But the thing is, I told them that every time I called and this was the first time someone said it wasn't even being looked at!

Me too. I guess maybe it's a good thing if noone has heard anything about the PT program yet then, maybe they haven't chosen everyone?

briarose21

New

Post by briarose21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:41 pm

nms23 wrote:
briarose21 wrote:Yes, I told them I applied September 4th when I called. But the thing is, I told them that every time I called and this was the first time someone said it wasn't even being looked at!

Me too. I guess maybe it's a good thing if noone has heard anything about the PT program yet then, maybe they haven't chosen everyone?

I didn't apply for the PT program and I'm sure most of the spots and money are gone for full.

Thanks, SJU!

nms23

New

Post by nms23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 pm

briarose21 wrote:
nms23 wrote:

I didn't apply for the PT program and I'm sure most of the spots and money are gone for full.

Thanks, SJU!
Can I ask you, you had a 171 and a 4.0 and didn't get in? How is that possible?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”