Anyone hear from Florida International University?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
x3jessica3x

Re: Anyone hear from Florida International University?

Postby x3jessica3x » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Sorry to hear that Jessica Rabbit. Keep your head up, you might get off the list.

Thanks! I am still hoping and waiting. I wonder if there has been any movement yet. I haven't heard a thing. Do they tell you anything only if you get in or will they notify you if they aren't? I am super stressed about this my cycle sucked =/ oh well congrats to everyone who got in I hopeeeee to see you in the fall!

I hope you get in, but if you don't where are you going?

Probably St. Thomas with $$ or maybe UM with no $$ (which I probably won't do). I got into different schools around the country but have declined admission to most. Luckily I live in Miami so I could ride the wait list out until the very last moment.

sques001

Postby sques001 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 pm

I got accepted in the end of May and withdrew so there should be one more spot open.. Goodluck to everyone!!

x3jessica3x

Postby x3jessica3x » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Has anyone WAITING heard any news yet? I heard the wait list was cut by a large amount but has anyone been notified of this?

lawschoolgiant

Postby lawschoolgiant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:47 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:Has anyone WAITING heard any news yet? I heard the wait list was cut by a large amount but has anyone been notified of this?

do people hear this late, orientation is in a few days

x3jessica3x

Postby x3jessica3x » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:49 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:Has anyone WAITING heard any news yet? I heard the wait list was cut by a large amount but has anyone been notified of this?

Yeah there have been people called even on the day of orientation.

lawschoolgiant

Postby lawschoolgiant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:

good luck to you, where are you going otherwise?

x3jessica3x

Postby x3jessica3x » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:00 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:

good luck to you, where are you going otherwise?

St. Thomas =/ I still have hope I got an e-mail saying they will be letting a few more in I just wanted to check if anyone has been notified of being pulled off the wait list because in the e-mail it said that a lot had. So I am technically still being considered and will be given a decision I assume by next Tuesday..I am just nervous now haha more than ever before.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Nice to see youre still waiting Jessica. If they did cut the wait list and youre still on it, its because they liked you. Being on the waiting list at this point gives you a really good chance of getting in. I hope you get in. You've been waiting and you've really wanted it.

Any chance you'll retake the LSAT or reapply for fall 2011. St Thomas... :|

rbgrocio

Postby rbgrocio » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:57 pm

gdane5 wrote:Nice to see youre still waiting Jessica. If they did cut the wait list and youre still on it, its because they liked you. Being on the waiting list at this point gives you a really good chance of getting in. I hope you get in. You've been waiting and you've really wanted it.

I would take St. Thomas and not retake... One of the attorneys at the firm I currently worked at graduated from there, and she is making good money (she graduated 3 years ago), and one of the FIU Law Professors is a St. Thomas graduate too. Do I like St. Thomas? No! but I think I would take it.

Edit. Hold on wait... I forgot St. Thomas is super expensive. Never mind, retake!

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Nice to see youre still waiting Jessica. If they did cut the wait list and youre still on it, its because they liked you. Being on the waiting list at this point gives you a really good chance of getting in. I hope you get in. You've been waiting and you've really wanted it.

I would take St. Thomas and not retake... One of the attorneys at the firm I currently worked at graduated from there, and she is making good money (she graduated 3 years ago), and one of the FIU Law Professors is a St. Thomas graduate too. Do I like St. Thomas? No! but I think I would take it.

Edit. Hold on wait... I forgot St. Thomas is super expensive. Never mind, retake!

Thats why I said retake. If St. Thomas had FIU's tuition I would say go ahead and attend, but since they charge you as much as some T14's do I dont think its a good investment. Go if they are giving you a lot of money (At least 75% tuition), but otherwise retake and see where else you can get in.

Dripworx

Postby Dripworx » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:24 pm

In last week, got the letter.

Dont know if i got any money though... would it have said so somewhere or do I have to go look for it like call and ask? idk.

rbgrocio

Postby rbgrocio » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Dripworx wrote:In last week, got the letter.

Dont know if i got any money though... would it have said so somewhere or do I have to go look for it like call and ask? idk.

I called to find out whether I was getting any money. But I think you need like a 158 or above to get any money at FIU. I think; not sure.

I'm a 3L there.

jjc10d

Postby jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 am

Hey my file went under review on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...

rbgrocio

Postby rbgrocio » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 pm

jjc10d wrote:Hey my file went under review on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...

the school is getting more and more competitive each year, so I am not 100 percent sure you will get in. Looking at the current averages for both LSAT and GPA should give you an idea of what your chances are.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”