Emory 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nol607
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby nol607 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm pretty grateful to have been w/l with 3.6/163, with good softs. Any shot at admission? It seems as though most waitlisters have ~164/5.

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby Nat1018 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm

nol607 wrote:I'm pretty grateful to have been w/l with 3.6/163, with good softs. Any shot at admission? It seems as though most waitlisters have ~164/5.


It's really hard to speculate what your chances at admission are being on the waitlist

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby dvd » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:34 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
somewherewarm
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:28 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby somewherewarm » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?

User avatar
cendien
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby cendien » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:21 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?


Yeah, I'm hoping to be there. Should be more sure by the end of the week.

User avatar
maximus34998
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby maximus34998 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?


I'll be there!

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby philosoraptor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?

Yep, should be a rollicking good time.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby lawduder » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Anyone planning on attending the ASD on April 10?

I'll be there and I'll probably go to the social on the 9th too.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby Grizz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:10 pm

See yall at ASD.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby hhg » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 pm

i'll be at both events!

sebastian0622
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby sebastian0622 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 pm

I'll be at ASW. As I mentioned earlier, I'll probably go early and head to the Braves game on Thursday night (I'm a life-long fan) if anyone would like to go. I know at least one other admitted student is interested.

ninjagirl
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby ninjagirl » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm

How are people getting around? Is everyone renting a car?

sebastian0622
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby sebastian0622 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:32 pm

I'll probably drive down from the Midwest with a sedan. I'm looking forward to being popular for a weekend (in other words, I'll give rides). :D

fs_tills
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby fs_tills » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:32 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:LOL

I just tried to log in and it says they have no record of me- of course my decision is still pending....

I think people desperate to know about their status should try logging in there...maybe it's a backdoor way of finding out whether youre in or not

https://www.app.emory.edu/acm/getpassword.cfm


Awesome backdoor approach. So only accepted students have an OPUS account? What if you're waitlisted, do you still get one?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 pm

fs_tills wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:LOL

I just tried to log in and it says they have no record of me- of course my decision is still pending....

I think people desperate to know about their status should try logging in there...maybe it's a backdoor way of finding out whether youre in or not

https://www.app.emory.edu/acm/getpassword.cfm


Awesome backdoor approach. So only accepted students have an OPUS account? What if you're waitlisted, do you still get one?


I'll check!
edit: nope.

fs_tills
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby fs_tills » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 pm

sibley wrote:I'll check!
edit: nope.


Thanks for checking sibley!

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: Emory 2010

Postby itsmytime10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm

sibley wrote:
fs_tills wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:LOL

I just tried to log in and it says they have no record of me- of course my decision is still pending....

I think people desperate to know about their status should try logging in there...maybe it's a backdoor way of finding out whether youre in or not

https://www.app.emory.edu/acm/getpassword.cfm


Awesome backdoor approach. So only accepted students have an OPUS account? What if you're waitlisted, do you still get one?


I'll check!
edit: nope.


Please, can an admitted student try this website out and see if it lets them in....

nol607
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby nol607 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Are their any stats on the number of applicants accepted from the waitlist in past years?

User avatar
hoodence
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby hoodence » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:17 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
sibley wrote:
fs_tills wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:LOL

I just tried to log in and it says they have no record of me- of course my decision is still pending....

I think people desperate to know about their status should try logging in there...maybe it's a backdoor way of finding out whether youre in or not

https://www.app.emory.edu/acm/getpassword.cfm


Awesome backdoor approach. So only accepted students have an OPUS account? What if you're waitlisted, do you still get one?


I'll check!
edit: nope.


Please, can an admitted student try this website out and see if it lets them in....


Yes, it works for me and has since receiving the OPUS email.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby shadow. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:54 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm

shadow. wrote:I just tried and it gave me a temporary password! So, I guess I'm in.

No letter, no e-mail, no communication since UR 1/19.

170/3.0


congrats... but wtf! it's because I'm from NY, isn't it.

User avatar
DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 pm

waitlisted. not really that interested in emory so ho-hum.

hopefully the people that love it hear back soon.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby shadow. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

shadow. wrote:
sibley wrote:
shadow. wrote:I just tried and it gave me a temporary password! So, I guess I'm in.

No letter, no e-mail, no communication since UR 1/19.

170/3.0


congrats... but wtf! it's because I'm from NY, isn't it.


Thanks, sibley. I think that we're both waiting (anxiously!!) on GULC. I'm UR 2/12 with no updates there.

As to NY...I'm from Atlanta, and based on the reputation that Emory has here, your NY status should be a big boon for your odds of admission. heh.

UGA is another discussion...


Maybe they figured I wouldn't go down there. It was the only school I applied to south of Virginia, unless you count Florida Coastal (which I applied to with my 158 LSAT only, way back in November)

What do you think's gonna happen to us with Georgetown? We're still hanging around but... it's not looking very good, is it?

User avatar
scBlueDevil
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Re: Emory 2010

Postby scBlueDevil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

shadow. wrote:I just tried and it gave me a temporary password! So, I guess I'm in.

No letter, no e-mail, no communication since UR 1/19.

170/3.0


Try changing your password. The registration page indicates that applicants can receive an Emory ID but cannot change their passwords until they are accepted.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”