Emory 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
luckyjd

Re: Emory 2010

Postby luckyjd » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

jman77 wrote:Just got my acceptance package in the mail. In with $54K. Less than UIUC's offer and less than half of WUSTL's.

Did someone post awhile ago that Emory doesn't negotiate scholly offers?

Edit: Applied 1/31, complete 2/3.

Tis true. Emory doesn't negotiate scholly offer. Seems like this is across the board for all of their program (applied for undergraduate and graduate school also). If anyone had success, then please do share..

But congrats on the 54k and other schollys :) Tough decision I bet.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 pm

luckyjd wrote:
jman77 wrote:Just got my acceptance package in the mail. In with $54K. Less than UIUC's offer and less than half of WUSTL's.

Tis true. Emory doesn't negotiate scholly offer. Seems like this is across the board for all of their program (applied for undergraduate and graduate school also). If anyone had success, then please do share..

But congrats on the 54k and other schollys :) Tough decision I bet.

Anyone know where my app might be? Applied early January...

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I applied in early January as well. I haven't heard anything.

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I applied in early January as well. I haven't heard anything.

same here... the anxiety is killing me!

somewherewarm

Postby somewherewarm » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I read somewhere on this site that Emory does NOT negotiate but it's worth a shot.

Bike if you're still here, you really should check with Emory to verify that they received your updated LSAT, those numbers should have gotten you an admit unless there's some crazy circumstance we don't know about.

To Mattel: I almost didn't apply to Cornell's law school because of Andy... even though he didn't go to their law school. And about this philosoraptor... the first time I saw his avatar the only thing I could think of was a game from last summer's LSAT involving green and red and yellow dinosaurs. I'm guessing he's much more affable than that game was.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 pm

To Mattel: I almost didn't apply to Cornell's law school because of Andy... even though he didn't go to their law school. And about this philosoraptor... the first time I saw his avatar the only thing I could think of was a game from last summer's LSAT involving green and red and yellow dinosaurs. I'm guessing he's much more affable than that game was.

I honestly thought for a good 30 seconds on my "Why Cornell" of just writing "Andy Bernard"
I hope so too, although the first time I did that game I did fine. It is just such a clever name.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Nothing too crazy, just odd. I would look into this more, but as time was going on, I considered Emory less and less. Maybe adcommz have ESP?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Matteliszt wrote:

I honestly thought for a good 30 seconds on my "Why Cornell" of just writing "Andy Bernard"
I hope so too, although the first time I did that game I did fine. It is just such a clever name.

waitttttt are you guys talking about the office???? omg! I actually get a popular culture reference!

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 pm

I went complete around 1/19 and still haven't heard a word. Come on Emory... I love you so much more than W&L.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

waitttttt are you guys talking about the office???? omg! I actually get a popular culture reference!

Yep.
Sib, if you get into Emory will you take it over Fordham(you are WL there right)?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Matteliszt wrote:

Yep.
Sib, if you get into Emory will you take it over Fordham(you are WL there right)?

I'm big on location right now, and right now I want NYC. I'll see what happens, though. If location is out of the picture, I'll only choose Emory if they give me more money than WashU.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 pm

I think we are in similar boats. I am WL at Fordham, and in at UNC. I think I will take UNC unless I hear from Emory/Fordham. I am WL at W & L but don't know how to feel.

*Edit* Just look at your numbers..nice..you'll get into Fordham and Emory for sure.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I think we are in similar boats. I am WL at Fordham, and in at UNC. I think I will take UNC unless I hear from Emory/Fordham. I am WL at W & L but don't know how to feel.

I got a scholly from W&L, but I'm really not big on the boonies (as in, I hate them)... and my boyfriend's in NY, so it'd be a huge hassle to manage to see him. Plus I think I want immigration law, in which case a nice big city is preferable.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

sibley wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:I think we are in similar boats. I am WL at Fordham, and in at UNC. I think I will take UNC unless I hear from Emory/Fordham. I am WL at W & L but don't know how to feel.

I got a scholly from W&L, but I'm really not big on the boonies (as in, I hate them)... and my boyfriend's in NY, so it'd be a huge hassle to manage to see him. Plus I think I want immigration law, in which case a nice big city is preferable.

I had no clue you were a girl...

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:18 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:

my legs are in my picture =(

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

*Edit* Just look at your numbers..nice..you'll get into Fordham and Emory for sure.

haaa i dunno about fordham - or even emory. this cycle is whacked.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:20 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:

Oh wow, I never paid attention to your Avatar and only noticed the chair....yup that's a girl sitting on the chair.

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:20 pm

sibley wrote:

haaa i dunno about fordham - or even emory. this cycle is whacked.

+1,000

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:21 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:

Oh wow, I never paid attention to your Avatar and only noticed the chair....yup that's a girl sitting on the chair.

lol. I know it's kind of a stupid avatar, but before it was a little fish saying 'not everyone has a castle' and everyone thought I was male even with that, so I thought I'd be a little more obvious while keeping a little anonymous.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:21 pm

I always thought your avatar was of a kid(sorry!). Sounds like Fordham is where you want to be then either way

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I always thought your avatar was of a kid(sorry!). Sounds like Fordham is where you want to be then either way

it's because the chair is huge! I love things that are bigger than they should be. my dream is to have a big comfy couch. or a ball pit room. or both. maybe a room with wall-to-wall mattress.

I'm actually leaning towards Cardozo. I don't want big law, and they offered me a nice amount of money. But I'm not positive anymore because I was hoping they'd offer me more aid and they seem to be saying no...

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm actually leaning towards Cardozo. I don't want big law, and they offered me a nice amount of money. But I'm not positive anymore because I was hoping they'd offer me more aid and they seem to be saying no...

That makes sense, so even over Emory? What are you going to do if you get off the UVA WL?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Matteliszt wrote:

That makes sense, so even over Emory? What are you going to do if you get off the UVA WL?

I won't get off the UVA WL. In undergrad I considered WL's as "they don't want me..." now it's just that I want to make a decision and get on with my life, and not be hanging around August still waiting. Plus finances are important to me, and the scholarship money is really the thing I want most...

Is Emory your top right now?

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 am

sibley wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:

Yep.

I'm big on location right now, and right now I want NYC. I'll see what happens, though. If location is out of the picture, I'll only choose Emory if they give me more money than WashU.

+1. I think ATL > STL, but that certainly gets trumped by $117K > $54K. I will try to negotiate, nothing to lose anyway.

sebastian0622

Postby sebastian0622 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 am

That's crazy, jman. Emory offered me twice as much as WUSTL. This law school thing can be a crapshoot sometimes, eh?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”