GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
holybartender

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby holybartender » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Andy y u h8n?

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:16 pm

no email and still DR 2/25 boooo

gl to the rest of you!!!!

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

just got the email from cornblatt!

LawQs

Postby LawQs » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

in!! best of luck to all

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

iamtaw wrote:just got the email from cornblatt!

you are all in? yay!!! now when is it us regular peeps' turns? ha.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Did any part time people hear today?

shadow.

Postby shadow. » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

am I the only SPWL-er still waiting to hear?

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Shellbelle wrote:am I the only SPWL-er still waiting to hear?

No.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

shadow. wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
shadow. wrote:oh shit DR!!

u r DR and from the regular wait list? dang! did they ever email u?

Regular WL, UR 4/15, DR 4/15

switched from both to PT

JUST GOT E-MAIL FROM CORNBLATT

INN

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

Congrats. [strike]Numbers?[/strike] Nevermind. I see them. Congrats again.
Last edited by jks289 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Shellbelle wrote:am I the only SPWL-er still waiting to hear?

nope. still quite a few.

shadow.

Postby shadow. » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Wait who got a FT in today? (not pt) numbers and e-mail date plz too?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Xizenta wrote:Wait who got a FT in today? (not pt) numbers and e-mail date plz too?

In FT today, 172, 3.3, not sure what you mean by email date

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Man, gotta say, it's tough watching this. Like Miss America, watching the other states get chosen for the next round... only I don't think your all bitches.

EDIT: Congrats, everyone.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Can I get a quick rundown of what's going on here? There's mentions of e-mails but I haven't figured it out searching a few pages back. Have non-preferred waitlisters gotten e-mails? Is there something I should be doing right now?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 pm

tesoro wrote:Can I get a quick rundown of what's going on here? There's mentions of e-mails but I haven't figured it out searching a few pages back. Have non-preferred waitlisters gotten e-mails? Is there something I should be doing right now?

Let me see if I can't catch you up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This past week some people on all different WL have recieved emails. They seem a little different, some say there is really only room left in PT, others are more optimistic, but they all ask for a response stating your interest. For some of the people who got those email their status checkers turned to UR again (back from DR for the Wl decision) and then to DR 4/1. Those people (all of them from what I can tell) got a wink wink nudge email from Andrew Cornblatt basically saying some happy mail was coming their way. These people were very happy and said things like "OMG" and WOOT." The rest of us cried. The end.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:20 pm

jks289 wrote:
tesoro wrote:Can I get a quick rundown of what's going on here? There's mentions of e-mails but I haven't figured it out searching a few pages back. Have non-preferred waitlisters gotten e-mails? Is there something I should be doing right now?

Let me see if I can't catch you up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This past week some people on all different WL have recieved emails. They seem a little different, some say there is really only room left in PT, others are more optimistic, but they all ask for a response stating your interest. For some of the people who got those email their status checkers turned to UR again (back from DR for the Wl decision) and then to DR 4/1. Those people (all of them from what I can tell) got a wink wink nudge email from Andrew Cornblatt basically saying some happy mail was coming their way. These people were very happy and said things like "OMG" and WOOT." The rest of us cried. The end.

Oook thanks. Status checker and inbox are both blank. But i'm on the lowest priority list, so this is expected. Good luck guys, congrats to whoever got in!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Last Wed./Thurs. some of the SPWLs and a couple of the PWLs (at least, in the TLS contained universe) got an email from Cornblatt saying that they expect some spaces to open up soon, and they wanted to gauge their interest, etc...

Some others on the SPWL received an email saying that there is not much of a possibility that many more of the SPWLs will be able to be offered openings, based on their evaluation of withdrawals/seat deposits, "as I sit here today."
Monday/Tuesday or so, us PWLs got an email saying that they "are planning" on offering openings to "few, if any" members of the PWL. Again, "as I sit here today."

In the latter email at least, he stressed that this is what they expect, but that things are known to chnge, and that by May 10 (a week after May3 deadline), they will give us a better idea.

Now, this afternoon, a handful of TLS SPWL folks (maybe one or two PWL also) have just either gone back to Under review or have been sent an acceptance email from Dean Cornblatt.

I think that covers it, though I am sure I messed up some finer points in there. I do not know if regular WL folks got any email update.

EDIT: I like jks's rundown better.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 pm

tommytahoe wrote:

Last Wed./Thurs. some of the SPWLs and a couple of the PWLs (at least, in the TLS contained universe) got an email from Cornblatt saying that they expect some spaces to open up soon, and they wanted to gauge their interest, etc...

Some others on the SPWL received an email saying that there is not much of a possibility that many more of the SPWLs will be able to be offered openings, based on their evaluation of withdrawals/seat deposits, "as I sit here today."
Monday/Tuesday or so, us PWLs got an email saying that they "are planning" on offering openings to "few, if any" members of the PWL. Again, "as I sit here today."

In the latter email at least, he stressed that this is what they expect, but that things are known to chnge, and that by May 10 (a week after May3 deadline), they will give us a better idea.

Now, this afternoon, a handful of TLS SPWL folks (maybe one or two PWL also) have just either gone back to Under review or have been sent an acceptance email from Dean Cornblatt.

I think that covers it, though I am sure I messed up some finer points in there. I do not know if regular WL folks got any email update.

Some regualr Wlers who had checked both FT and PT got an email saying it was basically PT or nothing and to write back for interest. Some of them (shadow) got accepted to PT today.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 pm

jks289 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

Some regualr Wlers who had checked both FT and PT got an email saying it was basically PT or nothing and to write back for interest. Some of them (shadow) got accepted to PT today.

Interesting. I was PT only from the get go, so that appears to explain the lack of e-mails.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Pretty sure I was on the regular WL, but I was PT only

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:30 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Pretty sure I was on the regular WL, but I was PT only

did you get e-mails?

Mattisgo

Postby Mattisgo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Did anyone who received the standard SPWL email yesterday get accepted? Or was it all Thursday email and PT people?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 pm

If I were to be offered PT as my only option, should I take it? I don't have any work/family constraints from doing PT except preference and not wanting to do an extra summer when I could be earning $$. I also have had a ton of waitlists and rejections, and expect to be going to Cardozo or UNC as back-up.
If I were to be sent a carefully worded question about my response to the IDEA of PT, how does one respond to that kind of thing?

Keep in mind I am a PWL, but do not really anticipate such a FT/PT email. Just wondering...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”