GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dk8

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby dk8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

r6_philly wrote:I am SPWL and I just got an update too, I suggest anyone who is on the SPWL and who wants to get in to send an LOCI right now.

Just got it too. I'm on so many waitlists right now that it's hard to know what to say to them all.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:03 am

Mine said "very few openings" and "most likely will be unable to offer you a spot" but "get in touch and express your level of interest, plans and deposit deadlines".

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

dk8 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am SPWL and I just got an update too, I suggest anyone who is on the SPWL and who wants to get in to send an LOCI right now.

Just got it too. I'm on so many waitlists right now that it's hard to know what to say to them all.

lol I have been waitlisted a bunch too but this is the only one I didn't withdraw from. I am hoping and wishing to get on another one this week though.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

MissLucky wrote:
purell2 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
purell2 wrote:Just got an update email. Anyone else?

An email asking for to update you interest or an email updating you? I didn't get anything.

Are you SPWL? The email subject was "Update from Georgetown" and essentially said that they have no openings now, but may be back with good news in the near future. It also asked that I "reconfirm" my interest.

I assumed it was a mass email that went out to all SPWL'ers today,,,

wtf??? no openings? omg this SUCKS. and i got no email. no gtown love for miss lucky

I'm sure this just means that at that time, they have filled all spots, but have also offered admission fr above what their class size is, as per standard operating procedure. As their first seat deposit is today, and their deadline for making scholarship offers to admitted students was a few days ago, there will be mass withdrawals over the next week or so. They will have openings before the end of the month, is my guess.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:09 am

r6_philly wrote:Mine said "very few openings" and "most likely will be unable to offer you a spot" but "get in touch and express your level of interest, plans and deposit deadlines".

just so nobody panics, there was an "as of now" after the "most likely will be unable to offer you a spot".

purell2

Postby purell2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am

yeah, and there was also:

"we may be back with good news in the next days or weeks, but we will be back in touch with you by the afternoon of Monday, May 10"

mstich

Postby mstich » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

Received the same email this morning. Might just pull out at this point considering I have $ from Cornell and I doubt anyone getting in off waitlist will get anything. Kind of annoying that the SPWL seems less and less "special".

foxyeconomist

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 am

I wonder why some of the SPWL's did not receive this. (I didn't get it either, jks89.) Could someone post the email in its entirety? Thanks.

purell2

Postby purell2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

foxyeconomist wrote:I wonder why some of the SPWL's did not receive this. (I didn't get it either, jks89.) Could someone post the email in its entirety? Thanks.

has your UR date changed? maybe they DO have a spot open for you

AppsAbound

Postby AppsAbound » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am

mstich wrote:Received the same email this morning. Might just pull out at this point considering I have $ from Cornell and I doubt anyone getting in off waitlist will get anything. Kind of annoying that the SPWL seems less and less "special".

+1

This has taken 6 months, and the "updates" never have any new information.
I withdrew my application via email and let them know I will be elsewhere in the fall.
I was special group preferred WL so hopefull this helps someone else out.

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 am

tommytahoe wrote:I'm sure this just means that at that time, they have filled all spots, but have also offered admission fr above what their class size is, as per standard operating procedure. As their first seat deposit is today, and their deadline for making scholarship offers to admitted students was a few days ago, there will be mass withdrawals over the next week or so. They will have openings before the end of the month, is my guess.

The first seat deposit isn't until May 3.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Revisionist wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:I'm sure this just means that at that time, they have filled all spots, but have also offered admission fr above what their class size is, as per standard operating procedure. As their first seat deposit is today, and their deadline for making scholarship offers to admitted students was a few days ago, there will be mass withdrawals over the next week or so. They will have openings before the end of the month, is my guess.

The first seat deposit isn't until May 3.

Oh really? I had no idea. Well, I guess the scholarship decisions have been prompting some pull-outs, then. Hmmm... That's a late seat deposit. So for us sad sacks (unite, sad sacks of the GT WL!!), if we don't get this special email, then maybe it's a safe bet to expect an offer only after seat deposit #2 in June or something. Assuming there is a seat deposit #2.

foxyeconomist

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 pm

purell2 wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:I wonder why some of the SPWL's did not receive this. (I didn't get it either, jks89.) Could someone post the email in its entirety? Thanks.

has your UR date changed? maybe they DO have a spot open for you

I wish! I'm still at DR 3/22.

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

can someone please post the email sent out in its entirety to this message board? i am curious and it would be very much appreciated.

chinagator

Postby chinagator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. The Committee has begun the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, with special attention to the small group of which you are a part. As I sit here today, there are very few openings and we most likely will not be able to offer you a seat as of now.

While it is very possible spots may open before then, the next important date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first deposits are due. With extension requests, I feel sure I will know much more on May 10, at the latest. Even if you have already been in touch with us, it would be helpful if you would respond at lawcenterwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know of the extent of your interest in attending Georgetown and any updates in your law school plans, including any upcoming deadlines.

Please note that if spaces do become available, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision. Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process. As I said, we may be back with good news in the next days or weeks, but we will be back in touch with you by the afternoon of Monday, May 10 for sure with an update.

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks for that. I assumed that's what was written, but the letter fills in the details. FYI, for those who did not receive this or a similar letter, I don't know if it would be smart to use that email provided, as if it is a straight line to the decision-makers or whatever. I am a PWL who did not receive this email, and at no time have I been asked to respond using the waitlist email provided above. This leads me to believe that it was meant for only those who received the above email. Just saying... I'm sure it crossed someone's mind, as it crossed my impulsively devious one. :roll:

dk8

Postby dk8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:51 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Thanks for that. I assumed that's what was written, but the letter fills in the details. FYI, for those who did not receive this or a similar letter, I don't know if it would be smart to use that email provided, as if it is a straight line to the decision-makers or whatever. I am a PWL who did not receive this email, and at no time have I been asked to respond using the waitlist email provided above. This leads me to believe that it was meant for only those who received the above email. Just saying... I'm sure it crossed someone's mind, as it crossed my impulsively devious one. :roll:

Yeah thats why I didn't post it, didn't want to be responsible for them getting bombed at that address. It's the first time I've been told to e-mail anything there.

nesnejnes06

Postby nesnejnes06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 pm

chinagator wrote:Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. The Committee has begun the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, with special attention to the small group of which you are a part. As I sit here today, there are very few openings and we most likely will not be able to offer you a seat as of now.

While it is very possible spots may open before then, the next important date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first deposits are due. With extension requests, I feel sure I will know much more on May 10, at the latest. Even if you have already been in touch with us, it would be helpful if you would respond at lawcenterwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know of the extent of your interest in attending Georgetown and any updates in your law school plans, including any upcoming deadlines.

Please note that if spaces do become available, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision. Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process. As I said, we may be back with good news in the next days or weeks, but we will be back in touch with you by the afternoon of Monday, May 10 for sure with an update.

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

wait...so to clarify...who received this?

what i mean is this: many of us received an email a few days ago informing us that we were a part of a small group and that they wanted us to respond indicating our continued interest. the small group included members of both the PWL and the SPWL, but was apparently smaller than the SPWL.

was this email sent out to members of the second small group, or to anyone else? did anyone receive both of those emails? if anyone did, i think it is safe for those of us who received the first email but not the second to infer that we could be the recipient of some fancy paper in the next few days.

anyone else thinking this? did anyone get both emails?

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

chinagator wrote:Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. The Committee has begun the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, with special attention to the small group of which you are a part. As I sit here today, there are very few openings and we most likely will not be able to offer you a seat as of now.

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

Got the exact same email, let me Cornyblattface know that I would be withdrawing my app.... too much waiting, won't get money, bla bla, i'm out. Gotta love the waitlist.

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Shlonster wrote:

Best,

Andrew Cornblatt

Got the exact same email, let me Cornyblattface know that I would be withdrawing my app.... too much waiting, won't get money, bla bla, i'm out. Gotta love the waitlist.

yes if you are not actually going to take the offer if you get off the wait list let him know! I was just visiting a school ranked slightly higher than Georgetown and I was talking to a student the just got off GULC's wait list. I was very annoyed because he hasn't withdrawn from Georgetown yet even though he told me he was positive that he would not attend. I know its difficult for some to take the final plunge and remove their name from the wait list, but if you are not interested and you stay on, you are putting those that do want to attend at a greater disadvantage.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I won't lie. I do take small comfort in the thinning of the list. Honestly, I don't think they have any money left, folks. In fact, I heard they have been asking WLers for extra thousands of dollars to help attract the 173/3.9 folks out there. You should all go to Virginia, or GWU with scads of dough. :wink:

bearsEATtrees

Postby bearsEATtrees » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:26 pm

"yes if you are not actually going to take the offer if you get off the wait list let him know! I was just visiting a school ranked slightly higher than Georgetown and I was talking to a student the just got off GULC's wait list. I was very annoyed because he hasn't withdrawn from Georgetown yet even though he told me he was positive that he would not attend. I know its difficult for some to take the final plunge and remove their name from the wait list, but if you are not interested and you stay on, you are putting those that do want to attend at a greater disadvantage."

+1

I have friends that are 100% not attending Gtown but won't remove themselves!

Though this whole thread has made me really depressed about my chances off of the lowly normal WL... oh well maybe I'll hear good news in AUGUST... anyone else planning on waiting it out till the bitter end?

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Me! This is my last shot at a t14, im on the SPWL for PT and just got the email this morning. I'm planning on writing an LOCI tonight. I would definitely got to GULC for sticker if I got in - in a fucking heartbeat!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:"yes if you are not actually going to take the offer if you get off the wait list let him know! I was just visiting a school ranked slightly higher than Georgetown and I was talking to a student the just got off GULC's wait list. I was very annoyed because he hasn't withdrawn from Georgetown yet even though he told me he was positive that he would not attend. I know its difficult for some to take the final plunge and remove their name from the wait list, but if you are not interested and you stay on, you are putting those that do want to attend at a greater disadvantage."

+1

Though this whole thread has made me really depressed about my chances off of the lowly normal WL... oh well maybe I'll hear good news in AUGUST... anyone else planning on waiting it out till the bitter end?

im in this for the long hall baby. my dream school. ride or die! ha.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:"yes if you are not actually going to take the offer if you get off the wait list let him know! I was just visiting a school ranked slightly higher than Georgetown and I was talking to a student the just got off GULC's wait list. I was very annoyed because he hasn't withdrawn from Georgetown yet even though he told me he was positive that he would not attend. I know its difficult for some to take the final plunge and remove their name from the wait list, but if you are not interested and you stay on, you are putting those that do want to attend at a greater disadvantage."

+1

It's a douchebag thing to do but they will be forcibly removed once they don't pay their deposits in May.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”