GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Okay, Georgetown. Please admit me in the next 2 weeks so I can [strike]seriously weigh my options before depositing at NU...[/strike] sleep at night

Fixed that for me.

Good luck! Is this your top choice at this point?

If NU decided to admit me off their hold list (or WL, if it goes that way), then I guess I'd have some thinking to do... but pretty much, yeah.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:21 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Okay, Georgetown. Please admit me in the next 2 weeks so I can [strike]seriously weigh my options before depositing at NU...[/strike] sleep at night

Fixed that for me.

If NU decided to admit me off their hold list (or WL, if it goes that way), then I guess I'd have some thinking to do... but pretty much, yeah.

I have faith you will get it. I think a lot of withdrawals are coming.

mkm41

Postby mkm41 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm

for those of you who received the email on thursday, did you send your reply to the address it was sent from? thats what i assumed we were supposed to do, but i just wanted to make sure they get it...

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:33 pm

mkm41 wrote:for those of you who received the email on thursday, did you send your reply to the address it was sent from? thats what i assumed we were supposed to do, but i just wanted to make sure they get it...

yep

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Fixed that for me.

+1 I am in the EXACT same boat

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

mkm41 wrote:for those of you who received the email on thursday, did you send your reply to the address it was sent from? thats what i assumed we were supposed to do, but i just wanted to make sure they get it...

yeah that's what i did too. it is pretty unnerving since there hasn't been a reply

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 pm

iamtaw wrote:

yeah that's what i did too. it is pretty unnerving since there hasn't been a reply

Taw, are you flipping out as much as I am? I'm trying to manage my expectations (learned to do that quite well this cycle), but this seems pretty promising. Am I right?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 pm

iamtaw wrote:

Taw, are you flipping out as much as I am? I'm trying to manage my expectations (learned to do that quite well this cycle), but this seems pretty promising. Am I right?

I got this email this morning. I applied both pt/ft. I had completely written GUCL off since I got regular and not spwl or eve pwl, and was basically told they never pull from that group (for full time at least). Now I think maybe there is some kind of shot at part time....

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

jks289 wrote:I got this email this morning. I applied both pt/ft. I had completely written GUCL off since I got regular and not spwl or eve pwl, and was basically told they never pull from that group (for full time at least). Now I think maybe there is some kind of shot at part time....

Slightly different e-mails, I think, with the part-time consideration being the difference. Pretty sure Xizenta and maybe some others got a similar one to yours last week. The strategy seems to be the same, though. They're trying to determine who will actually matriculate, giving them the closest to maximum yield for their open spots. At least, I hope that's what they're doing. I'm horribly, horribly biased, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Will it hurt the FT chances to say that now as a result of your current situation/cycle/schollies, you are no longer interested in part time? (This coming from a regular WLer)

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Xizenta wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
Xizenta wrote:Anyone hear anything since responding to that e-mail on thursday to confirm interest?

I was asked about both PT and FT programs. I said i would have to think about it with the part time admission, but would accept full-time outright. Haven't heard anything since, hope that doesn't make me seem uninterested or put me out of the race. They DID say that they have almost no spots left in FT. :(

Haven't heard anything yet. I assume we won't until after the seat deposit deadline (on the 15th, right?). I applied FT only, and no mention of the PT program was made in my e-mail. They did mention, however, that they anticipated a few seats opening up, so I figured they meant FT seats. And fwiw, crossing your fingers for a week is REALLY hard.

Hey, EB, when did they tell you this nugget of info. (see bolded above)? I have a very strong supplementary letter of rec. that I am going to toss in their lap along with LOCI #2 and updated resume. The LOR will be ready Monday or Tuesday, so I will be sending that stuff 2-day, maybe overnight if I need to.

Did you get the e-mail about reconfirming interest on thursday?

wtf? is that real? they already know that they have almost no spots left in FT? whats going on? fill me innnn i havent been following this

dk8

Postby dk8 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm

MissLucky wrote:wtf? is that real? they already know that they have almost no spots left in FT? whats going on? fill me innnn i havent been following this

I'd take what they say to someone they are trying to convince to take a PT spot with a grain of salt. It could be true but I wouldn't freak out until after their actual deposit deadline.

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm

iamtaw wrote:

yeah i'm kinda freaking out. i had pretty much resigned to going to uiuc with a scholly since i would love to work in chicago. but making it into gtown would be an opportunity that's too hard too pass up. i came into the cycle thinking t14 would be no problem. boy was i wrong. so now i'm checking my status checker every hour or so, even though they mentioned in the email that they expected spaces to open up in a week or two... realistically they'll have a few withdrawals from now until may 1. at that point there will be a chunk of seats opening up. i think they just started to move on the seats they have now so they can A) get some deposit $$$ flowing.
B) give us a break

but to answer your question, yes. it does look promising.

lil'monique

Postby lil'monique » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 pm

What do you guys think about the April 15th website/email expressed deadline to inform us of a definite decision?
Maybe any people left on the wl at this date just gets cut

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 am

i didn't get the email from georgetown last week to confirm my interest. can someone please copy it to this forum for those of us that did not receive it?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

lil'monique wrote:What do you guys think about the April 15th website/email expressed deadline to inform us of a definite decision?
Maybe any people left on the wl at this date just gets cut

wtf?
what is going on?
im on the wl and no email to confirm interest yet. am i screwed?

Edit: regular wl too. so yeah i probably am :(

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:23 am

I have no idea what I want to do with my top 20 acceptances vs the now distinct possibility of gtown part time. I'm not sure gtown is good enough to justify going part time when i really dont want to.

memaha

Postby memaha » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 am

imisscollege wrote:I have no idea what I want to do with my top 20 acceptances vs the now distinct possibility of gtown part time. I'm not sure gtown is good enough to justify going part time when i really dont want to.

I don't belong in this thread anymore, but if it helps, switching from PT to FT at gtown is pretty easy. You only have to be PT for a year and then take two courses during the summers to catch up.

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 pm

i didn't get the email from georgetown last week to confirm my interest. can someone please copy it to this forum for those of us that did not receive it?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:i didn't get the email from georgetown last week to confirm my interest. can someone please copy it to this forum for those of us that did not receive it?

It is just a letter saying they are evaluating applications and the committee has requested that you indicate your level of interest in attending. They request a response to the email, but it is a basic form letter.

purell2

Postby purell2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:34 pm

has anyone (SPWL) received an official acceptance recently?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 pm

purell2 wrote:has anyone (SPWL) received an official acceptance recently?

I'm fairly certain that a handful were, back in late March, but I'll let them speak for themselves.
Maybe the thread has some evidence of that.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
purell2 wrote:has anyone (SPWL) received an official acceptance recently?

I'm fairly certain that a handful were, back in late March, but I'll let them speak for themselves.
Maybe the thread has some evidence of that.

I don't know how recently the OP wants. I was accepted off of the SPWL back on March 15th. I, along with several others, were the first people off. There's a general waitlist thread, and apparently those who were originally pulled off had LSATs above the 75th percentile. If memory serves me right, others have been pulled from the SPWL since then. I'd check this thread and the GULC main thread to see when this happened.

GULC's scholarship deadline was yesterday. It stands to reason that they're going to have a clearer picture of their seat needs after they sort through the data.

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:48 pm

does anyone have a sense of how many people are still on the wait list at this point (i.e. been told by someone in the admissions office?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:does anyone have a sense of how many people are still on the wait list at this point (i.e. been told by someone in the admissions office?

+1. VERY interested in this as well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”