GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dk8

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby dk8 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Thanks to taw, pertristis, and everybody else.

Shellbelle: I am not special group, just plain-old vanilla PWL.

it seems that the "special group" is officially no longer special.

is April 15 some sort of deadline for GULC?

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

I did not get this email, and I'm a PWLer. I'm hoping that is because they recieved my LOCI a few weeks ago in which i reiterated my interest in the school and said Gtown is my top choice, and not because they plan on rejecting me.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:I did not get this email, and I'm a PWLer. I'm hoping that is because they recieved my LOCI a few weeks ago in which i reiterated my interest in the school and said Gtown is my top choice, and not because they plan on rejecting me.

you won't get rejected. you just won't get let in with the next wave.

I'm on the SPWL and didn't get it either. Originally I was treating this waitlist as one that I thought I had a good chance of getting off of. I'm think it's a crapshoot now.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

quick question for those who received the e-mail. did you get it from your WL contact? if so, who was it?

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm

dk8 wrote:quick question for those who received the e-mail. did you get it from your WL contact? if so, who was it?

nope. it was signed by dean cornblatt but sent from a generic waitlist email address

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 pm

iamtaw wrote:
dk8 wrote:quick question for those who received the e-mail. did you get it from your WL contact? if so, who was it?

nope. it was signed by dean cornblatt but sent from a generic waitlist email address

thanks. have you been sending locis?

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:45 pm

dk8 wrote:
iamtaw wrote:

thanks. have you been sending locis?

i have sent 3 since being placed on the spwl in mid february.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:48 pm

iamtaw wrote:i have sent 3 since being placed on the spwl in mid february.

You've got me beat, I sent only one, but I also visited in Feb. And ditto on the generic e-mail address from Cornblatt.

nesnejnes06

Postby nesnejnes06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 pm

anyone get any info about whether they want another LOCI for this? I asked, but havent received a response yet. I've already sent more than 1 so...i'm a bit confused.

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:17 pm

hmmm this is odd indeed.

Either the special group is not so special - or they may anticipate reaching beyond us into the priority list.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Shellbelle wrote:hmmm this is odd indeed.

Either the special group is not so special - or they may anticipate reaching beyond us into the priority list.

Perhaps you have just been in contact more recently than the people who received the email? The group IS special, dont get discouraged.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Just withdrew my acceptance from GULC - good luck to those of you on the WL!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

You've got me beat, I sent only one, but I also visited in Feb. And ditto on the generic e-mail address from Cornblatt.

What did you do on your visit? Did you get to speak with an Adcomm member?

dk8

Postby dk8 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

MissLucky wrote:

What did you do on your visit? Did you get to speak with an Adcomm member?

interested in that too. i think i'm gonna roll up there on monday

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:33 pm

MissLucky wrote:What did you do on your visit? Did you get to speak with an Adcomm member?

Nope, just took a tour and talked to a couple of students.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Anyone hear anything since responding to that e-mail on thursday to confirm interest?

I was asked about both PT and FT programs. I said i would have to think about it with the part time admission, but would accept full-time outright. Haven't heard anything since, hope that doesn't make me seem uninterested or put me out of the race. They DID say that they have almost no spots left in FT. :(

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Xizenta wrote:They DID say that they have almost no spots left in FT. :(

I am sure hoping that that changes in time (ie, as more students withdraw).

I am anticipating the possibility that if I am offered ANY admission off the PWL (not likely), it would be in a PT capacity. Although it is well-known that the transfer from PT to FT is very doable, I would have to decide. I'd probably go with it...

Anybody know when their second seat deposit date is? Their first was on the early side, so I'm going to guess June 1st.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Xizenta wrote:Anyone hear anything since responding to that e-mail on thursday to confirm interest?

I was asked about both PT and FT programs. I said i would have to think about it with the part time admission, but would accept full-time outright. Haven't heard anything since, hope that doesn't make me seem uninterested or put me out of the race. They DID say that they have almost no spots left in FT. :(

Haven't heard anything yet. I assume we won't until after the seat deposit deadline (on the 15th, right?). I applied FT only, and no mention of the PT program was made in my e-mail. They did mention, however, that they anticipated a few seats opening up, so I figured they meant FT seats. And fwiw, crossing your fingers for a week is REALLY hard.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Xizenta wrote:Anyone hear anything since responding to that e-mail on thursday to confirm interest?

Haven't heard anything yet. I assume we won't until after the seat deposit deadline (on the 15th, right?). I applied FT only, and no mention of the PT program was made in my e-mail. They did mention, however, that they anticipated a few seats opening up, so I figured they meant FT seats. And fwiw, crossing your fingers for a week is REALLY hard.

Hey, EB, when did they tell you this nugget of info. (see bolded above)? I have a very strong supplementary letter of rec. that I am going to toss in their lap along with LOCI #2 and updated resume. The LOR will be ready Monday or Tuesday, so I will be sending that stuff 2-day, maybe overnight if I need to.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 pm

tommytahoe wrote:

Hey, EB, when did they tell you this nugget of info. (see bolded above)? I have a very strong supplementary letter of rec. that I am going to toss in their lap along with LOCI #2 and updated resume. The LOR will be ready Monday or Tuesday, so I will be sending that stuff 2-day, maybe overnight if I need to.

Did you get the e-mail about reconfirming interest on thursday?

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:17 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Hey, EB, when did they tell you this nugget of info. (see bolded above)? I have a very strong supplementary letter of rec. that I am going to toss in their lap along with LOCI #2 and updated resume. The LOR will be ready Monday or Tuesday, so I will be sending that stuff 2-day, maybe overnight if I need to.

Same e-mail.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Hey, EB, when did they tell you this nugget of info. (see bolded above)? I have a very strong supplementary letter of rec. that I am going to toss in their lap along with LOCI #2 and updated resume. The LOR will be ready Monday or Tuesday, so I will be sending that stuff 2-day, maybe overnight if I need to.

Same e-mail.

Cool, thanks. Well, it's heavy sledding either way. I'm a distinct outlier, so my new materials will probably have to actually reach inside their chests and touch their hearts for me to gain admission. :? Here's hoping.

[edited for grammar...]

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Okay, Georgetown. Please admit me in the next 2 weeks so I can seriously weigh my options before depositing at NU...

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Okay, Georgetown. Please admit me in the next 2 weeks so I can [strike]seriously weigh my options before depositing at NU...[/strike] sleep at night

Fixed that for me.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Okay, Georgetown. Please admit me in the next 2 weeks so I can [strike]seriously weigh my options before depositing at NU...[/strike] sleep at night

Fixed that for me.

Good luck! Is this your top choice at this point?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”