GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gobears09

Bronze

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by gobears09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 pm

beef wellington wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
beef wellington wrote::shock: just went UR 3/31

171 3.2

Check yr status!
ME TOO!! AGH!

....Do you think were getting in? What does this mean?! I might have a heart attack.
I like our chances. Did you apply FT/PT?
Just FT. Im afraid to speculate.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Are y'all SPWLers? I am a PWL, and my status hasn't changed. I imagine you are all the March 22nd folks.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:13 pm

SPWL, no update. If I don't get in in the next round, I'm depositing at NU...

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Are y'all SPWLers? I am a PWL, and my status hasn't changed. I imagine you are all the March 22nd folks.
Yes I am SPWL, and I was DR 3/22 originally

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 pm

gobears09 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:Are y'all SPWLers? I am a PWL, and my status hasn't changed. I imagine you are all the March 22nd folks.
Did you send a LOCI? That was after a bunch of 3/19's. You must be getting in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
gobears09 wrote:

Dont get me too excited now... but I just read back several pages through the thread and am feeling incredibly optimistic for BeefWellington and myself.

I sent an LOCI on 3/25 and received a same day response.

GoNU

New

Post by GoNU » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:43 pm

gobears09 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gobears09 wrote:

Dont get me too excited now... but I just read back several pages through the thread and am feeling incredibly optimistic for BeefWellington and myself.

So your spwl letter said mid april like mine and they just gave u another decision?

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:44 pm

congrats dudes. i'm jealous as hell. hopefully there will be more of this as people start withdrawing.

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

gobears09 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gobears09 wrote:

How was their response? also, you sent it by e-mail or what?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Congrats! I didn't write a LOCI and it makes sense you guys are going UR before me and other 3/19. I am waiting for aid info from Michigan but I don't think I can get anything from gtown anyway. So there will probably be 1 less competitor off the SPWL. They will probably just defer me to regular PWL anyway without a LOCI.

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Xizenta wrote: How was their response? also, you sent it by e-mail or what?
Emailed to my direct contact, their response said basically "Thanks for you email and continued interest and updates to your app, for now theres nothing else you need to do, contact me if you need too."
GoNU wrote:So your spwl letter said mid april like mine and they just gave u another decision?
My original SPWL email said I would be updated no later than mid April, and I dont have another decision, just went back UR 3/31.
dk8 wrote:congrats dudes. i'm jealous as hell. hopefully there will be more of this as people start withdrawing.
Thank you :) It seems like this has been happening for some time going back several pages through the thread, however, it hasnt actually happened to me yet!

purell2

New

Re: The Caboose of the T13 2010 WL'ers

Post by purell2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 am

why did the subject of this thread change?...

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 am

hey, for additionally letters of rec - how should the recommender send them? to LSAC just like with the original letters of rec or does GT have a specific protocal for after the wait list? thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

memaha

Bronze

Post by memaha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 am

purell2 wrote:why did the subject of this thread change?...
check your calendar :)

purell2

New

Post by purell2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:45 am

haha :) ah.... i see

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

MissLucky wrote:hey, for additionally letters of rec - how should the recommender send them? to LSAC just like with the original letters of rec or does GT have a specific protocol for after the wait list? thanks!
I want to know the answer to this as well. It's important to note that GULC has a max of 4 LORs on the LSAC website, so any of you eager enough to send them 4 in your application may need a way around this. That particular snafu may happen to me with another school down the road, so I'm curious how one would get around that.

Also, if I'm sending them a supplementary LOR as well as an updated transcript and resume, how do I ensure that LSAC knows to send them all as a new packet of info.?

EDIT: OK, that was some clever web editing, folks. I type GULC, out comes The Caboose of the T13 on the other side... as evidenced by this edit as well. :)

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:09 am

tommytahoe wrote:
MissLucky wrote:hey, for additionally letters of rec - how should the recommender send them? to LSAC just like with the original letters of rec or does GT have a specific protocol for after the wait list? thanks!
I want to know the answer to this as well. It's important to note that The Caboose of the T13 has a max of 4 LORs on the LSAC website, so any of you eager enough to send them 4 in your application may need a way around this. That particular snafu may happen to me with another school down the road, so I'm curious how one would get around that.

Also, if I'm sending them a supplementary LOR as well as an updated transcript and resume, how do I ensure that LSAC knows to send them all as a new packet of info.?

EDIT: OK, that was some clever web editing, folks. I type The Caboose of the T13, out comes The Caboose of the T13 on the other side... as evidenced by this edit as well. :)
hey I called and I did send in 4 through LSAC - i'm just having my recommender send it directly to the admissions office

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am

MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
I want to know the answer to this as well. It's important to note that The Caboose of the T13 has a max of 4 LORs on the LSAC website, so any of you eager enough to send them 4 in your application may need a way around this. That particular snafu may happen to me with another school down the road, so I'm curious how one would get around that.

EDIT: OK, that was some clever web editing, folks. I type The Caboose of the T13, out comes The Caboose of the T13 on the other side... as evidenced by this edit as well. :)
hey I called and I did send in 4 through LSAC - i'm just having my recommender send it directly to the admissions office
You called "said law school?" Or you called LSAC?

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am

tommytahoe wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

You called "said lawl skool?" Or you called LSAC?
called GT

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:34 am

MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote: I want to know the answer to this as well. It's important to note that The Caboose of the T13 has a max of 4 LORs on the LSAC website, so any of you eager enough to send them 4 in your application may need a way around this. That particular snafu may happen to me with another school down the road, so I'm curious how one would get around that.

You called "said lawl skool?" Or you called LSAC?
called GT
Wow, I stumbled into more April Fools.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am

Good to see some other PWLers, so does it seem like we'll really be waiting until May for any sort of movement?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:Good to see some other PWLers, so does it seem like we'll really be waiting until May for any sort of movement?
Yeah, I suspect that for most PWLers, any news before May is probably bad news.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:Good to see some other PWLers, so does it seem like we'll really be waiting until May for any sort of movement?
after that imo. still alot of people on the SPWL and who knows if all of us will get off. I think a good percentage will.

tommytahoe wrote:
Yeah, I suspect that for most PWLers, any news before May is probably bad news.
There's no way they'll reject you any of you before May. There's just no reason to. Most schools don't start cutting their waitlists until around August if at all.

daagermy1

New

Post by daagermy1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 pm

On LSN, seeing a solid trend over the last week of what seems to be acceptance and WL withdraws. Hopefully good news for us all going into April!

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

DR 3/22 (SPWL) --> UR 3/31 --> DR 4/1 :shock:

I hope this isnt an april fools joke.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”