GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
miamiman

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby miamiman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:12 pm

ill be going to uchicago.

FU gulc.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Got SPWL'd on 2/2, got the same email as everyone else earlier today. A lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

weee

Postby weee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm

I had originally sent a loci after going SPWL on 3/15. I realized I have really already narrowed my choice to two schools so I withdrew today. Good luck everyone

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Anyone out there on the SPWL or PWL for the PT program?

I am PWL for PT... wondering how many are on it as well. Thank you!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:01 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Anyone out there on the SPWL or PWL for the PT program?

wondering the same but for the regular waitlist PT peeps. represent!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I am PWL for PT as well.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm

MissLucky wrote:

I'm on the regular WL for both and I have a hard time believing they'll even get to this list. I haven't been keeping up, but has anyone on the regular contacted admissions telling them they wanted to stay on? I haven't because they basically said don't contact us. we'll contact you in May if we're interested. And they advised to commit somewhere else.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 pm

+1 PT PWL

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:24 pm

danidancer wrote:

+1 PT PWL

+1 PT SPWL

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

New addition to special group on PWL.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm starting to get the feeling there's nothing actually special about the SPWL. Georgetown's just trying to make us all feel like winners when in fact we have lost.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 pm

holybartender wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling there's nothing actually special about the SPWL. Georgetown's just trying to make us all feel like winners when in fact we have lost.

+1

weee

Postby weee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm

holybartender wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling there's nothing actually special about the SPWL. Georgetown's just trying to make us all feel like winners when in fact we have lost.

Aside from the fact that people on the previous SPWL round already reported getting in? It can't be all bad.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 pm

weee wrote:

Aside from the fact that people on the previous SPWL round already reported getting in? It can't be all bad.

Someone inquired a few months ago and the admissions office said there were only about 20 people on it. The numbers don't really support that estimation.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

holybartender wrote:
weee wrote:

Someone inquired a few months ago and the admissions office said there were only about 20 people on it. The numbers don't really support that estimation.

so 50 or so people on a special list is not special whereas 20 is?

I think it's better to consider your position relative to the entire waiting list pool, most of which will not get a spot...at least not before you do. that's special, imo.
Last edited by unknownscholar on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
holybartender wrote:
weee wrote:

so 50 or so people on a special list is not special whereas 20 is?

I think it's better to consider your position relative to the entire waiting list pool. that's special, imo.

for a list to special it needs to be 30 ppl or less IMO

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

personally...I'd feel it was more special if they didn't keep bumping people from priority to special priority. Just a thought...

here's to hoping they just let all of us on SPWL in via bulk email come April :)

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Shellbelle wrote:personally...I'd feel it was more special if they didn't keep bumping people from priority to special priority. Just a thought...

here's to hoping they just let all of us on SPWL in via bulk email come April :)

thereby diminishing its significance.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Shellbelle wrote:personally...I'd feel it was more special if they didn't keep bumping people from priority to special priority. Just a thought...

They've been bumping people from PWL to SPWL? This is news to me!

weee

Postby weee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 pm

holybartender wrote:
weee wrote:

I think I figured out the "special" waitlist, they have figured out who some of the applicants are on TLS and decided to tell them they are on some special list. Really everyone's just on the priority list and they just wanted to throw out some fictional group to drive the members of this board insane with speculations.

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm

PWLers, who do we address our LOCIs to? SPWLers were given a specific contact.....

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm

danidancer wrote:

They've been bumping people from PWL to SPWL? This is news to me!

I thought someone posted the other day that they went from PWL to SPWL...maybe I'm mistaken? Either way - not currently feeling so fabulously special.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

I'm on the regular WL for both and I have a hard time believing they'll even get to this list. I haven't been keeping up, but has anyone on the regular contacted admissions telling them they wanted to stay on? I haven't because they basically said don't contact us. we'll contact you in May if we're interested. And they advised to commit somewhere else.

don't like what you commented - like your avatar! haha. i dont see the need to be so negative...i actually have quite a bit of hope and positive feeling. who is with me for us regular PT waitlisters? =)

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Regular, non-special WL'ed on Friday. GULC is my first choice so I'll send a LOCI but I am not particularly optimistic at this point.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 pm

MissLucky wrote:
don't like what you commented - like your avatar! haha. i dont see the need to be so negative...i actually have quite a bit of hope and positive feeling. who is with me for us regular PT waitlisters? =)

I didn't find it to be negative. certainly not "so negative." I do have a hard time believing they'll get to the list, but that stems from what they stated in their email, which was to commit elsewhere. But I would have withdrawn if I thought there was no chance. Maybe that helps.

fwiw, I'm happy I've made it this far. the statistics were against me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”