GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:08 pm

danidancer wrote:Interesting. I wonder what the odds are from the regular PWL?

No idea, but if you want to comb through that thread, I would love some more data to obsess over.

MissLucky

Silver

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:11 pm

MissLucky wrote:anyone know how many people are put on the PT waitlist?

anyone?

danidancer

Silver

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
danidancer wrote:Interesting. I wonder what the odds are from the regular PWL?

No idea, but if you want to comb through that thread, I would love some more data to obsess over.

Haha. I very well might at some point. Probably this weekend. Crazy busy at work right now. :D

danidancer

Silver

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:44 pm

MissLucky wrote:
MissLucky wrote:anyone know how many people are put on the PT waitlist?

anyone?

No idea, but I'm PT and on the PWL. A bit surprised as well, since I made it pretty clear I wasn't just using PT as a back door and have pretty competitive numbers for PT. SIGH.

pertristis

Bronze

Postby pertristis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Goof afternoon all,

Apparently I get to be the first person to give news of good news: I was admitted off the special group of the preferred waitlist. The revised decision date wasn't a fluke: my admissions letter was mailed yesterday.

Best of luck to all still on.

MissLucky

Silver

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:52 pm

pertristis wrote:Goof afternoon all,

Apparently I get to be the first person to give news of good news: I was admitted off the special group of the preferred waitlist. The revised decision date wasn't a fluke: my admissions letter was mailed yesterday.

oh snap! CONGRATS! that was pretty tame for someone just accepted. man i don't know what i'd do if I got in.....gluck to the special peeps who apparently are hearing now =)

beef wellington

Silver

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Congrats! M-I-Z-

edit: did you write a LOCI?

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Postby DanInALionsDen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Can you access the admitted students site yet? I went DR on 3/15 after being placed on the special preferred waitlist. I haven't received an email from GULC, and since rejections of WLs come by email, I'm hoping that's a good thing. However, I still can't access the admitted students website. Hmmm.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Slightly suspicious that this begins with "GOOF afternoon," but otherwise congratulations!

iamtaw

Bronze

Postby iamtaw » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:14 pm

congrats!

nowinGA

Bronze

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Congrats! Great to see some movement...now let's keep this momentum going!

pertristis

Bronze

Postby pertristis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:58 pm

My first post was a bit short—it was scrawled out on my phone outside of the GULC Admissions Office. (I'm not sure how different this post is, scrawled out on my phone on a sofa at an IKEA.)

Tame, perhaps. I'm excited, nonetheless. Perhaps, I'm also just tremendously relieved. This is my first acceptance at a T14. In the course of two years, I've gone from a college dropout to being accepted at (at least) one of the best law schools in the country.

I did not write a LOCI per se. I did send Ms. Sims a few questions and let them know I would be visiting today. If that made a difference, I don't know; my acceptance was mailed yesterday, and I'm not sure if the committee knew I was popping in.

And finally, the proper response: m-i-z-E-R-Y. Rock Chalk!

pertristis

Bronze

Postby pertristis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Slightly suspicious that this begins with "GOOF afternoon," but otherwise congratulations!

That's what I get for quick iPhone posts!

beef wellington

Silver

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:02 pm

pertristis wrote:And finally, the proper response: m-i-z-E-R-Y. Rock Chalk!

:evil: from your profile I assumed you were a Tiger who didn't want to end up at their lawl school... :oops: That's the second time this week a KU fan has ruined my M-I-Z-

acdisagod

Bronze

Postby acdisagod » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Also got decision rendered 3/15. Is this a good sign...? It seems like since they havent emailed me yet it is. Also, it seems strange that they would ding someone from spwl this quickly.

tommytahoe

Silver

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 pm

OK, haven't been on the thread for a while. Anybody want to tell me if folks from the regular PWL have been getting admitted? I'm lazy. And studying. I sent a LOCI last week that stopped just short of Cyrano de Bergerac territory. We'll see if I get admitted, or get a date.

nycdweller

New

Postby nycdweller » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Thought I could go thru my entire cycle without posting once on TLS --- but i'm gonna get suckered in. At least maybe I can be another useful reference point for all the other WLers
Last edited by nycdweller on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beef wellington

Silver

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 am

The people presumably getting in on off the SPWL now have such good numbers that I can't fathom why they weren't just admitted in the first place.

I don't think it's premature to congratulate everyone with a DR. We know it's not a WL, and they're not going to start rejecting from the SPWL in March before they've even hit a seat deposit deadline, let alone rejected the lower tiers of the WL.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 am

tommytahoe wrote:OK, haven't been on the thread for a while. Anybody want to tell me if folks from the regular PWL have been getting admitted? I'm lazy. And studying. I sent a LOCI last week that stopped just short of Cyrano de Bergerac territory. We'll see if I get admitted, or get a date.

Nothing so far for us PWL plebs.

tommytahoe

Silver

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 am

tommytahoe wrote:OK, haven't been on the thread for a while. Anybody want to tell me if folks from the regular PWL have been getting admitted? I'm lazy. And studying. I sent a LOCI last week that stopped just short of Cyrano de Bergerac territory. We'll see if I get admitted, or get a date.

Nothing so far for us PWL plebs.

The beat goes on... and on.

IHaveDietMoxie

Bronze

Postby IHaveDietMoxie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:06 am

same, spwl, decision rendered on the 15th, no email.

pelmen74

Bronze

Postby pelmen74 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:

Can you access the admitted students site yet? I went DR on 3/15 after being placed on the special preferred waitlist. I haven't received an email from GULC, and since rejections of WLs come by email, I'm hoping that's a good thing. However, I still can't access the admitted students website. Hmmm.

+1, anyone get access to the student's side who had a DR 3/15?

GermX

Silver

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm

DR 3/17, no access yet, can you post the link here so I know for sure I'm doing the right one?

God this is so tense. I am dying to go to this school. I really think I gave forth a great application but man, its unfortunate my GPA was a 3.4 (LSAT was a solid 169, its not great but not bad right?), ugh hopefully Georgetown will see past my unfortunate ONE bad semester (1 C, 2 Bs and 1 A=3.0 gpa=down to 3.4)...every other semester has been a 3.7+ ever since.

*Crosses fingers*

So let me get this straight though, if you're rejected or waitlited, do you get it in the e-mail?

beef wellington

Silver

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 pm

GermX wrote:DR 3/17, no access yet, can you post the link here so I know for sure I'm doing the right one?

God this is so tense. I am dying to go to this school. I really think I gave forth a great application but man, its unfortunate my GPA was a 3.4 (LSAT was a solid 169, its not great but not bad right?), ugh hopefully Georgetown will see past my unfortunate ONE bad semester (1 C, 2 Bs and 1 A=3.0 gpa=down to 3.4)...every other semester has been a 3.7+ ever since.

*Crosses fingers*

So let me get this straight though, if you're rejected or waitlited, do you get it in the e-mail?

Rejections and WLs are emailed, yes. But you're already WL'ed right? Which tier? Also, did you write a LOCI?

edit: nm, just saw your post in the larger GULC thread. Good luck on your DR, hope you didn't jinx it by posting in the WL thread :wink:
Last edited by beef wellington on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX

Silver

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Not waitlisted at all. Just decision rendered. Should I be excited that I didn't get any e-mail?

Jesus christ I am going to be rabidly checking my e-mail every second and praying that GULC doesn't e-mail me. lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?