GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
berkeleykel06
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby berkeleykel06 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 pm

ilovelamp18 wrote:
purell2 wrote:I'm also "special" preferred.. and honestly, I think this "DR 3/15" movement may very well be the first round of WL acceptances (particularly because tls users in this group seem to have very strong stats). Unfortunately, I haven't had any movement :(


I hope you're right about the acceptances, but I feel for those that haven't seen any movement. Don't forget though that the SPWL email said 3/22 not the 15th... so perhaps they are doing 2 waves... spreading out their timing and allowing a few more withdraws from both accepted students and people on the waitlists. This would make sense, there are so many people withdrawing from stuff this time of year, a week can go a long way towards helping schools make safer/more informed decisions.


Why would they act on the WL already when there are so many people who still don't have any decision at all? I'm not understanding adcomm at all right now.

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 pm

berkeleykel06 wrote:
ilovelamp18 wrote:
purell2 wrote:I'm also "special" preferred.. and honestly, I think this "DR 3/15" movement may very well be the first round of WL acceptances (particularly because tls users in this group seem to have very strong stats). Unfortunately, I haven't had any movement :(


I hope you're right about the acceptances, but I feel for those that haven't seen any movement. Don't forget though that the SPWL email said 3/22 not the 15th... so perhaps they are doing 2 waves... spreading out their timing and allowing a few more withdraws from both accepted students and people on the waitlists. This would make sense, there are so many people withdrawing from stuff this time of year, a week can go a long way towards helping schools make safer/more informed decisions.


Why would they act on the WL already when there are so many people who still don't have any decision at all? I'm not understanding adcomm at all right now.


I think that it's been decided that the special preferred WL is either 1) YP, or 2) "Whoops, we've already admitted too many people; otherwise you'd be in, as we really want you." If 2) obtained, if enough people withdrew, they could be bringing the people they had to put on the SPWL in.

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby purell2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 pm

pertristis wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
ilovelamp18 wrote:
purell2 wrote:I'm also "special" preferred.. and honestly, I think this "DR 3/15" movement may very well be the first round of WL acceptances (particularly because tls users in this group seem to have very strong stats). Unfortunately, I haven't had any movement :(


I hope you're right about the acceptances, but I feel for those that haven't seen any movement. Don't forget though that the SPWL email said 3/22 not the 15th... so perhaps they are doing 2 waves... spreading out their timing and allowing a few more withdraws from both accepted students and people on the waitlists. This would make sense, there are so many people withdrawing from stuff this time of year, a week can go a long way towards helping schools make safer/more informed decisions.


Why would they act on the WL already when there are so many people who still don't have any decision at all? I'm not understanding adcomm at all right now.


I think that it's been decided that the special preferred WL is either 1) YP, or 2) "Whoops, we've already admitted too many people; otherwise you'd be in, as we really want you." If 2) obtained, if enough people withdrew, they could be bringing the people they had to put on the SPWL in.



Yup, I don't think the special group is a true waitlist. More like a hold....

berkeleykel06
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby berkeleykel06 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 pm

purell2 wrote:Yup, I don't think the special group is a true waitlist. More like a hold....


Why did they feel the need to send out waitlists then? Why not just leave everyone under review?

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 pm

berkeleykel06 wrote:
purell2 wrote:Yup, I don't think the special group is a true waitlist. More like a hold....


Why did they feel the need to send out waitlists then? Why not just leave everyone under review?


So then, would it be fair to say that if the special group is more of a hold, then the preferred waitlist only group is like the upper echelon of the waitlist, and that GULC won't even look at the preferred only until all the specials have either accepted an offer or withdrawn? Or is it just admissions magics?

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby purell2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm

haha.... I think they are just trying to drive us all insane. "Special" preferred: it's almost like dangling an acceptance in front of our noses, but telling us we can't touch it... yet...

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby mrm2083 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:42 pm

In the special preferred email it says that we get priority so I'm guessing that they will let the special in first and then move on to the preferred/regular.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby nowinGA » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm

mrm2083 wrote:In the special preferred email it says that we get priority so I'm guessing that they will let the special in first and then move on to the preferred/regular.


So then you would see yesterday's big changes (that some of us "special" people didn't see) as just the first "wave" of the specials?

Seriously...just leave me UR until you either want to take me or reject me! Too much to over-analyze....

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby purell2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 pm

yes, let's think of yesterday's update as only the FIRST wave of specials :)

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby mrm2083 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 pm

My guess is yesterdays change is just the first wave and there will be another wave. I think everyone who shows interest will end up getting in off the special list (of course I want to think this because I'm on it lol)

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:08 pm

I'll be visiting GULC next week (and hopefully Ms. Sims will return my email before that point). I'll see what I can find out.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby beef wellington » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 pm

mrm2083 wrote:My guess is yesterdays change is just the first wave and there will be another wave. I think everyone who shows interest will end up getting in off the special list (of course I want to think this because I'm on it lol)

I've sent two LOCIs and committed to attend if admitted to either program so I've definitely shown interest. I was hoping I'd be near the top of the list, but my DR date hasn't changed. My numbers are a lot lower than most other special groupies though. What if the DR update really was a glitch, and the 3/22 update amounts to "hang in there, we'll get back to you"?

At this point I don't know how I can go to lawl skool, it seems like I'll have completely lost my mind by then...

User avatar
iamtaw
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby iamtaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 pm

beef wellington wrote:At this point I don't know how I can go to lawl skool, it seems like I'll have completely lost my mind by then...


so very true


my DR date didnt update either... im beginning to worry about my cycle now

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 pm

My status just lost the Decision Rendered 3/15/10 on it. I've gone back to Application Under Review 3/9/10. I'd ask what on earth they could be doing, but I have a feeling I might find out next week.

User avatar
ilovelamp18
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby ilovelamp18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

pertristis wrote:My status just lost the Decision Rendered 3/15/10 on it. I've gone back to Application Under Review 3/9/10. I'd ask what on earth they could be doing, but I have a feeling I might find out next week.


Yeah same here. I guess they fixed the glitch. :wink:

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby dk8 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm

iamtaw wrote:
beef wellington wrote:At this point I don't know how I can go to lawl skool, it seems like I'll have completely lost my mind by then...


so very true


my DR date didnt update either... im beginning to worry about my cycle now


I really wouldn't worry yet. Even if the "glitch" people are about to get accepted right now and we aren't, I doubt this will be the last of the people they will pull off of the WL. Their class size is huge and a bunch of the high-number people they've accepted will withdraw.

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lawgod » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

176/4+ super special waitlist 3/5 loci 3/5 ur 3/9 dr 3/15. dr disappeared

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby mrm2083 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

We are still under review 3/9 which is definitely a good thing. I was worried that would be a glitch, I'm guessing we will be hearing soon : )

User avatar
ilovelamp18
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby ilovelamp18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

+1 to dk8's comment... Highly doubt they won't return to the super special people (probably sooner than later). I wouldn't be surprised if a second group bypasses the glitch phase though, if they can help it that is.

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby mrm2083 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:42 pm

My UR just changed again from 3/9 to 3/12. Please God tell me somethings coming

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Wait, so yours actually say UR again, not just date changes?

User avatar
ilovelamp18
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby ilovelamp18 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 pm

mrm2083 wrote:My UR just changed again from 3/9 to 3/12. Please God tell me somethings coming


+1

User avatar
ornbarn
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby ornbarn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:13 pm

ilovelamp18 wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:My UR just changed again from 3/9 to 3/12. Please God tell me somethings coming


+1

+2

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby existenz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

ornbarn wrote:
ilovelamp18 wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:My UR just changed again from 3/9 to 3/12. Please God tell me somethings coming


+1

+2

+3

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby umichgrad » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

edit sry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, brinicolec, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests