GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
queenofhearts
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby queenofhearts » Wed May 19, 2010 8:03 pm

I think that this had already been discussed, but in case not, in my email it says, "We hope to be in touch with another update by June 8th!"

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 19, 2010 8:06 pm

queenofhearts wrote:I think that this had already been discussed, but in case not, in my email it says, "We hope to be in touch with another update by June 8th!"

Yeah, I would imagine they'll be admitting a few people then (or just before then), and then the rest of us will get basically the same e-mail as the last update, only not as hopeful.

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lawapps0502 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am

so if we didn't get a call from an alumnus yesterday, does that mean that we are no longer be considered?

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby tommytahoe » Thu May 20, 2010 10:47 am

lawapps0502 wrote:so if we didn't get a call from an alumnus yesterday, does that mean that we are no longer be considered?


No, it probably just means that if you are not being considered, you didn't receive any phone call.
There may be something else that distinguished that poster, perhaps being someone that hadn't contacted GULC in a while ??

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby MissLucky » Thu May 20, 2010 10:52 am

tommytahoe wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:so if we didn't get a call from an alumnus yesterday, does that mean that we are no longer be considered?


No, it probably just means that if you are not being considered, you didn't receive any phone call.
There may be something else that distinguished that poster, perhaps being someone that hadn't contacted GULC in a while ??


oh how this evokes LSAT logical reasoning...

yeah, or maybe that person was YP material in their mind's eye and they wanted to get a clearer and straightforward assesment of their level of interest

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lawapps0502 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:so if we didn't get a call from an alumnus yesterday, does that mean that we are no longer be considered?


No, it probably just means that if you are not being considered, you didn't receive any phone call.
There may be something else that distinguished that poster, perhaps being someone that hadn't contacted GULC in a while ??


oh how this evokes LSAT logical reasoning...

yeah, or maybe that person was YP material in their mind's eye and they wanted to get a clearer and straightforward assesment of their level of interest


did anyone who got the phone call get accepted yet or have their application go under review?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:did anyone who got the phone call get accepted yet or have their application go under review?

So far only one person has been called by an alumnus, so it could be an isolated incident.

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lawapps0502 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:did anyone who got the phone call get accepted yet or have their application go under review?

So far only one person has been called by an alumnus, so it could be an isolated incident.


or maybe the other people who were called aren't active on this website....

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:did anyone who got the phone call get accepted yet or have their application go under review?

So far only one person has been called by an alumnus, so it could be an isolated incident.


or maybe the other people who were called aren't active on this website....

In which case I don't think they'll be answering your questions...

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby tommytahoe » Fri May 21, 2010 1:05 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:did anyone who got the phone call get accepted yet or have their application go under review?

So far only one person has been called by an alumnus, so it could be an isolated incident.


or maybe the other people who were called aren't active on this website....


That could be so. But I don't think that conclusively leaves us "non-phone callers" in the dark —which is implied by your statement and which, if true, would make many of us poor saps even more depressed (which we do not want).
It's hard to show (based on GULC common practice observed over this entire cycle) that a phone call is even close to a required element of offer of admission off the wailtist. Just sayin'. :)

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby danidancer » Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm

In off the Cornell Reserve list today - I'll be withdrawing from the Gtown PT PWL soon.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 pm

danidancer wrote:In off the Cornell Reserve list today - I'll be withdrawing from the Gtown PT PWL soon.

Congrats dani!

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby danidancer » Fri May 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
danidancer wrote:In off the Cornell Reserve list today - I'll be withdrawing from the Gtown PT PWL soon.

Congrats dani!


Thanks! I can't believe I actually cracked the T14. My head is swimming right now.

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby tommytahoe » Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 pm

danidancer wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
danidancer wrote:In off the Cornell Reserve list today - I'll be withdrawing from the Gtown PT PWL soon.

Congrats dani!


Thanks! I can't believe I actually cracked the T14. My head is swimming right now.


Good for you!

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lawapps0502 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am

Has anyone heard if the admissions office is reviewing wait list applicants this week?

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby MissLucky » Mon May 24, 2010 11:22 am

lawapps0502 wrote:Has anyone heard if the admissions office is reviewing wait list applicants this week?


I haven't heard. Why, have you?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Just withdrew my name from the PT WL. Really rooting for all of you. Good luck!

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks! Where did you end up deciding to go?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Thanks! Where did you end up deciding to go?


I'll be joining danidancer at Cornell.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 24, 2010 1:29 pm

jks289 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Thanks! Where did you end up deciding to go?


I'll be joining danidancer at Cornell.


Wow congratulations! Good luck to you

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

jks289 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Thanks! Where did you end up deciding to go?


I'll be joining danidancer at Cornell.

Good luck, jks, it's been real.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby MissLucky » Mon May 24, 2010 1:58 pm

jks289 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Thanks! Where did you end up deciding to go?


I'll be joining danidancer at Cornell.


Damn. Lucky. Best of luck!

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks guys!! I'm planning on lurking in this thread to see how it plays out for all of you.

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby tommytahoe » Mon May 24, 2010 3:15 pm

jks289 wrote:Thanks guys!! I'm planning on lurking in this thread to see how it plays out for all of you.

Congrats, jks, and take it easy. The avatar hot quotient just dipped a little :cry:

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
jks289 wrote:Thanks guys!! I'm planning on lurking in this thread to see how it plays out for all of you.

Congrats, jks, and take it easy. The avatar hot quotient just dipped a little :cry:

What, flustered five-o'clock shadows aren't sexy anymore?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, chili_davis, Chipotle85, cyclawps, eageragnostic, jer0689, jjcorvino, Thelaw23, TudoBem, yulankong and 26 guests