jks289 wrote:tommytahoe wrote:Since I'm a 163/3.81, non-trad, non-URM, PWL (the PS and LORs must have made up the difference), should I just come out and ask them by phone/email, say around June 1st, if they would be likely to make me an offer if I accepted a part-time spot?
I don't think it would open spots if they are not available. But it would make explicit what I hope was implicit (I applied for 'Both'): That is, I'll take whatever you got!
Has your status checker changed from 'Both' to 'FT' or 'PT'? It seems like at this stage they have separated who they are considering for which programs. My status check said both but I got the email about PT spaces and it changed to PT only. If you haven't made the switch it might be smart to sent a brief LOCI saying you would attend regardless. Certainly can't hurt.
No, it hasn't changed.
Three things stand out from what you just wrote: (1) It is they who start the process, more often than not. If they want to maybe slot a FT into PT, THEY solicit the offer, or just outright change the status update; (2) If they had come to such a decision, more likely than not they would have done such changes/solicitation already (seeing as we're late in the game); and (3) Like you said, it can't hurt anyway (provided I'm really OK with PT, which I of course am, since there is a very good chance I could transfer).
I think it's a sign that I'm willing to adapt to get my dream school. I'll think about it, maybe wait a week or so.