GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SilverE2

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Hey maybe they haven't sent the email yet because they're not done making offers? Maybe maybe maybe?

Too optimistic?

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Mon May 10, 2010 5:29 pm

They haven't sent emails out to us because they want to maximize the amount of money they can offer as scholarships!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 5:31 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Hey maybe they haven't sent the email yet because they're not done making offers? Maybe maybe maybe?

Too optimistic?

Sounds good to me.

Teoeo wrote:They haven't sent emails out to us because they want to maximize the amount of money they can offer as scholarships!

Yes.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:31 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Hey maybe they haven't sent the email yet because they're not done making offers? Maybe maybe maybe?

Too optimistic?

Maybe. I mean, it isn't over until they release you. But I think today is an indication that they have a huge return on offers and deposits. Who knows though really. If you prefer to have hope, I see no reason to squash it.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm starting to think we got stood up today, guys.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 5:58 pm

They're probably ridiculously busy. Give them a couple days, I'm sure they wont make us wait too long for an update. They've been great at keeping us updated on their progress.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I'm starting to think we got stood up today, guys.

Srsly. Why quote us a specific date and then not abide by it. UGH. I hate this whole process.

DrPlacebo

Postby DrPlacebo » Mon May 10, 2010 6:13 pm

When I visited GULC two weeks ago, I met a student who got in off the SPWL. She said she heard in early June. I'm guessing the waitlist movement will be a slow trickle for the next month or two.

SeriouslyOmg

Postby SeriouslyOmg » Mon May 10, 2010 6:14 pm

DGB
Last edited by SeriouslyOmg on Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chinagator

Postby chinagator » Mon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Just got the email.

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to you today as part of our continuing efforts to keep you apprised and to give you an update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown Law. We've just finished taking inventory of the responses to our first tuition deposit deadline. The response to this deadline was quite strong. Consequently, we don't anticipate that there will be any movement on the waitlist until after our second deposit deadline on June 1st, if at all. Of course, this is only the first deposit deadline, so it's always possible that things could change as the spring and summer progress.

If you are still interested in remaining in consideration should space become available in the class, please respond to this email at lawcenterwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu. If we hear back from you, we promise to be in touch with another update by June 8th, at the latest. Please be advised that if space does open up in the class, one of the important factors in the Committee's consideration at this point is your interest in committing to Georgetown. While we stop short of asking you to obligate yourself, we do expect that if you continue to remain on the waitlist, you will be able to make a quick decision if the Committee contacts you in the future.

If we don't hear back from you, we'll assume you've made other plans and wish you well.

Sincerely,

Andy

noname4

Postby noname4 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:16 pm

There we go... we have an email.... Just got it.

Strong response - don't anticipate movement til 2nd deposit deadline June 1st etc etc etc

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon May 10, 2010 6:16 pm

+1 verbatim. I wonder if we all got the same one, or if there are different variants?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm

chinagator wrote:Just got the email.

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to you today as part of our continuing efforts to keep you apprised and to give you an update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown Law. We've just finished taking inventory of the responses to our first tuition deposit deadline. The response to this deadline was quite strong. Consequently, we don't anticipate that there will be any movement on the waitlist until after our second deposit deadline on June 1st, if at all. Of course, this is only the first deposit deadline, so it's always possible that things could change as the spring and summer progress.

If you are still interested in remaining in consideration should space become available in the class, please respond to this email at lawcenterwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu. If we hear back from you, we promise to be in touch with another update by June 8th, at the latest. Please be advised that if space does open up in the class, one of the important factors in the Committee's consideration at this point is your interest in committing to Georgetown. While we stop short of asking you to obligate yourself, we do expect that if you continue to remain on the waitlist, you will be able to make a quick decision if the Committee contacts you in the future.

If we don't hear back from you, we'll assume you've made other plans and wish you well.

Sincerely,

Andy

+1 I knew it was coming since seeing that DR starting at me this morning. But after 15 months of living and breathing the LSAT and applications this is really tough to hear.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm

just got the waitlist inquiry. I havent read this thread in a while, but I'm guessing everyone got it or is about to get it, since I'm on the regular.

They said the response after the first response was very strong, so they don't anticipate making any more decisions until the second deposit, "if at all." They said if interested to respond to that waitlist email address and will hear something no later than june 8.

again, am on the regular.

Good luck to all.

p.s. got a double email. a few seconds apart.

DrPlacebo

Postby DrPlacebo » Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Just got the same e-mail. The timestamp on it is 2:08 PM Pacific - which is 5:08 Eastern. So apparently 5 PM doesn't mean we stop checking e-mail.

SeriouslyOmg

Postby SeriouslyOmg » Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Fhl

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 pm

So who's in this for the long haul? I think I'm going for it.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 pm

SeriouslyOmg wrote:[strike]This is b*llshit. Wh. Don't they tell us the number ofthe waitlisted applicants, and the number of slots they expect to open up?

Shame on gulc! No law school should treat it's
applicants like that.

In truth, no one but ~20 out of 1200 WLers may get in[/strike].

Good luck to the non-idiots that are still going to be pursuing the wait list. Especially JKS and most importantly Encyclopedia Brown. The man needs in!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 6:31 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:So who's in this for the long haul? I think I'm going for it.

I'm in it to win it. Also, thanks for the good vibrations Waterman.

purell2

Postby purell2 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Is this the email special preferred waitlist people got? mine was slightly different

quote="chinagator"]Just got the email.

Sincerely,

Andy[/quote]

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm staying in. I've lost the sense of hope I felt over the past few weeks, but I'll submit another LOCI and cross my fingers. Thanks Waterman, and sincere congrats to everyone who got in today.

Also, purell2 how was your email different? More or less optimistic?

DrPlacebo

Postby DrPlacebo » Mon May 10, 2010 6:43 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:So who's in this for the long haul? I think I'm going for it.

I'm still in.

Also, it looks like all waitlists got the same e-mail, because the one that a few of us from the SPWL got was identical to the one that someone on the regular WL posted.

purell2

Postby purell2 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Mine had this attached at the end:

"I've been doing this a long time and my experience tells me that things often change week to week. If you can hang in there, I promise we will be in touch with frequent updates as we know them."

anyone else? SPWL

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:48 pm

purell2 wrote:Mine had this attached at the end:

"I've been doing this a long time and my experience tells me that things often change week to week. If you can hang in there, I promise we will be in touch with frequent updates as we know them."

anyone else? SPWL

I am regualr WL but mine didn't have that (actually they sent mine twice as well.) Sounds encouraging for you.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm

purell2 wrote:Mine had this attached at the end:

anyone else? SPWL

Mine had this, too. PWL.

Great, more little differences to obsess over. Oh, and also, my e-mail didn't have the words "if at all" after June 1. Encouraging, somewhat, but not as encouraging as an open slot would be.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”