GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iamtaw

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby iamtaw » Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

i think that the supreme court hearings exist as a vapid and hollow charade.
there, i said it. now its there for all to see on the interwebs forever.

GoNU

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:35 pm

iamtaw wrote:i think that the supreme court hearings exist as a vapid and hollow charade.

When they finally put you UR how much longer did it take for you to get a decision?

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 10, 2010 2:39 pm

jks289 wrote:
GoNU wrote:I met with Sophia Sims when I visited and she told me that they read the threads all the time...

Oh..... :oops:

Oh well, I provide plenty of information to out myself but I guess the worst they can glean is me saying I would attend if accepted PT and that I am on a billion waitlists.

Hi Sophia!

Yeah, I don't understand the "I won't tell anyone who I am or provide any information" style of posting.

Personally, I've mentioned my numbers, and they're in my profile. I've posted in a couple of threads, waiting for my decisions. I don't understand why any Admissions Committee would look at me and say "Oh, his scores are (competitive/not competitive) and his application materials are (good/bad/indifferent). But he posted on the internet about where he applied! DENY"

I'd be interested to hear the reason against posting about pending applications other than "Someone once posted that they really didn't want to go to ______ , and the next day they got rejected because the AdCom read it!" . Most people I ask about their reasoning just shrug their shoulders and say "I don't know. Just paranoid!"

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:46 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:
jks289 wrote:
GoNU wrote:I met with Sophia Sims when I visited and she told me that they read the threads all the time...

Oh..... :oops:

Oh well, I provide plenty of information to out myself but I guess the worst they can glean is me saying I would attend if accepted PT and that I am on a billion waitlists.

Hi Sophia!

Yeah, I don't understand the "I won't tell anyone who I am or provide any information" style of posting.

Personally, I've mentioned my numbers, and they're in my profile. I've posted in a couple of threads, waiting for my decisions. I don't understand why any Admissions Committee would look at me and say "Oh, his scores are (competitive/not competitive) and his application materials are (good/bad/indifferent). But he posted on the internet about where he applied! DENY"

I'd be interested to hear the reason against posting about pending applications other than "Someone once posted that they really didn't want to go to ______ , and the next day they got rejected because the AdCom read it!" . Most people I ask about their reasoning just shrug their shoulders and say "I don't know. Just paranoid!"

I try to walk a middle ground. There are people who use real names, which I wouldn't do. But I do try to provide correct information because I have found this site to be so valuable in the process, and I hope that by discussing my experience some one else can gain some insight.

I also try not to post anything I would be embarrassed to have my real name attached to.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Mon May 10, 2010 2:47 pm

jks289 wrote:I also try not to post anything I would be embarrassed to have my real name attached to.

My philosophy in a nutshell...

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm

GoNU wrote:
iamtaw wrote:i think that the supreme court hearings exist as a vapid and hollow charade.

When they finally put you UR how much longer did it take for you to get a decision?

i got my decision the same day. it was a matter of a few hours. From what i've noticed, georgetown tends to do things close to 5pm. When I got admitted, I got my email at 5:11pm eastern.

GoNU

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm

iamtaw wrote:
GoNU wrote:

i got my decision the same day. it was a matter of a few hours. From what i've noticed, georgetown tends to do things close to 5pm. When I got admitted, I got my email at 5:11pm eastern.

Did you status checker change from UR to DR?

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

GoNU wrote:
iamtaw wrote:
GoNU wrote:

Did you status checker change from UR to DR?

yes. I only noticed after getting the email from dean cornblatt. i think i was checking my status checker every 15 mins after going UR so you could reasonably say that they happen together

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon May 10, 2010 3:24 pm

jks289 wrote:I try to walk a middle ground. There are people who use real names, which I wouldn't do. But I do try to provide correct information because I have found this site to be so valuable in the process, and I hope that by discussing my experience some one else can gain some insight.

I also try not to post anything I would be embarrassed to have my real name attached to.

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't post anything on here that I'd be embarrassed for AdComs to see next to my name. Although I've joked about bribing law school with piles of gold, jewels, and exotic spices. That's about as risque as it gets.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Mon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Tick tock...3:30...my theory is proven false.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Just FYI, GoNU is not the only person to go UR today. Someone else told me via pm they went UR for FT today. So it looks like those of us at DR are out of luck. They must have had very, very few spots to offer after deposits came in. :(

I am actually feel incredibly upset right now. I wish I hadn't gotten that email, and had never convinced myself I would get in.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon May 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Hang in there, everybody. Try not to let this ruin you for too long.
I hate the fact that so many of us are on here for so few spots!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 3:36 pm

jks289 wrote:Just FYI, GoNU is not the only person to go UR today. Someone else told me via pm they went UR for FT today. So it looks like those of us at DR are out of luck. They must have had very, very few spots to offer after deposits came in. :(

I am actually feel incredibly upset right now. I wish I hadn't gotten that email, and had never convinced myself I would get in.

I hope this isn't the case, for both our sakes. They still owe us some communication today, I believe, so we'll see what that entails.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon May 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
jks289 wrote:Just FYI, GoNU is not the only person to go UR today. Someone else told me via pm they went UR for FT today. So it looks like those of us at DR are out of luck. They must have had very, very few spots to offer after deposits came in. :(

I hope this isn't the case, for both our sakes. They still owe us some communication today, I believe, so we'll see what that entails.

you all are lucky. as a regular over here they didnt even contact me once since the initial decision (except for receipts of LOCIs) it actually is starting to piss me off how little they care about me.......

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Mon May 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah...and I imagine we'll get that within the hour. Although JKS289's news was a total buzz kill.

bearsEATtrees

Postby bearsEATtrees » Mon May 10, 2010 3:42 pm

MissLucky wrote:

you all are lucky. as a regular over here they didnt even contact me once since the initial decision (except for receipts of LOCIs) it actually is starting to piss me off how little they care about me.......

+1

Remember it's not over till the fat lady sings. You never know, maybe they are purposely toying with everyone for trying to decipher their strategy. It's cruel but a possibility...

And I personally have 2 friends who put down multiple deposits one of which was to GULC and there is a strong possibility neither of them will attend. Spots will continue to become available through the summer!!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:42 pm

SummerLaw wrote:

Yeah...and I imagine we'll get that within the hour. Although JKS289's news was a total buzz kill.

Sorry, I just wanted to share and maybe spare someone a little insanity today.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Mon May 10, 2010 3:45 pm

jks289 wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:

Sorry, I just wanted to share and maybe spare someone a little insanity today.

Not your fault. I know you are being realistic. If we're not UR today then we're not getting great news this afternoon. Here's hoping for something in the next few months.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Mon May 10, 2010 3:45 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

+1

Remember it's not over till the fat lady sings. You never know, maybe they are purposely toying with everyone for trying to decipher their strategy. It's cruel but a possibility...

And I personally have 2 friends who put down multiple deposits one of which was to GULC and there is a strong possibility neither of them will attend. Spots will continue to become available through the summer!!

:)

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Mon May 10, 2010 3:47 pm

[strike]maybe its just my thinking, but as the summer progresses, any movement on other t-14 wait lists could mean more seats opening up for georgetown. right?[/strike]

+ 1 to the above

GoNU

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Just got the email from Cornblatt...good luck every1 I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Great news man. Congratulations!!!

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:56 pm

God the idea of waiting another few months is absolutely agonizing to me...even more so because I really have no alternative.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Great news man. Congratulations!!!

+1

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

GoNU wrote:Just got the email from Cornblatt...good luck every1 I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Congrats! :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”