GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
GoNU wrote:Got a letter asking my interest in PT program last Wednesday (I applied to both)..and now I am under review!!

Nice, dude!

Thx man im rooting for you also..just to add more info its the same letter that Neelio got a few pages back

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

GoNU wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
GoNU wrote:Got a letter asking my interest in PT program last Wednesday (I applied to both)..and now I am under review!!

Nice, dude!

Thx man im rooting for you also..just to add more info its the same letter that Neelio got a few pages back

Well so far I haven't heard of anyone going under review and NOT getting in shortly after (especially after such an e-mail), so it looks like you're golden, my friend!

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
GoNU wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
GoNU wrote:Got a letter asking my interest in PT program last Wednesday (I applied to both)..and now I am under review!!

Nice, dude!

Thx man im rooting for you also..just to add more info its the same letter that Neelio got a few pages back

Well so far I haven't heard of anyone going under review and NOT getting in shortly after (especially after such an e-mail), so it looks like you're golden, my friend!

Fingers crossed!

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Anyone else UR, yet? Last time did everyone go to UR all at once, or was it staggered throughout the day?

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby lateforthesky16 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 pm

jks289 wrote:Anyone else UR, yet? Last time did everyone go to UR all at once, or was it staggered throughout the day?




Nothing's changed for me. :?

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby danidancer » Mon May 10, 2010 12:54 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
jks289 wrote:Anyone else UR, yet? Last time did everyone go to UR all at once, or was it staggered throughout the day?




Nothing's changed for me. :?


Still DR 2/26. Given that the only communication I have from them is the ominous "we don't expect to make any offers" email from mid-April, I'm not getting my hopes up.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:57 pm

danidancer wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:
jks289 wrote:Anyone else UR, yet? Last time did everyone go to UR all at once, or was it staggered throughout the day?




Nothing's changed for me. :?


Still DR 2/26. Given that the only communication I have from them is the ominous "we don't expect to make any offers" email from mid-April, I'm not getting my hopes up.


I got in the "interest" email, then the May 10 email, and I had totally and completely gotten my hopes up. Damn. :oops:

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 12:58 pm

jks289 wrote:Anyone else UR, yet? Last time did everyone go to UR all at once, or was it staggered throughout the day?

Last time it's hard to pin down, but it looks like everybody that went UR did so around 4:00, with some people maybe not checking until they read the thread a little later. Not-so-subtle e-mails followed to those who went UR a little after five. It all went down over about 2 hours.

I had to go back in the thread to check that, as I had wiped that day from my memory after not going UR.

jks289 wrote:I got in the "interest" email, then the May 10 email, and I had totally and completely gotten my hopes up. Damn. :oops:


Ditto to all that.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Weird, so just one person went UR? Maybe this means they are down to the last handful of spots. GoNu, are you F or PT?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

jks289 wrote:Weird, so just one person went UR? Maybe this means they are down to the last handful of spots. GoNu, are you F or PT?

Pretty sure he's PT.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I think he/she only went under review because of his/her agreement to being considered for PT instead of FT.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Also, there's still plenty of time left.

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm

GoNU wrote:I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.


If accepted PT do you think you'd go?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:I think he/she only went under review because of his/her agreement to being considered for PT instead of FT.


Ha, that actually make it seems worse for me since I agreed to go to PT instead of FT. I am going to obsessively check all day now.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:01 pm

GoNU wrote:I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.


I applied both and they switched me to PT as well. Mind sharing your numbers? Congrats, by the way.

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:02 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
GoNU wrote:I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.


If accepted PT do you think you'd go?

I really wanted FT...but I dont think PT will be that bad..plus GTown offers a great summer program in London to make up the credits in order to switch to FT for 2L..i also visited and loved it...so in response to your question..yes.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm

GoNU wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:
GoNU wrote:I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.


If accepted PT do you think you'd go?

I really wanted FT...but I dont think PT will be that bad..plus GTown offers a great summer program in London to make up the credits in order to switch to FT for 2L..i also visited and loved it...so in response to your question..yes.


Well it looks like you're in. Hope to see you in the PT program!

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Not in yet! Still technically under review...I am rooting for every1 in this thread..we all deserve it!

User avatar
SummerLaw
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby SummerLaw » Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

jks289 wrote:
GoNU wrote:I applied to both but they switched me to PT. Also I want to know if Neelio is UR also..because he got the same email as I did last Wednesday.


I applied both and they switched me to PT as well. Mind sharing your numbers? Congrats, by the way.


Yeah - also curious to know numbers of those UR for PT right now. Thank you and CONGRATS!

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

I can PM numbers..just freaked out because i know GULC checks these threads!!!

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 pm

GoNU wrote:I can PM numbers..just freaked out because i know GULC checks these threads!!!


They do? :shock:

How do you know?

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I met with Sophia Sims when I visited and she told me that they read the threads all the time...

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

GoNU wrote:I met with Sophia Sims when I visited and she told me that they read the threads all the time...


Oh..... :oops:

Oh well, I provide plenty of information to out myself but I guess the worst they can glean is me saying I would attend if accepted PT and that I am on a billion waitlists.

Hi Sophia!

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby GoNU » Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 pm

jks289 wrote:
GoNU wrote:I met with Sophia Sims when I visited and she told me that they read the threads all the time...


Oh..... :oops:

Oh well, I provide plenty of information to out myself but I guess the worst they can glean is me saying I would attend if accepted PT and that I am on a billion waitlists.

Hi Sophia!

Haha yea..i havent seen you say anything that would be considered bad!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests