GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jks289

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Not trying to be negative, but based on previous years threads it does appear that no email means no acceptance (at least for regular WL). I think a portion of people who got the "interested" email will get the nod this week, and the rest may be out of luck, at least for another month or so.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Was that email received today? Why does it say "before May 1?"

I sent in an email to a contact yesterday expressing continued interest and didn't hear back. She has always responded to me. Pretty bummed.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 05, 2010 9:30 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Was that email received today? Why does it say "before May 1?"

I sent in an email to a contact yesterday expressing continued interest and didn't hear back. She has always responded to me. Pretty bummed.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Good question, SL. I wondered about that too.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:Was that email received today? Why does it say "before May 1?"

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Good question, SL. I wondered about that too.

OP confirmed it said May 1 and was received today in the other thread. Since it was sent from Sophia Sim, I think it is possible it just got lost in the shuffle of her leaving and ended up being sent a little late by her replacement. That or it is a form email and someone just didn't notice the date change after copy pasting it.

Fergie

Postby Fergie » Thu May 06, 2010 12:18 am

Stephanie left - pretty sure Sophia is still there

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu May 06, 2010 12:29 am

A good question, then, since we are all reading tea leaves, is whether that May 1st email has any bearing on things that have happened since Monday (May 3rd). If the email was intended to be sent before May 1st, then I can't see how it's predictive of anything particular to this week.
Plus, it's for PT, which adds a wrinkle.

Hey, at what point should one who is on the PWL say fuck it and solicit GULC with an email saying he would accept PT if offered (not that it would make any difference anyway)?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 am

jks289 wrote:Not trying to be negative, but based on previous years threads it does appear that no email means no acceptance (at least for regular WL). I think a portion of people who got the "interested" email will get the nod this week, and the rest may be out of luck, at least for another month or so.

Why is it I never, ever think to look up last year's thread in situations like this. Thanks for the heads up JKS!

Sigh. I don't mean to sound like a whiny brat, but I really just don't understand why they're considering people on the RWL who haven't been in touch at all over someone on the PWL who has now submitted 3 LOCIs. What gives? They liked me enough to put me on a higher rung of the WL, but now they're overlooking me? I can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong. I have strong numbers for PT, and it's not like I mentioned hating puppies and kittens in my LOCIs?

Fergie

Postby Fergie » Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 pm

I feel you. Why reach out to those who haven't contacted the school and appear interested? I'm jumping up and down yelling "pick me, pick me." Maybe we look too desperate. They want the affections of the cool kids who snubbed them.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Fergie wrote:I feel you. Why reach out to those who haven't contacted the school and appear interested? I'm jumping up and down yelling "pick me, pick me." Maybe we look too desperate. They want the affections of the cool kids who snubbed them.

bwahahahaha i am SO the desperate girl jumping up and down screeching "pick me! pick me!" in their mind's eye...*sigh* can I at least get a pity acceptance?!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

danidancer wrote:
jks289 wrote:Not trying to be negative, but based on previous years threads it does appear that no email means no acceptance (at least for regular WL). I think a portion of people who got the "interested" email will get the nod this week, and the rest may be out of luck, at least for another month or so.

Why is it I never, ever think to look up last year's thread in situations like this. Thanks for the heads up JKS!

Sigh. I don't mean to sound like a whiny brat, but I really just don't understand why they're considering people on the RWL who haven't been in touch at all over someone on the PWL who has now submitted 3 LOCIs. What gives? They liked me enough to put me on a higher rung of the WL, but now they're overlooking me? I can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong. I have strong numbers for PT, and it's not like I mentioned hating puppies and kittens in my LOCIs?

I think it is probably part of the numbers game. When they formulated the various WL they anticipated needing particular GPAs and LSAT scores, or particular diversity characteristics (not URM, just generally). Now that the class is starting to form they are refining the numbers they are looking to pull and trying to round out the class for things like gender, work experience, geography etc. It could be as simple as someone who is too much like you (same race, gender, undergrad, and numbers) accepted their offer already. I wouldn't give up hope entirely though, if your review the old threads it looks like the no email, no acceptance mostly applies to regular waitlisters.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu May 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Any action today? Anybody under review? What time does this stuff usually happen?

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Thu May 06, 2010 2:37 pm

From what I understand they are still sorting through the deposits so I think we have another few days to wait...

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu May 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Last wave of WL -> Acceptance happened on a Friday during the 4pm hour EST. So maybe tomorrow?

lil'monique

Postby lil'monique » Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm

I have already been dinged, but i previously received an email stating that May 3rd was the important date for Acceptance committee, May 10th is the important date for WL's.

Just a thought

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Any action today? Anybody under review? What time does this stuff usually happen?

No action for me today. I spent the day driving out to Flagstaff, AZ for a wedding, waiting to hear my phone buzz from a G'town email. No such luck :D hopefully tomorrow will bring good news. Good luck everyone!

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 pm

lil'monique wrote:I have already been dinged, but i previously received an email stating that May 3rd was the important date for Acceptance committee, May 10th is the important date for WL's.

Just a thought

Do you mean you were dinged from the WL? I didn't think they were doing that... or should some of us be expecting ding emails in the next few days?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 am

savesthedayajb wrote:Last wave of WL -> Acceptance happened on a Friday during the 4pm hour EST. So maybe tomorrow?

It's tomorrow! Lalala. I'm so going to be stalking this thread ALL day!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Fri May 07, 2010 12:10 pm

danidancer wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Last wave of WL -> Acceptance happened on a Friday during the 4pm hour EST. So maybe tomorrow?

Of course, my settings are set so that TLS tells gmail when anybody so much as breathes in this thread! So you know I'll be lurking in the shadows. But, hey, I'm Mary Louise Parker. I lurk attractively.

GL, everyone. :)

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:16 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
danidancer wrote:

Of course, my settings are set so that TLS tells gmail when anybody so much as breathes in this thread! So you know I'll be lurking in the shadows. But, hey, I'm Mary Louise Parker. I lurk attractively.

No one updated to UR until after 3 pm eastern the last round. So we can relax for a few more hours. :D

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 07, 2010 12:49 pm

jks289 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
danidancer wrote:

No one updated to UR until after 3 pm eastern the last round. So we can relax for a few more hours. :D

Ugg or maybe they WILL actually make us wait until May 10th for any kind of update!!

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:17 pm

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Fri May 07, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm at work so twitter is blocked. What's going on there?

lawapps0502

Postby lawapps0502 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:24 pm

just says that they are still sorting through deposits

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:just says that they are still sorting through deposits

Thanks, this is scary.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:just says that they are still sorting through deposits

It also says they're "off to Nationals game." SIGH. Monday it is then?

edit: Oops. Time stamp on that tweet is from 21 hours ago.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”