GULC 2010 WL'ers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
savesthedayajb

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Just withdrew my name from the SPWL-- I'm off to Northwestern. Best of luck to you all!

Congrats getting in and good luck to you!

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:Just withdrew my name from the SPWL-- I'm off to Northwestern. Best of luck to you all!

Congrats getting in and good luck to you!

Yeah that is awesome. Way to go!

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 pm

well hopefully we'll all hear some good news tomorrow! :)

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am

I have the day off work today and therefore all the time in the world to obsessively check my e-mail, then TLS, then my application status (repeat). It's going to be a long Wednesday. Maybe I can sleep through it.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 05, 2010 9:05 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I have the day off work today and therefore all the time in the world to obsessively check my e-mail, then TLS, then my application status (repeat). It's going to be a long Wednesday. Maybe I can sleep through it.

We will enable you, my friend. :)

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I have the day off work today and therefore all the time in the world to obsessively check my e-mail, then TLS, then my application status (repeat). It's going to be a long Wednesday. Maybe I can sleep through it.

nice. I set up my email account to my phone, so I'll only get a text from my email if Georgetown emails me. Of course, now I jump whenever any of my friends text me...and that doesn't solve the problem of obsessively checking TLS to see if there is any news :D The good news now I guess is we surely can't have much longer to wait!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:09 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

nice. I set up my email account to my phone, so I'll only get a text from my email if Georgetown emails me. Of course, now I jump whenever any of my friends text me...and that doesn't solve the problem of obsessively checking TLS to see if there is any news :D The good news now I guess is we surely can't have much longer to wait!

"Longer" is a relative term here. 5 more days seems like torture!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Is nothing going on out there? No contacts, no nothing? Anybody developed a drinking habit in the last three weeks (or, for that matter, improved upon it)?

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

It's all a little too [strike]quite[/strike] quiet.

Edited for being quite retarded.
Last edited by savesthedayajb on Wed May 05, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:It's all a little too quite.

It's quite what? 8)

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 05, 2010 4:15 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:It's all a little too quite.

It's quite what? 8)

haha . typo. Nothing can be too quite, I don't think.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed May 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Calm before the (hopefully happy) storm?

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

danidancer wrote:Calm before the (hopefully happy) storm?

I hope so. Gotta love those happy storms.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed May 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
danidancer wrote:Calm before the (hopefully happy) storm?

I hope so. Gotta love those happy storms.

Ha ha.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Sounds like someone in the Gtown thread got an email today about PT, but I'm confused as to what it actually said. Any any rate, seems like they must be looking at apps today.

Edit: Posted the email in the other thread. I really hope this means SOMETHING happens today or tomorrow.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Wed May 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Probably tomorrow. Admissions office probably closed by now, huh?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

jks289 wrote:Sounds like someone in the Gtown thread got an email today about PT, but I'm confused as to what it actually said. Any any rate, seems like they must be looking at apps today.

Edit: Posted the email in the other thread. I really hope this means SOMETHING happens today or tomorrow.

I called in to inquire about the email they sent me and was told the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, and likely would have a few decisions by afternoon/the following morning. For those interested, here is the email I got:

On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I’ve been asked to contact you. Before May 1, the Committee anticipates that we will be making a handful of offers to the part-time program. Since it’s getting late in our cycle, we only are interested in making offers to those that are seriously considering Georgetown as an option. Although the Committee has selected you as someone they would like to consider for one of these spaces, we have not heard from you in quite awhile, and we realize you may have made other plans. If you are interested in being considered, please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible confirming your interest. In the alternative, if you’ve made other plans, please let us know so that we may withdraw you from our waitlist.

Warm Regards,

Sophia Sim

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm

jks289 wrote:Sounds like someone in the Gtown thread got an email today about PT, but I'm confused as to what it actually said. Any any rate, seems like they must be looking at apps today.

interesting. just read the email neelio received. sounds pretty similar to the one we got a few weeks ago, I think. maybe tomorrow will be a big day? :)

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Neelio wrote:

I called in to inquire about the email they sent me and was told the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, and likely would have a few decisions by afternoon/the following morning. For those interested, here is the email I got:

On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I’ve been asked to contact you. Before May 1, the Committee anticipates that we will be making a handful of offers to the part-time program. Since it’s getting late in our cycle, we only are interested in making offers to those that are seriously considering Georgetown as an option. Although the Committee has selected you as someone they would like to consider for one of these spaces, we have not heard from you in quite awhile, and we realize you may have made other plans. If you are interested in being considered, please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible confirming your interest. In the alternative, if you’ve made other plans, please let us know so that we may withdraw you from our waitlist.

Warm Regards,

Sophia Sim

Thanks for the info! Well there it is. Good luck to everyone over the next couple of days!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Neelio wrote:

I called in to inquire about the email they sent me and was told the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, and likely would have a few decisions by afternoon/the following morning.

Wow, it sounds like tomorrow is the day. Eeee! Fingers crossed everyone!!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed May 05, 2010 6:11 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

interesting. just read the email neelio received. sounds pretty similar to the one we got a few weeks ago, I think. maybe tomorrow will be a big day? :)

So since I've received nothing but radio silence from Gtown, it's safe to assume I'm probably not getting happy news tomorrow?

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:14 pm

danidancer wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

So since I've received nothing but radio silence from Gtown, it's safe to assume I'm probably not getting happy news tomorrow?

I wouldn't assume that at all. I'm pretty sure you and I have almost identical numbers. Good luck to you! hopefully there's good news for everyone here

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Hopefully they'll be reviewing some FT apps as well. They definitely know I'm interested, since I got that other, similar e-mail a while back... even though I didn't get in that round.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm

So... yeah... getting into Georgetown would be cool.

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm

I haven't received an email from them since december, not even to acknowledge my 2 loci's =(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”