GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mte84

New

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by mte84 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am

In a game of total unknowns... any one want to guess or make predictions on whether both programs, or either FT or PT or neither have spots opening up post the June deadline? I tend to think there is a greater chance for FT spots since there has already been considerable movement in the PT program...
thoughts?

and adding my support to everyone still in this thread...

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:06 pm

I predict 3 FT and 2 PT. No one under 170 and all people who recieved the little clues in the email (no "if at all" and the "hang in there message")

In other news, I received my confirmation email. They signed it "warm regards" and for a minute I was like "Oh, that's nice" and forgot that they have already all but crushed my hopes and dreams. I have to say, Georgetown Admins win for frankness and transparency in the admission game. I know people say they're "number whores" for anyone with a 170, and that may be true, but at the very least they are honest about their admission policy and where everyone stands. Commendable.

Edited: Because it keeps messing up my posting. :?

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 14, 2010 2:11 pm

jks289 wrote:I predict 3 FT and 2 PT. No one under 170 and all people who recieved the little clues in the email (no "if at all" and the "hang in there message")

In other news, I received my confirmation email. They signed it "warm regards" and for a minute I was like "Oh, that's nice" and forgot that they have already all but crushed my hopes and dreams. I have to say, Georgetown Admins win for frankness and transparency in the admission game. I know people say they're "number whores" for anyone with a 170, and that may be true, but at the very least they are honest about their admission policy and where everyone stands. Commendable.

+1 I got my second confirmation e-mail (different from the first). Really drives home the point that they received my e-mail of continued interest. Gotcha. I also agree with the transparency thing; I have almost no idea what's going on with my other waitlists.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Fri May 14, 2010 2:13 pm

wow you got 2 EB? If anyone is in early June, it has to be you.

and +1 to GULC admissions. Even though this has been an agonizing WL, they have done a great job keeping us up-to-date and making the process as bearable as they can for us.
Last edited by savesthedayajb on Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
jks289 wrote:I predict 3 FT and 2 PT. No one under 170 and all people who recieved the little clues in the email (no "if at all" and the "hang in there message")

+1 I got my second confirmation e-mail (different from the first). Really drives home the point that they received my e-mail of continued interest. Gotcha. I also agree with the transparency thing; I have almost no idea what's going on with my other waitlists.[/quote]

Cornell, despite having really nice people answer the phones, has become downright cruel with the lack of information after so long.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:15 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:wow you got 2 EB? If anyone is in early June, it has to be you.
Agreed. All signs point to EB being at the very top of their pile. I was surprised he didn't get the nod this time around. Hang in there.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 pm

jks289 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:wow you got 2 EB? If anyone is in early June, it has to be you.
Agreed. All signs point to EB being at the very top of their pile. I was surprised he didn't get the nod this time around. Hang in there.
Agreed also, re: EB. I just received my first confirmation of my email response of May 11. I am sub-170 (very sub-), didn't get the written clues. I thanked them in the email for being so candid with us, saying straight out that I have yet to come across another school quite as forthcoming as they have been. The email today said there would be an update "by June 8th!".

I don't expect to get in, period. But this is always a nice dramatic reprieve from my ordinary life. :) Plus, I've expressed my interest to the level of unctuousness... hard to add a new wrinkle to my level of interest, absent sending them short stories I've written!

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 pm

wow. that paints a VERY grim picture. :roll: let's hope you are very much off the mark. :shock:

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Fri May 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Yay, just got the confirmation that they got my email response to the waitlist email.

Is it weird that this excited me?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:24 pm

MissLucky wrote:

wow. that paints a VERY grim picture. :roll: let's hope you are very much off the mark. :shock:
Ha, sorry I am just going off last years thread. Last year, following the emails we got last week 4 people got in off the waitlist: 2 PT, 2 FT. I guess my prediction should be specific to TLS posters. I bet we'll see roughly 4 or 5, though the real number may be larger. Contrary to popular belief this years appears to be shaping up as one with very little WL movement relative to the past. But of course that is just a guess, and anything is possible.

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm

I hope you're half-right! I'm on the regular WL (I know, I'm told it's a soft rejection), but with a 171 I hope they like my app enough to accept me. I didn't get the "little clues" though, so I hope you're wrong about that.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:

I hope you're half-right! I'm on the regular WL (I know, I'm told it's a soft rejection), but with a 171 I hope they like my app enough to accept me. I didn't get the "little clues" though, so I hope you're wrong about that.
I wouldn't put too much stock in my entirely made up guesses. :) I was just putting my prediction out there so in 6 weeks I can come back and say I TOLD YOU SO.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

jks289 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

Ha, sorry I am just going off last years thread. Last year, following the emails we got last week 4 people got in off the waitlist: 2 PT, 2 FT. I guess my prediction should be specific to TLS posters. I bet we'll see roughly 4 or 5, though the real number may be larger. Contrary to popular belief this years appears to be shaping up as one with very little WL movement relative to the past. But of course that is just a guess, and anything is possible.
maybe this year folks are just really indecisive and laying down lots of deposits to buy them time... :wink: and then...the night before june 1 they ALLLLLLLLLLL decide they aren't fit for gtown and they withdraw. and we all get in. v

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

MissLucky wrote:
jks289 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

maybe this year folks are just really indecisive and laying down lots of deposits to buy them time... :wink: and then...the night before june 1 they ALLLLLLLLLLL decide they aren't fit for gtown and they withdraw. and we all get in. v
and then 100 dolla bills start raining from the sky....

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

MissLucky wrote:
jks289 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

If wishes were horses... Or sports cars... Or T14 offers.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Just as a funny distraction, is anyone else getting the emails from McGeorge? They started out "We want you!" and "Please apply!" and now have turned vaguely threatening. The last subject line said "JKS, This is your LAST CHANCE!" :shock:

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

jks289 wrote:Just as a funny distraction, is anyone else getting the emails from McGeorge? They started out "We want you!" and "Please apply!" and now have turned vaguely threatening. The last subject line said "JKS, This is your LAST CHANCE!" :shock:
BAHAHAHAHA yesssssssssss.
go. away.

i hope this isn't how gtown feels when they read how enamored i am with them?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri May 14, 2010 2:47 pm

jks289 wrote:Just as a funny distraction, is anyone else getting the emails from McGeorge? They started out "We want you!" and "Please apply!" and now have turned vaguely threatening. The last subject line said "JKS, This is your LAST CHANCE!" :shock:
Yeah, I got that one. SATURDAY. Apply NOW! I thought I was buying jewelry on TV.

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
Yeah, I got that one. SATURDAY. Apply NOW! I thought I was buying jewelry on TV.

Hahah I have also, at first i felt bad, but now they are off putting

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm really curious to see how high the part time numbers are after this cycle. I bet they've made a huge jump.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:54 pm

SilverE2 wrote:I'm really curious to see how high the part time numbers are after this cycle. I bet they've made a huge jump.
I really does look that way. A bummer for my numbers, which I think would have been "in" prior years. But if they are going to hold onto #14 then they have to be responsive to the USNWR system. (Have I ranted about how INSANE this tail wagging the dog system is yet today? *Slams head on desk*)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

jks289 wrote:
I hope I am at the top of their pile. Even so, I think they review my application every time and say, "Oh yeah, now I remember why we didn't let him in." just a recurring nightmare that I have.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri May 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Since I'm a 163/3.81, non-trad, non-URM, PWL (the PS and LORs must have made up the difference), should I just come out and ask them by phone/email, say around June 1st, if they would be likely to make me an offer if I accepted a part-time spot?

I don't think it would open spots if they are not available. But it would make explicit what I hope was implicit (I applied for 'Both'): That is, I'll take whatever you got!

Thoughts?

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Fri May 14, 2010 2:58 pm

I've started reading them in funny voices to my roommates.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Since I'm a 163/3.81, non-trad, non-URM, PWL (the PS and LORs must have made up the difference), should I just come out and ask them by phone/email, say around June 1st, if they would be likely to make me an offer if I accepted a part-time spot?

I don't think it would open spots if they are not available. But it would make explicit what I hope was implicit (I applied for 'Both'): That is, I'll take whatever you got!

Thoughts?
Has your status checker changed from 'Both' to 'FT' or 'PT'? It seems like at this stage they have separated who they are considering for which programs. My status check said both but I got the email about PT spaces and it changed to PT only. If you haven't made the switch it might be smart to sent a brief LOCI saying you would attend regardless. Certainly can't hurt.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”