GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Teoeo

Silver

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by Teoeo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

My friend got accepted from the SPWL today.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:28 pm

jks289 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:no news today?
No movement for me. I think today is the deposit deadline, no? So maybe early next week. Here's hoping!
No, it's May3rd (at least according to my Dean Cornblatt email from Tues/Wed.)

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Teoeo wrote:My friend got accepted from the SPWL today.
you sure it didn't happen last night and he told you about it/found out about it today?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm

dk8 wrote:
you sure it didn't happen last night and he told you about it/found out about it today?
Fair point. Can we expect another short flurry of activity???

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
jks289 wrote:
No movement for me. I think today is the deposit deadline, no? So maybe early next week. Here's hoping!
Thanks. Good to know. So I am guessing the rest of us will have to hold tight until May. It looks like they took everyone for this round yesterday. I sent in an extra letter saying I was happy to be considered for only part time as my employer just offered me my full time salary to work remotely during school (Boo yah!).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:40 pm

jks289 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Thanks. Good to know. So I am guessing the rest of us will have to hold tight until May. It looks like they took everyone for this round yesterday. I sent in an extra letter saying I was happy to be considered for only part time as my employer just offered me my full time salary to work remotely during school (Boo yah!).
hi! could you tell me where/who you sent that too? i want to tell them the same thing, basically. only not the part about making full time $$ lol-- congrats on that that's awesome

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:42 pm

pollaclc wrote:
jks289 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
jks289 wrote: No movement for me. I think today is the deposit deadline, no? So maybe early next week. Here's hoping!
hi! could you tell me where/who you sent that too? i want to tell them the same thing, basically. only not the part about making full time $$ lol-- congrats on that that's awesome
I just sent it in to the same address the letter came from. I addressed it to Dean Cornblatt and the Admissions Committe (great band name, btw). I didn't get a response, though.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 pm

jks289 wrote:I just sent it in to the same address the letter came from. I addressed it to Dean Cornblatt and the Admissions Committe (great band name, btw). I didn't get a response, though.
I think it should be Dean Cornblatt and the Adcomms (little hipper). :)

I sent my second LOCI, with supplementary letter of rec and update resume Tuesday, 20 hours before getting my Magic GULC-ball "Outlook not so good"email.

I will think hard over the weekend whether I should send an email soliciting the PT option. With the possibility of being offered FT in May very slim, this would not be sufficient to get an offer, but it may tilt the scales ???

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm

dk8 wrote:
That is certainly possible

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
jks289 wrote:I just sent it in to the same address the letter came from. I addressed it to Dean Cornblatt and the Admissions Committe (great band name, btw). I didn't get a response, though.

I sent my second LOCI, with supplementary letter of rec and update resume Tuesday, 20 hours before getting my Magic GULC-ball "Outlook not so good"email.

I will think hard over the weekend whether I should send an email soliciting the PT option. With the possibility of being offered FT in May very slim, this would not be sufficient to get an offer, but it may tilt the scales ???
why do you need to be offered FT in may? what's wrong with being offered FT in june or july? they have housing for 1Ls...

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 pm

MissLucky wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

why do you need to be offered FT in may? what's wrong with being offered FT in june or july? they have housing for 1Ls...
No, you're absolutely right... I meant all months generally, but May most immediately is all.

ktalene

New

Post by ktalene » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:38 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
ktalene wrote:I was accepted today with the same email from above.

I was put on the preferred waitlist.

I sent one LOCI, got an email about 10 days ago saying I was being considered in the coming weeks, sent another LOCI (via email) and had my boss write an additional letter of rec.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...just remember miracles do happen.

big congrats :) were you accepted PT or FT?

I was accepted FT.

LSAT #s: 160/172
GPA: 3.27 from big state school.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 pm

just got a less-than exciting email update. I had received one of the original optimistic sounding emails. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:05 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:just got a less-than exciting email update. I had received one of the original optimistic sounding emails. :(
Got it too. I thought it was pretty neutral. Just saying you won't hear anything until May 3rd, probably May 10. I appreciated it actually, I feel like I know right where I stand.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 pm

jks289 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:just got a less-than exciting email update. I had received one of the original optimistic sounding emails. :(
Got it too. I thought it was pretty neutral. Just saying you won't hear anything until May 3rd, probably May 10. I appreciated it actually, I feel like I know right where I stand.
Isn't that exactly what the other e-mail said? Are you two part time applicants?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:08 pm

dk8 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Isn't that exactly what the other e-mail said? Are you two part time applicants?
I am PT (I was pt/ft). I'll pm you the email if you'd like.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:08 pm

jks289 wrote:
dk8 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
I am PT (I was pt/ft). I'll pm you the email if you'd like.
please do. thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:10 pm

dk8 wrote:
jks289 wrote:

I'm a part-time applicant. The other email was the one people were receiving last thursday i believe (a few spots are open, you're being considered, still interested? type of thing). Yeah, I guess this was pretty neutral but it was a lot more like the other emails people have been getting. I'll agree with jks though, it is nice to know I shouldn't be holding my breath anymore.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

I just read it. Nice of them to send it but it doesn't say anything new to someone who already received one of the e-mails.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Received that same e-mail today (and I'm FT only, btw), basically dovetailing the optimistic e-mail I got last week into the neutral e-mails everybody else got early this week. +1 to appreciating knowing where I stand, although it's painful to think how close I was to admission in the last few days. Hopefully they'll continue to consider me at the top of their list after the deposit deadline.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Received that same e-mail today (and I'm FT only, btw), basically dovetailing the optimistic e-mail I got last week into the neutral e-mails everybody else got early this week. +1 to appreciating knowing where I stand, although it's painful to think how close I was to admission in the last few days. Hopefully they'll continue to consider me at the top of their list after the deposit deadline.
Maybe I am delusional, but I read it as optimistic. "We wanted to admit you this round, but aren't able to yet. Hang in there until May 3 and we'll try again."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 pm

I got this email today...
Dear MURPH,

Hello from Georgetown! I apologize for the brief delay in providing
an update, but the Committee took longer than expected to make their
decisions. Unfortunately, given the deposits we have already
received, the Committee was not able to make quite as many offers as
we hoped. The next date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first
deposits are due. With delays in the mail and extension requests, we
will know much more on May 10, at the latest.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown and we will be
in touch in the next few weeks - May 10 at the latest.

Warm Regards
I don't mind hanging on. I expect this to go on all summer long.

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:44 pm

no email here...

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:45 pm

MURPH wrote:I got this email today...
Dear MURPH,

Hello from Georgetown! I apologize for the brief delay in providing
an update, but the Committee took longer than expected to make their
decisions. Unfortunately, given the deposits we have already
received, the Committee was not able to make quite as many offers as
we hoped. The next date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first
deposits are due. With delays in the mail and extension requests, we
will know much more on May 10, at the latest.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown and we will be
in touch in the next few weeks - May 10 at the latest.

Warm Regards
I don't mind hanging on. I expect this to go on all summer long.
when was the last email you received?

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Shellbelle wrote:no email here...
I didn't get it either. It's pretty obvious we are on the second tier of SPWL people to be admitted if there are spots. Most of the FT people who received the email last Thursday got in save EB.

EB seems to be the only FT person (so far) to get the email today. We probably didn't get one because we are on the second tier and we got one 2 days ago.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”