GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 am

I withdrew from SPWL today. Hopefully someone moves forward in the line! Good luck guys and gals!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 am

r6_philly wrote:I withdrew from SPWL today. Hopefully someone moves forward in the line! Good luck guys and gals!
Philly, I think I speak for all of us when I say "You rule."

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

tommytahoe wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I withdrew from SPWL today. Hopefully someone moves forward in the line! Good luck guys and gals!
Philly, I think I speak for all of us when I say "You rule."
+1 Thanks, dude. Where are you headed?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks guys!

If H doesn't take I am going to finish a funded MS while doing ethics and AI research. I think I may even get started on a MPP or something and finish as a joint degree. We will see. I am just simply addicted to going to school and learning more.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:27 am

Omg I want off the SPWL so badly! Any recent news from that group?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Omg I want off the SPWL so badly! Any recent news from that group?
Not lately, but you should send this in as a LOCI. :D

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 pm

jks289 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Omg I want off the SPWL so badly! Any recent news from that group?
Not lately, but you should send this in as a LOCI. :D
Yeah, I'm the process of writing one and will have it submitted tomorrow. God I'd cry if they accepted me. I almost cried when I found out I was on the SPWL. Never thought I deserved that!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:08 am

How's everybody doing? Losing it? Or already lost?

DrPlacebo

New

Post by DrPlacebo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:50 am

On the SPWL - was notified of that on 4/2. How big are these waiting lists anyway? I got an e-mail saying there were about 200 on the Preferred WL, but no idea how many of those are SPWL...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

DrPlacebo wrote:On the SPWL - was notified of that on 4/2. How big are these waiting lists anyway? I got an e-mail saying there were about 200 on the Preferred WL, but no idea how many of those are SPWL...
I am surprised to hear that there are still 200 ppl who are on the preferred wait list, can you copy and paste the email you got to this forum? I thought that number would have decreased by April. There are only a few ppl on the SPWL and not all of them are interested. I know my friend was on the SPWL but took his name off because he was more interested in Cornell and Duke.

Has anyone heard any news from the wait list this week?

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 am

DrPlacebo wrote:On the SPWL - was notified of that on 4/2. How big are these waiting lists anyway? I got an e-mail saying there were about 200 on the Preferred WL, but no idea how many of those are SPWL...
75 on the SPWL...at least that is the latest number I heard. But we have already seen people on the PWL pulled before the SPWL...so not sure how "S" it really is..

GOOD LUCK! :)

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 am

and how many are on the regular wl ?

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 am

MissLucky wrote:and how many are on the regular wl ?
There is no way to be sure (bc none of us work in the admissions office), but I am guessing a few hundred...but I don't necessarily think that all of those ppl are still interested in the school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

Any idea how many are on the SPWL that are trying to get into the PT program?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 am

lawapps0502 wrote:
There is no way to be sure (bc none of us work in the admissions office), but I am guessing a few hundred...but I don't necessarily think that all of those ppl are still interested in the school.
I'm sure a fair number of folks on either the SPWL, PWL, or WL are no longer interested, but haven't told the school as much. But I'm also sure that there are more interested folks on these lists than spots available/about to become available.

Thus, panic and high blood pressure.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 am

rockthelaw wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:
I'm sure a fair number of folks on either the SPWL, PWL, or WL are no longer interested, but haven't told the school as much. But I'm also sure that there are more interested folks on these lists than spots available/about to become available.

Thus, panic and high blood pressure.
hahahaha. freeeeeeeeeeek

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

So, if the number "75" is accurate, then if any folks get offers off of the PWL, either GULC's waitlist offers go far above their usual 50, or some PWLs will continue to leapfrog some of those on the SPWL. If the WL offers stay at or near 50, and SPWL always takes preference over the PWLs, then the PWLs are SOL.

hmmm...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:19 pm

shadow. wrote:I don't know how relevant this is, but I got off the regular WL into the PT program on 4/15. I replied to an e-mail asking my preference by stating that I would accept immediately. I applied to Both and am 170/3.0.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Hmm, maybe I should do the same. Congratulations btw!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:50 pm

shadow. wrote:I don't know how relevant this is, but I got off the regular WL into the PT program on 4/15. I replied to an e-mail asking my preference by stating that I would accept immediately. I applied to Both and am 170/3.0.

This is interesting and conflicts with what an adcomm told me today in person. I was told that the regular WL will not be assessed until after June 1st passes. At that point, either they would dissolve the entire regular WL because there are no seats left to give to them (i.e., only to the priority ones), or update us with how the regular WL will be used.

Take it for what it's worth. I've probably exposed myself to the adcomms by sharing.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 pm

tesoro wrote:

This is interesting and conflicts with what an adcomm told me today in person. I was told that the regular WL will not be assessed until after June 1st passes. At that point, either they would dissolve the entire regular WL because there are no seats left to give to them (i.e., only to the priority ones), or update us with how the regular WL will be used.

Take it for what it's worth. I've probably exposed myself to the adcomms by sharing.
I'm in a similar position as Shadow. Applied to both. Regular WL. Got the email asking for PT interest. Then got the second email saying "Sorry shadow took your place this round but we'll talk on May3rd" (kidding). This think that the regular, special, etc waitlists might not hold exactly the same way for the PT program.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm

jks289 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

I'm in a similar position as Shadow. Applied to both. Regular WL. Got the email asking for PT interest. Then got the second email saying "Sorry shadow took your place this round but we'll talk on May3rd" (kidding). This think that the regular, special, etc waitlists might not hold exactly the same way for the PT program.
Interesting. So, maybe they asked folks on the regular waitlist who applied to both FT/PT about their PT interest because these folks had better numbers than those who applied only to PT and landed on the PWL/SPWL?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:02 pm

tesoro wrote:

Without giving too much away, don't want to out myself, but this is COMPLETELY different from what an adcomm at Georgetown told me. Weird...

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
jks289 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Interesting. So, maybe they asked folks on the regular waitlist who applied to both FT/PT about their PT interest because these folks had better numbers than those who applied only to PT and landed on the PWL/SPWL?
When I got the interest email my status checker changed. Before it had said Program: PT/FT, now it only says PT. Other people had the same experience but switched only the FT. So I think some PT/FT on the regular waitlist essentially form a new group by confirming they would attend the PT program. I've given up trying to figure it all out, but I am cautiously optimistic for next week. I also managed to get my boss to agree to let me keep my job, so PT went from seeing like a backup plan to something I should have been considering all along. I am kicking myself for not just applying PT in November.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:06 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Without giving too much away, don't want to out myself, but this is COMPLETELY different from what an adcomm at Georgetown told me. Weird...
Hah. The waitlister's fate apparently rests on whose desk his file is laying on.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”