GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SilverE2

Silver

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:15 pm

I got the email with the special group line.

bearsEATtrees

New

Post by bearsEATtrees » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 pm

SilverE2 wrote:I got the email with the special group line.
were you regular wl before?

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm

+1 to the select group deal. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I'm nervous to be part of any select group of which I am a member. Oh well, I'm moving up to DC anyway for GW, so I guess if Georgetown comes calling I'll be ready at a moment's notice.

bearsEATtrees

New

Post by bearsEATtrees » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:+1 to the select group deal. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I'm nervous to be part of any select group of which I am a member. Oh well, I'm moving up to DC anyway for GW, so I guess if Georgetown comes calling I'll be ready at a moment's notice.

Jealous about your proximity. I deposited at a school in Cali and already have an apartment and a roommate... I'm nervous about the decision I'll have to make if GTown knocks at my metaphorical door. Yet I've ALWAYS wanted to go to GTown oiy vey...

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:52 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:I got the email with the special group line.
were you regular wl before?
I was/am (because I'm not sure what the special group e-mail means).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:53 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:+1 to the select group deal. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I'm nervous to be part of any select group of which I am a member. Oh well, I'm moving up to DC anyway for GW, so I guess if Georgetown comes calling I'll be ready at a moment's notice.

Jealous about your proximity. I deposited at a school in Cali and already have an apartment and a roommate... I'm nervous about the decision I'll have to make if GTown knocks at my metaphorical door. Yet I've ALWAYS wanted to go to GTown oiy vey...

I am a law school orphan, and GULC is one of seven WL's (the other six are great schools, but more like Top 30 material). I'm moving to DC June 30, b/c I may have to do a plan B: intern + wait tables and re-apply in late October. I will be ready to pack up and go to wherever as late as August. Weird psychic place to get yourself into...

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 pm

MissLucky wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:He mentioned the SPWL in my email.
what about it? would you mind copying and pasting the text of your email?
Me again to give you another update on the waitlist situation. At the moment, all of the spaces in the class are spoken-for. However, as you know, you're in a select group that we will turn to again if we have more room. I will keep you as up to date as possible, and will certainly send you another update by July 1st, if not sooner. And as always I thank you for your continued patience and interest in Georgetown.

yeahdoz

New

Post by yeahdoz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Got the same e-mail, but I'm on the regular waitlist. (that would be the regular, regular not the "regular preferred")

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 pm

yeahdoz wrote:Got the same e-mail, but I'm on the regular waitlist. (that would be the regular, regular not the "regular preferred")
That's strange, is there anyone NOT on the regular WL who got the special email?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DrPlacebo

New

Post by DrPlacebo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I got the "select group" e-mail. SPWL.

I'm hoping to hear sooner rather than later - I've also deposited at another school, and it'll be easier to withdraw if I do so before they offer me housing.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the waitlist distinctions made earlier in the cycle mean nothing at this point. So I wouldn't worry too much about those.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I'm pretty sure the waitlist distinctions made earlier in the cycle mean nothing at this point. So I wouldn't worry too much about those.
Yeah I think you're right as well. I was just trying to ascertain if anyone received the special email who wasn't on the regular waitlist...and the answer was given above. Just to make sure they didn't cross the emails by accident or something, lol (I too received the special email and was originally regular waitlist).

bearsEATtrees

New

Post by bearsEATtrees » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm beginning to think they send out emails with slight variations just to drive us crazy. I bet there are some admissions office people who look at this forum and laugh about how OCD we all are about every little detail of anything they do/say/send. Even I find it hillarious how crazy we get about it and I still get sucked into the mayhem!

I began studying for the LSAT one year ago this week... at that point I never thought I would still be dealing with admissions issues a year later. Ridic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

elmo123

New

Post by elmo123 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

This is where I get off this train. I received no special line and I doubt there's much hope of getting an offer without it. Good luck to all the regular regular waitlisters out there.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:19 pm

bearsEATtrees wrote:I'm beginning to think they send out emails with slight variations just to drive us crazy. I bet there are some admissions office people who look at this forum and laugh about how OCD we all are about every little detail of anything they do/say/send. Even I find it hillarious how crazy we get about it and I still get sucked into the mayhem!

I began studying for the LSAT one year ago this week... at that point I never thought I would still be dealing with admissions issues a year later. Ridic.
+1
Yes, it is indeed hard to keep a reasoned, detached perspective, when so much is on the line. I know why I'm crazy about GULC, and can run down a list of why I'd walk over hot coals (OK, warm ones) to get an offer from them. But surely we should stay sane in the process.

Anyway, good luck, folks. It's possible I may see some of you again here next year, and very remotely possible I see you at matriculation THIS year too. :)

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:10 am

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 am

shadow. wrote:FYI, just got this e-mail from Andy:
So, as late Spring becomes early Summer and our deposit season comes
to an end, I am now able to have a real sense of what our (your)
entering class of 2010 will look like- and I could not be more
delighted. We had a record number of applicants and you, as a group,
will be the best class we have ever had.

I know not everyone of you will enroll in the Fall but almost all of
you will and I'm writing to you today to thank you for deciding to
study law at Georgetown. We can't wait for you to get here and I look
forward to getting to know you during your time in Washington.

Enjoy your Summer-

Best- Andy
so you were just accepted off the WL??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shadow.

Bronze

Post by shadow. » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 am

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 am

shadow. wrote:
tram988 wrote:
shadow. wrote:FYI, just got this e-mail from Andy:
So, as late Spring becomes early Summer and our deposit season comes
to an end, I am now able to have a real sense of what our (your)
entering class of 2010 will look like- and I could not be more
delighted. We had a record number of applicants and you, as a group,
will be the best class we have ever had.

I know not everyone of you will enroll in the Fall but almost all of
you will and I'm writing to you today to thank you for deciding to
study law at Georgetown. We can't wait for you to get here and I look
forward to getting to know you during your time in Washington.

Enjoy your Summer-

Best- Andy
so you were just accepted off the WL??
Whoops, should clarify. I was accepted off WL in April. I assume that this e-mail went out to the entering class. Will edit OP.
>
Haha thanks! Sorry I'm relatively new to this thread. So maybe there will be a few more WL ----> Accept if that is anything to go by :)

van

New

Post by van » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Here is what I got 6/9:

Me again to give you another update on the waitlist situation. At the moment, all of the spaces in the class are spoken-for. However, as you know, you're in a select group that we will turn to again if we have more room. I will keep you as up to date as possible, and will certainly send you another update by July 1st, if not sooner. And as always I thank you for your continued patience and interest in Georgetown.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:31 pm

van wrote:Here is what I got 6/9:

Same here woo.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:45 pm

tram988 wrote:

Same here woo.
Got that also...

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 pm

ryguy wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Same here woo.
Got that also...
Not sounding like such a select group anymore....

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:03 pm

don't worry friends. you are indeed special. i never got the select line. yay me.

shaka

New

Post by shaka » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I think you guys are reading too much into his word choice in the two emails. The way that the "select group" variation is written, it would suggest that if you received that email, and are indeed on a 'select' list, you would have known that fact (see: "as you know"). Unless those that have received the 'select' email and are feigning surprise to be on that list - which I highly doubt - the variation in the two emails appears to be insignificant.

In my interpretation, the 'select group of people' that Dean Cornblatt is referring to in the email is in reference to all wait-listed candidates. We are indeed a select group that have yet to be rejected. Admission is improbable but hope should remain.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”