GULC 2010 WL'ers Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mkm41

New

Re: GULC 2010 WL'ers

Post by mkm41 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm

i also got the first email but not the second. for those of yall in the first email group, has your status gone to "under review"? mine hasnt, at least not yet...

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:AHHH Just got a slightly different email from GTown for the PWL... different tone. Anyone else get this one????

Good afternoon from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. As of today, we have had a good response and, at the moment, are planning to admit few, if any, from our preferred waiting list.

However, these things have a way of changing so it is possible, though not likely, we will have room in the next few weeks. The key date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first deposits are due. With the usual extension requests, we will know for sure whether we have any openings by May 10 at the latest.

With the beginning of the summer and the official start of our waitlist, I'd like to let you know that we have created a special e-mail account for you - -for your use throughout the summer.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process. We hope to give you a fuller update by May 10, Monday afternoon, at the latest.
I just got it, too.
+1, that "few if any" part really hurts.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:22 pm

mkm41 wrote:i also got the first email but not the second. for those of yall in the first email group, has your status gone to "under review"? mine hasnt, at least not yet...
Negative, ghost rider. Also, we're gonna have to change the nomenclature now that there are 3+ e-mails. I wonder if someone could elucidate the difference between the one some PWLers got this morning, and the ones that just went out.

nesnejnes06

New

Post by nesnejnes06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm

mkm41 wrote:i also got the first email but not the second. for those of yall in the first email group, has your status gone to "under review"? mine hasnt, at least not yet...
nope...still dr. i've been checking every few hours since i got that email.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:AHHH Just got a slightly different email from GTown for the PWL... different tone. Anyone else get this one????

Good afternoon from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update. As of today, we have had a good response and, at the moment, are planning to admit few, if any, from our preferred waiting list.

However, these things have a way of changing so it is possible, though not likely, we will have room in the next few weeks. The key date for us (and you) is May 3 when our first deposits are due. With the usual extension requests, we will know for sure whether we have any openings by May 10 at the latest.

With the beginning of the summer and the official start of our waitlist, I'd like to let you know that we have created a special e-mail account for you - -for your use throughout the summer.

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process. We hope to give you a fuller update by May 10, Monday afternoon, at the latest.
I just got it, too.
Seriously. Sigh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm

danidancer wrote:
newyorklaw23 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

I just got it, too.
Seriously. Sigh.

um at least you people GOT an emai.l. us regular lowlies got nothing. or at least i didnt get nething. :oops:

purell2

New

Post by purell2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm

The first email Gtown sent out today was for SPWL; the second was for PWL

iamtaw

Bronze

Post by iamtaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm

i got the first email and im still 2/17 DR.

does anyone know for sure if status checkers change for waitlist applicants? i'd like some reasoning for my obsessive checking

MusicNutMeggie

Bronze

Post by MusicNutMeggie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 pm

I have to make deposits at UCLA, USC and UT tomorrow, and I was really hoping I'd be into GULC, NU, or Cornell by now so I wouldn't have to choose one of those...ugh. Here's hoping a bunch of people decide not to go to GULC and free up some spots for us!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

iamtaw wrote:

does anyone know for sure if status checkers change for waitlist applicants? i'd like some reasoning for my obsessive checking
No idea, but I hadn't even thought to check it until a few minutes ago. I just assumed that, if there was good news, I would receive something in the mail. But now that I know you guys are checking it, I think we've got our bases covered on status updates.

iamtaw

Bronze

Post by iamtaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
iamtaw wrote:

No idea, but I hadn't even thought to check it until a few minutes ago. I just assumed that, if there was good news, I would receive something in the mail. But now that I know you guys are checking it, I think we've got our bases covered on status updates.
and to top it all off i'll be obsessively following this thread

SummerLaw

Bronze

Post by SummerLaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:I have to make deposits at UCLA, USC and UT tomorrow, and I was really hoping I'd be into GULC, NU, or Cornell by now so I wouldn't have to choose one of those...ugh. Here's hoping a bunch of people decide not to go to GULC and free up some spots for us!
You've got some great options! I'd probably take two of those over GULC for sure!

nesnejnes06

New

Post by nesnejnes06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm

am i the only one left on super-special-secret-small pwl with an LSAT below ridiculous? I only have a 171...looks like iamtaw and encyclopedia brown beat me by a long shot. anyone else?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm

SummerLaw wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:I have to make deposits at UCLA, USC and UT tomorrow, and I was really hoping I'd be into GULC, NU, or Cornell by now so I wouldn't have to choose one of those...ugh. Here's hoping a bunch of people decide not to go to GULC and free up some spots for us!
You've got some great options! I'd probably take two of those over GULC for sure!

SERIOUSLY haha, I would move to Westwood and never look back.

ecs32

New

Post by ecs32 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

I just got the second email... "planning to admit few, if any, from our preferred waiting list"... cruel...

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:07 pm

So is this last e-mail about the special e-mail account a good one to get or a bad one?

I got the first e-mail last Thursday and haven't heard crap since. :oops:

Then again, i did kinda tell them I wouldn't be thrilled about getting into PT and not FT.

Special e-mail account ppl, are you all waiting for part time?

nesnejnes06

New

Post by nesnejnes06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Xizenta wrote:So is this last e-mail about the special e-mail account a good one to get or a bad one?

I got the first e-mail last Thursday and haven't heard crap since. :oops:

Then again, i did kinda tell them I wouldn't be thrilled about getting into PT and not FT.

Special e-mail account ppl, are you all waiting for part time?
as far as i can tell everyone has onle received one email. receiving the email last thursday is a very good thing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lil'monique

New

Post by lil'monique » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:18 pm

"as far as i can tell everyone has onle received one email. receiving the email last thursday is a very good thing."

I completely agree, looks as if the rest of us are still on a 'spot open up basis' waitlist

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

nesnejnes06 wrote:am i the only one left on super-special-secret-small pwl with an LSAT below ridiculous? I only have a 171...looks like iamtaw and encyclopedia brown beat me by a long shot. anyone else?
I have the same. While it's nothing ridiculous on this site we are still above median for GULC and thats what matters.

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 pm

dk8 wrote:
nesnejnes06 wrote:am i the only one left on super-special-secret-small pwl with an LSAT below ridiculous? I only have a 171...looks like iamtaw and encyclopedia brown beat me by a long shot. anyone else?
I have the same. While it's nothing ridiculous on this site we are still above median for GULC and thats what matters.
Me too!

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm

rockthelaw wrote:

I just got it, too.
Me three. Is this new, slightly different one different from both of the two that have been reported over the past several days?
Looks like if massive withdrawals happen, we may have a chance. Or later in the summer...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nesnejnes06

New

Post by nesnejnes06 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

I just got it, too.
Me three. Is this new, slightly different one different from both of the two that have been reported over the past several days?
Looks like if massive withdrawals happen, we may have a chance. Or later in the summer...
the first letter sent out indicated that there were still spots left. it was sent out to a very small group--i have only counted 5 of us on tls. the second letter was sent out to the people on the spwl who are not in the new (even smaller) group, and indicated that no spots were left. the third letter was the same as the second only it was sent out to individuals on the pwl.

we've been able to discern all of this because no one seems to have gotten any two letters.

so it now looks as if there is a fourth group above every other group:
SSPWL
SPWL
PWL
WL

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Well said, thanks. I had seen that SSPWL pop up, and I thought the state department had made it an agency or something.
Right, so they're hedging their bets, and presuming that little activity happens beyond a core group. "Not likely" is the take-away phrase for me.
But, while I don't think they make these evaluations lightly, I wouldn't be surprised if they are being very conservative in their estimations —perhaps the openings will be actually larger than they hint in their emails... Or that could be just blatant wishful thinking.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Even the Byzantine bureaucracy is scratching its head in confusion.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 pm

holybartender wrote:Even the Byzantine bureaucracy is scratching its head in confusion.
Ha ha. Yes, this an elaborate set-up indeed. I'm going to scroll through the GULC 2009 threads to see what was sent to whom. A set of emails that repeat themselves year after year becoming distinctly less credible.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”