JCougar wrote:creamedcats wrote:JCougar wrote:Yes, but only 68% of the class reported their salary, which is low from what I've seen. Because of the lack of response rate, 145k could be as high as the top 17%, which still isn't bad. The ones who didn't report are more likely to be those who had little inclination to report.
Despite that, Case places well for it's ranking, and is an underranked school.
I'm in a bind, because I think I'm going to have to withdraw even though Case is the top school I have been admitted to so far. They gave me more of a scholarship than I was expecting, but I'm also waitlisted at a handful of schools that I would choose over it. And my waitlists are more last-minute file completion waitlists than borderline numbers waitlists. I was a February retaker, and coupled with every single other school except for Case taking forever, I'm a bit behind on the whole process of figuring out my choices.
I know I would be happy at Case for the amount they gave me, but it's not likely enough of a choice for me right now to throw down $200. I kind of feel like a fool for throwing away my best offer on the table so far, though. Maybe I can call and get a week extension on the deadline.
Is it money or are you waiting on another school? Call them today and tell them you'll deposit if they bump your scholarship, that you'll probably have to withdraw if not, and if they say they can't, ask for the extension. Is there a 'magic number' for you? I see you on LSN - they might give you a bump.
It's more the other schools. I believe I have been yield protected at Wisconsin where I get in-state tuition (which would make it cheaper than Case anyways). I sent in my LOCI there today. Also, WUSTL has admitted many people with my numbers early on in the cycle, and Dean Pless said that he expects waitlist activity at Illinois to be moderate to heavy this year. And I haven't heard ANYTHING from Minnesota yet. It's not the money...what I really need is an extension. My cycle started late due to my February retake and I really haven't heard back definitively from enough schools to make any decisions yet. I'm not really all that concerned with the ranks of the other schools, since I think Case should be ranked much higher in the first place. I want Chicago biglaw like it's nobody's business, and Case is fine for that and would be cheaper than some of my other options. I just need more time, but I'm also mindful of other students on the waitlist wanting to get in.
Well good luck with your decision and everything. It seems you are where I was last week. I gave up on Wisconsin (WL), Iowa (WL), IU in but no not worth sticker whatsoever (that's right bloomington you TTT), WUSTL (WL), UIUC (WL and in-state for me is way more than Case+scholly, which = a joke).