Case Western 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

km23 wrote:Case is really pissing me off. First, the scholarship opportunity email...now the freaking Admissions Newsletter>!?!?!?

come onnnnnnn


Seriously, and the subject line on the newsletter e-mail definitely got my hopes up.

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

WTF???

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 07ggfa5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 pm

MBZags wrote:
km23 wrote:Case is really pissing me off. First, the scholarship opportunity email...now the freaking Admissions Newsletter>!?!?!?

come onnnnnnn


Seriously, and the subject line on the newsletter e-mail definitely got my hopes up.


lol same here. I was about to scream in joy when I saw the first part of the subject line. I bet Case ad comms are ROFLing seeing our reactions here.

realworldescapee
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby realworldescapee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 pm

.
Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PhantaManta
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby PhantaManta » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 pm

tallywhacker wrote:Really Case two emails in one day!? And neither of them acceptances.

PhantaManta wrote:It seemed stupid to me :D

Dumb. But then again with those numbers i'm sure that you have/will get in some good schools.


To give a serious answer for a second, it has more to do with the reason you stated than me thinking it was stupid. I had already gotten into Tulane which I personally prefer to Case, although I like both schools. If this cycle had been going differently, I would have taken the phone interview more seriously. But I also did think it was stupid, and I didn't feel like going through any sort of screening process to gauge my interest at a school... Law school is a big investment, and I want to attend a school that looks like it is actively trying to get me to attend, and that was not what I thought Case was doing. It is still a good school with numerous benefits, so good luck to everyone who plans on attending. :)

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

PhantaManta wrote:
tallywhacker wrote:Really Case two emails in one day!? And neither of them acceptances.

PhantaManta wrote:It seemed stupid to me :D

Dumb. But then again with those numbers i'm sure that you have/will get in some good schools.


To give a serious answer for a second, it has more to do with the reason you stated than me thinking it was stupid. I had already gotten into Tulane which I personally prefer to Case, although I like both schools. If this cycle had been going differently, I would have taken the phone interview more seriously. But I also did think it was stupid, and I didn't feel like going through any sort of screening process to gauge my interest at a school... Law school is a big investment, and I want to attend a school that looks like it is actively trying to get me to attend, and that was not what I thought Case was doing. It is still a good school with numerous benefits, so good luck to everyone who plans on attending. :)


I figured it was something like this, but I had to ask. I mean, I would assume anyone who really wants in would return the call. And maybe they do too, which is why they do the calls in the first place. Sort of an interactive YP.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Now I get an email from their admissions office telling me about how their process works? I was already aware of that, thank you very much. WTF???!!!

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:23 pm

:shock:

User avatar
GetYaPopcornReady
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby GetYaPopcornReady » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 pm

For those that were put on "hold," have you heard anything back yet? It says April in the letter, but I talked to a dean and she said that it could be before then.

lawschool5523
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby lawschool5523 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm

i haven't heard back anything. i submitted a LOCI as well.

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby scionb4 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I just got put on hold. :( The email says "postponing a final decision until lat April :shock: :!: :?: Whatever. :roll:

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby nick637 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm

finally went complete today after 1 month at eapp receipt. can anyone venture a guess as to how long i have to wait for a decision?

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 07ggfa5 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 pm

scionb4 wrote:I just got put on hold. :( The email says "postponing a final decision until lat April :shock: :!: :?: Whatever. :roll:


What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby scionb4 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

I guess Case Western Reserve is sort of the Brett Favre of law schools in terms of admittance decisions.

RuralJuror1
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby RuralJuror1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

In via e-mail. Submitted in November, went complete under review 2/3. $10,000 per year scholarship.

User avatar
sapp
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby sapp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:56 pm

RuralJuror1 wrote:In via e-mail. Submitted in November, went complete under review 2/3. $10,000 per year scholarship.


Did you do a phone interview? Or did you write a Why Case... ?

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Still waiting. I don't think I mentioned that I went to see the law school. I had been in the building before but never had a formal tour. It was really nice and I love the library. Everyone is really nice there and it just had a great feel to it.

I really hope to hear something soon.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm

.
Last edited by 02092010 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RuralJuror1
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby RuralJuror1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:20 pm

sapp wrote:
RuralJuror1 wrote:In via e-mail. Submitted in November, went complete under review 2/3. $10,000 per year scholarship.


Did you do a phone interview? Or did you write a Why Case... ?



Numbers: 3.3ish, 159

I was never asked to do a phone interview, but I did write a Why Case essay.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

:shock:
Last edited by 02092010 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RuralJuror1
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby RuralJuror1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Case is one of my top choices, so I'm very excited to get the news. The cost (even with scholarship) worries me, but I'm going to attempt a visit in the near future to help me decide if it's worth it. What I know of the school thus far, though, I love.

texlawtex
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby texlawtex » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey long time lurker, first time poster. I have applied to case and was just wondering how this admissions cycle was going relatively easy or tough. Thanks.

civey2
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby civey2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Are you a resident of Ohio? I have only slightly better numbers, went under review the same day you did, and havent heard back yet. I am from out of state but wrote a "Why Case"

I am getting kind of nervous.

texlawtex
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby texlawtex » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 pm

im not an Ohio resident. I wrote a why case and have spoken with them some. I am just waiting patiently haha....

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Has anyone else had their current status date change recently?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”