Case Western 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PhantaManta
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby PhantaManta » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Uh oh. Looks like Case is about to gimme the boot.

This appeared on my mailings:
"Did not Respond to Message Phone/Email 01/27/2010"

whoops.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 pm

.
Last edited by 02092010 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kk88
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby kk88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm in with a $30,000/year scholarship. Case was my top choice anyway so I'm certainly going now.

I applied right at the start of the admission cycle (September, I think) but was not complete until 1/26 because of an LSAC mix up leading the school to think it needed to hold for a February LSAC score which I didn't know about until 1/25 (I took the test in February of last year). I received my admissions email on 1/27 (they were really quick once I was complete!) and scholarship email a few hours later.

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm

kk88 wrote:I'm in with a $30,000/year scholarship. Case was my top choice anyway so I'm certainly going now.

I applied right at the start of the admission cycle (September, I think) but was not complete until 1/26 because of an LSAC mix up leading the school to think it needed to hold for a February LSAC score which I didn't know about until 1/25 (I took the test in February of last year). I received my admissions email on 1/27 (they were really quick once I was complete!) and scholarship email a few hours later.


Congrats! Numbers?

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby MBZags » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 pm

angioletto wrote:
kk88 wrote:I'm in with a $30,000/year scholarship. Case was my top choice anyway so I'm certainly going now.

I applied right at the start of the admission cycle (September, I think) but was not complete until 1/26 because of an LSAC mix up leading the school to think it needed to hold for a February LSAC score which I didn't know about until 1/25 (I took the test in February of last year). I received my admissions email on 1/27 (they were really quick once I was complete!) and scholarship email a few hours later.


Congrats! Numbers?


+1. And are there any stipulations for keeping the scholarship?

kk88
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby kk88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:21 pm

I have to keep a 3.15 GPA to keep it, but I can get half if it falls lower.

LSAT was 165, GPA was 3.3. I think my key to the money was writing a "Why Case?" about medical law. It seems a lot of their scholarship money is set aside for law-medicine scholarships like mine.

It also says they are currently working on the admitted student's website, anyone get any info about deposit payments by mail yet?

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

kk88 wrote:I have to keep a 3.15 GPA to keep it, but I can get half if it falls lower.

LSAT was 165, GPA was 3.3. I think my key to the money was writing a "Why Case?" about medical law. It seems a lot of their scholarship money is set aside for law-medicine scholarships like mine.

It also says they are currently working on the admitted student's website, anyone get any info about deposit payments by mail yet?


i got that email about the admitted student's website as well. but no packet in the mail or anything.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby MBZags » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Guys, they clearly have more important things to do, such as review my application... :P

spitfire935
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby spitfire935 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm

I am currently trying to decide between CM and Case. I have acceptances to both, but I am unsure why case costs $25k more. I am not from Cleveland, so do law offices generally hire grads from one more-so than the other? What are each of their regional reputation? I have visited Case and I know CM is around the corner so I guess I will need another visit.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:44 pm

spitfire935 wrote:I am currently trying to decide between CM and Case. I have acceptances to both, but I am unsure why case costs $25k more. I am not from Cleveland, so do law offices generally hire grads from one more-so than the other? What are each of their regional reputation? I have visited Case and I know CM is around the corner so I guess I will need another visit.


Well, Case is a much, much better school. Traditionally, Case is a Top 50-60 school and has good regional reach for the Northeast and Eastern Midwest. CM is a very regional school that doesn't compete that well with Case for a lot of jobs, though it has cheaper tuition.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:51 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:
spitfire935 wrote:I am currently trying to decide between CM and Case. I have acceptances to both, but I am unsure why case costs $25k more. I am not from Cleveland, so do law offices generally hire grads from one more-so than the other? What are each of their regional reputation? I have visited Case and I know CM is around the corner so I guess I will need another visit.


Well, Case is a much, much better school. Traditionally, Case is a Top 50-60 school and has good regional reach for the Northeast and Eastern Midwest. CM is a very regional school that doesn't compete that well with Case for a lot of jobs, though it has cheaper tuition.


I am from cleveland, and cm is a great place to go to school if you want to practice in cleveland. they are very well respected in cleveland.

if you want to practice outside of cleveland, then absolutely pick Case.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:05 am

.
Last edited by 02092010 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

civey2
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby civey2 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:12 am

CM = Cleveland Marshal, which is the law school for Cleveland State

As far as Cleveland goes, I personally love the city. It has a bad rap, but I think anyone who is actually from there or is there often will tell you that it is a lot better than outsider views.

Case is in the middle of a lot of cultural attractions in the University Circle area, and if that is what you are looking for, you may want to check it out.

caddyshack201
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby caddyshack201 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 pm

tallywhacker wrote:
civey2 wrote:For anyone who has already had a phone interview:

What did they ask you?

What types of questions should I expect?

I won't be able to take a visit until the first of March, and I am not from Ohio so I expect to have to do a phone interview. I want to nail it, because case is my first choice.


I would really like an answer to this question. I got the message and am going to call tomorrow. I really like Case and would like to know what kind of questions they ask so i can be prepared. Thanks for the help.


I had a phone interview with them last week. I hesitate to actually call it an interview because it did not seem like he had any questions prepared for me besides, "How would I rank Case in relation to other schools I have gotten in to?". I had to keep asking questions and for the most part I was not too impressed with the answers. Also, the initial call came 40 minutes late with no explanation. The call was from a professor and not someone on the admissions staff, however, I would have expected someone who was a little more enthusiastic and prepared. Based on this experience, I would advise you to have some questions ready to ask that would convey your interest in Case and keep a solid amount of time blocked off in case they call late.

I received an informal email this morning saying that I was accepted - nothing yet on scholarships.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby nick637 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

quick question for anyone who can help.

I submitted my app 1/07 and my status still says EAPP Receipt. Is this abnormal? should i call?

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby scionb4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

I haven't heard Jack since going complete. They sure take their sweet-ass time.

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby angioletto » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

nick637 wrote:quick question for anyone who can help.

I submitted my app 1/07 and my status still says EAPP Receipt. Is this abnormal? should i call?


Mine said EAPP receipt for 3-4 weeks.

02092010
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 02092010 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:40 pm

.
Last edited by 02092010 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby 07ggfa5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 pm

angioletto wrote:
nick637 wrote:quick question for anyone who can help.

I submitted my app 1/07 and my status still says EAPP Receipt. Is this abnormal? should i call?


Mine said EAPP receipt for 3-4 weeks.


I submitted on 1/8 and went committee review on 1/27. I was EAPP for a good two weeks at least I believe.

User avatar
geekrocker37
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby geekrocker37 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I was put on "Hold", which an email later described as not being on a wait list, but I will not learn my decision until late April if I agree to stay on the list...

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:41 pm

To those admitted, how long did you have to wait after your status checker changed to "decision rendered" did you get an email? Or should I be expecting a rejection letter in the mail?

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby km23 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 am

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kk88
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby kk88 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

I was just emailed the link to the admitted student's website but I can't log in. It said to use the the username/password from the status checker, but then it told me my user name didn't exist. Is anyone else having this problem?

realworldescapee
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby realworldescapee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am

.
Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Case Western 2010

Postby Nat1018 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Finally got the email.. and I'm IN!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”