Case Western 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nat1018

Bronze

Re: Case Western 2010

Post by Nat1018 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:51 am

creamedcats wrote:
Nat1018 in February wrote: Don't listen to Drew Carey...Cleveland pretty much sucks and there's a blizzard-like weather conditions this weekend...yay...
Nat1018 in May wrote: Ok....I think I've officially decided on Case. Yay!
Don't do it! The nice weather this week is just teasing you! :wink:

haha...it has been really great the past couple days. Hope it stays this way! Now I can officially stop stressing out about picking a school and finally be excited! Can't wait to meet you all.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Ohh god, the weather has been fantastic recently, and all the trees are super green. Only way it could be better is if there was more sun. But I'm praying it stays this nice for Senior week next week/graduation. It's strange because ordinarily I would be walking around feeling nostalgic for stupid things that I probably don't even like, but because I'm staying, it almost dosn't feel like I'm graduating.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sun May 02, 2010 2:11 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Ohh god, the weather has been fantastic recently, and all the trees are super green. Only way it could be better is if there was more sun. But I'm praying it stays this nice for Senior week next week/graduation. It's strange because ordinarily I would be walking around feeling nostalgic for stupid things that I probably don't even like, but because I'm staying, it almost dosn't feel like I'm graduating.
Even though I did not go to Case for UG it still didn't feel like I was really graduating because I have 3 more years of school ahead of me.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:11 pm

angioletto wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Ohh god, the weather has been fantastic recently, and all the trees are super green. Only way it could be better is if there was more sun. But I'm praying it stays this nice for Senior week next week/graduation. It's strange because ordinarily I would be walking around feeling nostalgic for stupid things that I probably don't even like, but because I'm staying, it almost dosn't feel like I'm graduating.
Even though I did not go to Case for UG it still didn't feel like I was really graduating because I have 3 more years of school ahead of me.
That too. I'm writing one of my last papers, and I want to keep saying 'ok, you don't have to do this any more!' but in reality, we probably will. Boo.

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Mon May 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Any word from Case?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

Wow... where'd everybody go?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

Yeah, this place is dead. Anyway, I just got a "Congrats from Case Law!" e-mail, and then it just said "you can turn your deposit into the 1st choice deposit." I thought they randomly gave me an extra scholly or something. Sad.

I've also been looking at a ton of apartments these past few days. The Triangle is absurdly expensive for the limited amount of space. I've found a few great duplex type places in Coventry with tons of space for half the price. Only problem is they all have the most disgusting kitchens I've ever seen. Like appliances from the 50's that could likely explode at any moment or have a rat pop out. And bathrooms that don't look entirely sanitary. Shame it's not feasible to gut the kitchen/bathroom for a rental.

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 pm

roguey wrote:Wow... where'd everybody go?
I know right! So I'm guessing no ones heard anything from Case. Dang! they really were dead serious when they say June 1 before anything goes out but yet when I call they say decisions are being sent out daily, yea right smh, they are starting to rub me the wrong way.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:39 pm

lsathelp wrote:
I know right! So I'm guessing no ones heard anything from Case. Dang! they really were dead serious when they say June 1 before anything goes out but yet when I call they say decisions are being sent out daily, yea right smh, they are starting to rub me the wrong way.
I think them telling us about the 1st choice thing is a way for them to get a gauge of who really does want to show so that they can start offering more spots.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Fri May 07, 2010 1:28 pm

For those of you who are committed to Case you should join us in the Class of 2013 thread.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=109139

Good luck to all of those still waiting!

vijemi

New

Post by vijemi » Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Yeah, this place is dead. Anyway, I just got a "Congrats from Case Law!" e-mail, and then it just said "you can turn your deposit into the 1st choice deposit." I thought they randomly gave me an extra scholly or something. Sad.

I've also been looking at a ton of apartments these past few days. The Triangle is absurdly expensive for the limited amount of space. I've found a few great duplex type places in Coventry with tons of space for half the price. Only problem is they all have the most disgusting kitchens I've ever seen. Like appliances from the 50's that could likely explode at any moment or have a rat pop out. And bathrooms that don't look entirely sanitary. Shame it's not feasible to gut the kitchen/bathroom for a rental.
got the same email, totally tricked me into thinking they were offering more money or something. How far away are you all looking to move? Walking, driving, or public transportation distance? I don't know the area well enough, I have a feeling I'll hate where I live for the first year.

nick637

Bronze

Post by nick637 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm gonna try to get an apartment as close as I can. I would like to be able to bike to class until winter when Ill have to walk or drive

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
lsathelp wrote:
I think them telling us about the 1st choice thing is a way for them to get a gauge of who really does want to show so that they can start offering more spots.
Man I sure hope so!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri May 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Did anyone hear about the social justice scholarship? I applied a few weeks ago, and they said in the email that decisions would be made by today. I hope that doesn't mean I didn't get it :(

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:55 am

vijemi wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Yeah, this place is dead. Anyway, I just got a "Congrats from Case Law!" e-mail, and then it just said "you can turn your deposit into the 1st choice deposit." I thought they randomly gave me an extra scholly or something. Sad.

got the same email, totally tricked me into thinking they were offering more money or something. How far away are you all looking to move? Walking, driving, or public transportation distance? I don't know the area well enough, I have a feeling I'll hate where I live for the first year.
I personally don't want to live much further away than Coventry. It's probably about 2 miles up/down a giant hill, so I would likely just drive. Walking distance would be great, but I've decided that I don't like the Triangle at all, and Hessler is actually pretty expensive/smelly/outdated. You are right, I'll probably hate wherever I live next year. But I'm really determined to find somewhere decent. A comfortable living space is pretty important to me.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Sat May 08, 2010 10:40 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
vijemi wrote:

I personally don't want to live much further away than Coventry. It's probably about 2 miles up/down a giant hill, so I would likely just drive. Walking distance would be great, but I've decided that I don't like the Triangle at all, and Hessler is actually pretty expensive/smelly/outdated. You are right, I'll probably hate wherever I live next year. But I'm really determined to find somewhere decent. A comfortable living space is pretty important to me.
I would love to live close to the school, but i'm resigned to the idea of living a little further out. As long as I have a large living room with tons of windows, I'll be happy. I've done the commuting to school thing, and it doesn't seem like cleveland's traffic is that bad.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 am

roguey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
vijemi wrote:

I would love to live close to the school, but i'm resigned to the idea of living a little further out. As long as I have a large living room with tons of windows, I'll be happy. I've done the commuting to school thing, and it doesn't seem like cleveland's traffic is that bad.
Cleveland traffic can be terrible. It can easily take 30 minutes to get to some parts of Shaker Heights or Beachwood which are maybe 5 miles away.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Sat May 08, 2010 12:51 pm

snowpeach06 wrote: Cleveland traffic can be terrible. It can easily take 30 minutes to get to some parts of Shaker Heights or Beachwood which are maybe 5 miles away.
Wait, what? When did that happen? I grew up there and this was never a problem.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 pm

creamedcats wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote: Cleveland traffic can be terrible. It can easily take 30 minutes to get to some parts of Shaker Heights or Beachwood which are maybe 5 miles away.
I dunno. I always give myself 30 minutes to get to the beachwood mall and about 20 minutes to get to my job out by Target on Warrensville, and I'm rarely early. A few of the cedar lights are really long, and getting up Little Italy and Coventry is slow too since they are one lane streets with cars trying to get out and crosswalks. Especially during rush hour. Getting to Shaker Square is ok, but, I babysit and I had to drop one of the kids off around Shaker-Green and traffic was so bad I missed about 3 lights. It's not NY or LA or DC bad or anything. But for a suburban area with all sorts of traffic lights, commuting + parking and walking to the law school building could easily take 25-40 minutes if you live out by John Carroll or further. I mean, maybe that doesn't bother you, but I'm big on waking up 30 minutes before I have to be somewhere and still being a few minutes early.

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Sat May 08, 2010 1:13 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
creamedcats wrote:
I dunno. I always give myself 30 minutes to get to the beachwood mall and about 20 minutes to get to my job out by Target on Warrensville, and I'm rarely early. A few of the cedar lights are really long, and getting up Little Italy and Coventry is slow too since they are one lane streets with cars trying to get out and crosswalks. Especially during rush hour. Getting to Shaker Square is ok, but, I babysit and I had to drop one of the kids off around Shaker-Green and traffic was so bad I missed about 3 lights. It's not NY or LA or DC bad or anything. But for a suburban area with all sorts of traffic lights, commuting + parking and walking to the law school building could easily take 25-40 minutes if you live out by John Carroll or further. I mean, maybe that doesn't bother you, but I'm big on waking up 30 minutes before I have to be somewhere and still being a few minutes early.
Yeah, I'll probably live no further than a 35-40 minute walk and drive when I'm feeling lazy.

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

So according to lsn a couple people got decisions today, has anyone on here gotten any decision from Case in the past couple hours? Dang it's my last school and I just want my cycle to end already :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Mon May 10, 2010 9:56 pm

So, how are those of you in Cleveland going to spend your summers?

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Tue May 11, 2010 4:00 am

creamedcats wrote:So, how are those of you in Cleveland going to spend your summers?
I'm hoping to do internships during the summer. Something with a non-profit the first summer and hopefully something with the EOIR the second summer. But my fiancé is looking into applying for grants from the Cleveland Foundation to start a business. If he does that, then I'm really not sure. Then I would definitely try to find a local group to intern with.

How about you? Any thoughts?

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Tue May 11, 2010 5:04 am

I'll be paralegaling it up for the next month plus, taking a little time off, and then doing an internship for a startup. At some point, I may attempt to engage in pleasure reading. Attempt.

lsathelp

Bronze

Post by lsathelp » Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Ok finally! Just got an email from Case waitlisting me. Now I can make a decision. They say it's the summer waitlist,has anybody heard of that? Do they have a priority waitlist?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”