Dear Gmail - Inbox (1), Die in a Fire. Kindest Regards, Me.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thickfreakness

Re: Dear Gmail - Inbox (1), Die in a Fire. Kindest Regards, Me.

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Helmholtz wrote:lol @ Cumberland Law offering me ONE LAST CHANCE to claim my app fee waiver.

Lol +1.

I've met like 10 young Cumberland alums with either no or a shitty job who tell me never to go to law school.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm

mayosmith wrote:
Borhas wrote:
CAwolverine wrote:For everyone who has a mini heart attach each time that little (1) in your gmail has nothing to do with your law school acceptances.

I just got (1) as I was writing this message. I am resisting my urge to stop writing this post to check it. I hope it dies in a fire.

I'm at (8501) I can't sympathize

What do you do when it goes to (8502)?

can't count that high

besides all of the schools I've applied to have gone to decision rendered without an email, except for Berkeley which was kind enough to reject me via email
Last edited by Borhas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 pm

DePaul: I do NOT want to apply to your school. Stop emailing me. And it is just cruel to send a giant, thick white envelope to my little mail box, causing me to think I've received an acceptance only to pull it out and find that Admission Materials Are Enclosed! Not nice.

algren

Postby algren » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:52 pm

chameleon wrote:DePaul: I do NOT want to apply to your school. Stop emailing me. And it is just cruel to send a giant, thick white envelope to my little mail box, causing me to think I've received an acceptance only to pull it out and find that Admission Materials Are Enclosed! Not nice.

+1

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm

algren wrote:
chameleon wrote:DePaul: I do NOT want to apply to your school. Stop emailing me. And it is just cruel to send a giant, thick white envelope to my little mail box, causing me to think I've received an acceptance only to pull it out and find that Admission Materials Are Enclosed! Not nice.

+1

+2. good grief

jeeptiger09

Postby jeeptiger09 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:lol @ Cumberland Law offering me ONE LAST CHANCE to claim my app fee waiver.

Lol +1.

I've met like 10 young Cumberland alums with either no or a shitty job who tell me never to go to law school.

+2

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:46 pm

Since I'm abroad it's even worse. I go to bed with nothing new and then wake up with something like (9) or (12) so I get really really excited and then when I realize I can only get chinos from Jcrew 20% off or 4 people have written on my facebook wall I get...less excited.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 pm

Hey, at least good old Candy doesn't email us anymore telling us that she can only hold that scholarship money just a bit longer.

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 pm

dakatz wrote:Hey, at least good old Candy doesn't email us anymore telling us that she can only hold that scholarship money just a bit longer.

HAHAHAHAHAH! +5845648965 I love how it was nov. 1st, then thanksgiving, then dec 1.st then because we were busy with the holidays she will give us just a little more time.

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Oh, SHIT -- there's a WEBINAR at Detroit Mercy Law TODAY. I'm going to follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 pm

The worst is when your undergrad institution e-mails you to inform you there's a law school application process seminar for interested junior/senior year students. -_-

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:54 pm

CAwolverine wrote:For everyone who has a mini heart attach each time that little (1) in your gmail has nothing to do with your law school acceptances.

I just got (1) as I was writing this message. I am resisting my urge to stop writing this post to check it. I hope it dies in a fire.

OP, I actually know what you mean. Oh, and +1 if your username indicates your undergrad.

Veritas2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:56 pm

This is hilarious! I LOVE this thread ... and I completely feel your pain. I wish my gmail was a tangible entity so I could smack it sometimes ... esp. when I get "auto-insurance" junk mail in my inbox, and law school related stuff in my junk mail.

Veritas2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 am

Omg! I just had a (1)! and it was from Cornell but about a stupid addendum I sent in days ago.

And I just LOVE how every email Cornell sends you has the subject "Cornell Law Admit" which is supposedly what the subject for an acceptance email is ... :evil:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:05 am

Gmail (1) Subject: Law school admissions,

Cumberland law....blah blah..

GODDAMMIT

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am

Veritas2010 wrote:Omg! I just had a (1)! and it was from Cornell but about a stupid addendum I sent in days ago.

And I just LOVE how every email Cornell sends you has the subject "Cornell Law Admit" which is supposedly what the subject for an acceptance email is ... :evil:

Actually all my correspondence has been cornell law admit, but the acceptance e-mail was just from Cornell Law School and the e-mail address was Cornell Law School <admitted@lawschool.cornell.edu>

If that helps you at all :wink:

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am

Hahaha, I remember when waiting for my LSAT score the (1) drove me CRAZY... I unsuscribed from / marked as spam what made up about half of my inbox and changed my facebook settings so that I wouldn't be notified by email. Last thing I did before going to sleep was check my email, and the first thing I did upon waking was checking my email....
Applying for schools next year is going to be so much fun. :roll:

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 am

kazu wrote:Hahaha, I remember when waiting for my LSAT score the (1) drove me CRAZY... I unsuscribed from / marked as spam what made up about half of my inbox and changed my facebook settings so that I wouldn't be notified by email. Last thing I did before going to sleep was check my email, and the first thing I did upon waking was checking my email....
Applying for schools next year is going to be so much fun. :roll:

Yeah that is literally what I do. Last thing I do at night and first thing in the morning. I eat breakfast among a flurry of status checking before work. Good luck next year though!

kkmae

Postby kkmae » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:38 am

So after reading through this thread my paranoia got the best of me so I decided to check my spam folder on the slight chance that some super important acceptance got lost there I came across this gem: "make your boner so iron in could pierce a hole in ceiling" Nice.

Veritas2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 am

def2104 wrote:
Veritas2010 wrote:Omg! I just had a (1)! and it was from Cornell but about a stupid addendum I sent in days ago.

Actually all my correspondence has been cornell law admit, but the acceptance e-mail was just from Cornell Law School and the e-mail address was Cornell Law School <admitted@lawschool.cornell.edu>

If that helps you at all :wink:

It does! Thank you! :D

Midnight Rider

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I just checked my spam filter and it's actually doing a decent job. Didn't snag any legit law schools and only grabbed junk from B.F.E. School of Law in Bumfck, AL and PayLaw in Minneapolis, MN. Decent. Just hoping that it didn't snag and delete anything good before I could get to it. You guys have totally validated and amped up my paranoia.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:09 pm

i minimized this window and was doing something else when the corner of my eye seized on "Gmail - Inbox(1)", and had a heart attack before i saw the "Dear" in front of it. damn it..

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Half the people in this thread probably need to check into a decent rehab program.

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

agreed. 90% of my Inbox (1)s are from my old undergrad about campus events going on 1000 miles away at a school i no longer attend. yet i get PUMPED every time i see a new message, and check my email alllll daayyy looongg

hhg

Postby hhg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

can you recommend any good programs? i'm definitely in that 50%.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”